Sub-class 309/100 - front loading and medical forms

fleabo

Hi all,

I have been offered a job in Sydney so plan to migrate with my family. For background, wife and 3 children are all registered Aus citizen's with dual-passports (UK-AUS). We have been resident in the UK for 12 years. We have had 10 years of married, but inclement, bliss.

Job offer is flexible about start dates as long as it is before July 10. I have 3 months notice to work so would like to get cracking on the visa.

I will make a subclass 100/309 application.

I have (maybe foolishly) set-up radiological and medical exam appointments (this week and next week). I say foolishly as we are probably a few weeks away from being in a position to submit the visa application - is it a problem that the meds are being done before the visa app is submitted (other than expiry dates on the visa being set by the dates of the exam)? What happens to the examine reports and are there any pitfalls about 'front loading'?

Can I check that it is Form 26 I take the med exam (they couldn't tell us on the phone). The radiological folk told us Form 160 for their report.

Does anyone have experience of being granted a permanent visa (100) straight away?

Many thanks for any help,

Fleabo

Hi Fleabo

I applied for the 309 (partner is an aussie) and it was relatively straightforward to be honest. I front loaded with meds, police checks and form 80. The only real issues as you said are the visa not being granted before the meds and police checks run out but to be honest they have been whizzing through them recently, there are a few threads with peoples time lines etc. Just make sure you get all your paper work correct. Form 26 is indeed the medical one. Get a load of passport photos done as everyone requires them! Good luck. Jen

Hi Fleabo

I applied for the 309 (partner is an aussie) and it was relatively straightforward to be honest. I front loaded with meds, police checks and form 80. The only real issues as you said are the visa not being granted before the meds and police checks run out but to be honest they have been whizzing through them recently, there are a few threads with peoples time lines etc. Just make sure you get all your paper work correct. Form 26 is indeed the medical one. Get a load of passport photos done as everyone requires them! Good luck. Jen

Thanks Jen. I have booked DIAC registered meds and radio. Are the meds/radio reports forwarded by the medical centre? I'm just trying to make sure I inadvertently don't stuff up and - even though it looks like Australia House is getting through applications.

• 1 year later...
Guest Chris1979

My wife will be applying for a 309 in just under 2 Months. After reading the forums I think it would be smart to front load with medical, police and form 80, but my only question is the first example was a few years ago now, do you think it is still a smart choice? Cheers. Chris

My wife will be applying for a 309 in just under 2 Months. After reading the forums I think it would be smart to front load with medical, police and form 80, but my only question is the first example was a few years ago now, do you think it is still a smart choice? Cheers. Chris

Hi Chris,

Check out the thread on the spouse visas for current timelines. Front loading didn't speed up my own application in the end as they suddenly went on a 'go slow' and took 4 or 5 months to process 309/100s in London.

Cheers and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris1979

Thanks mate, I think we will front load anyway, I mean even if it doesn't speed it up, I don't think it will do any harm. We are predicting 6 - 8 Months.

Thanks mate, I think we will front load anyway, I mean even if it doesn't speed it up, I don't think it will do any harm. We are predicting 6 - 8 Months.

Just remember that the only 'harm' it can do is that if it takes a long time you may be asked to redo them at your cost. Shouldnt take more than a year for 309 though.

Or that your validation date is set 12 months from the date of your medical & PCC so you may only get about 3 months give or take to validate. Not a problem if you can drop everything for a trip/move to Aus, big problem if you cant.

Guest Chris1979

Hmm good point, didn't think of that. If we do the medical, then apply, how are the results transferred, do we need a reference number of some sort to take to the doctors in the first place? As I will be sponsoring my wife ( I am a dual passport holder, we live in London together, will move to Melbourne when we can) do I need to provide the assurance of support forms from centrelink, a bit confused on that one?

Archived