Pickfords Removals V Doree Bonner Removals

Guest Boxertony

Guest Boxertony

We have booked Doree Bonner to come and pack our stuff on the Thursday 10th December 2009 they have quoted us £820.00 for a 142 Cubic Feet container. But only today we have had a phone call from Pickfords Removals, who has now quoted us £750 on a 145 Cubic Feet Container. So I telephoned Doree Bonner back and they mentioned to me that Pickfords are going through insolvency and chasing debts and that they are in finiancial difficulty and we should not go through them. So I telephoned Pickfords back and mentioned this to them and the representative said there is nothing to worry about and they had some difficulties in February 2009 but everything is ok now.

What I am asking, has anyone got anything to say about this and has anyone used these most recently, is it worth going with Pickfords and saving us £70.00 or staying with Doree Bonner.

Guest MDPickfords

I am the MD of Pickfords in the UK and saw your post. Sorry to hear about my competitors incorrect statement. Please ask the Pickofrds rep. to contact me - I am happy to talk with you to confirm our competeonce to do the job. We would never say such things about our competitors, especially when untrue

Guest guest33730

Presuming you are the real deal - you are very welcome on here and I for one appreciate you taking the time to answer these concerns

Daniel

Guest MDPickfords

I am indeed the real thing. I asked the customer to go his Pickfords rep who can re-direct to me - that way can be sure to be dealing with me. Have watched this good site for a while and have been moved to personally engage due to competitors misinformation about my great company. I appreciate this is not a forum for advertising etc

Guest guest33730
I am indeed the real thing. I asked the customer to go his Pickfords rep who can re-direct to me - that way can be sure to be dealing with me. Have watched this good site for a while and have been moved to personally engage due to competitors misinformation about my great company. I appreciate this is not a forum for advertising etc

It's not but you will find that many companies with interests in UK/AUS do what you have done by interacting, giving helpful advice and if necessary defending their company etc and by doing so they gain respect amongst members and if they then benefit because of that then no one minds

All the best

Daniel

Guest Burness2Oz

I can vouch for their competiveness we have just used them to ship to Brisbane and our container has just left Singapore. When we had 4 quotes Pickfords beat them all, their guys that packed were FAB, so so far so good. Will let you know in January when we get our container if EVERYTHING is a planned and if there are any damages etc - fingers crossed.

For the starter of the thread I personally found Pickfords more preofessional and out of the 4 companies we had round the other company you have named also slagged off other companies, not just Pickford very unprofessional.

Guest terrigary

We had Pickfords at my house last Monday and Tuesday removing my belongings to Perth. They were extremely professional and took great care and were really thorough with everything. Very impressed and can not speak highly enough of them.

Same with us, Pickfords were nearly £900 cheaper than Doree bonner the rep was more proffesional- just explained what pickfords do & did not try to knock any other companies,

the guys have been in our house this week and were absolutly first rate ( Billy from Cardiff & John and Ash from Swansea offices) so far Pickfords definately have our recommendation.

• 10 months later...

Archived