Air Conditioning Licences!!!!

Guest JK2510

Hi,

Can anyone please help!!!!

Im going to :arghh:scream!!! Am currently attempting to go down the ENS(121) route(its a nightmare)

We have now been told by job agencies that my OHs air con licences need to be transfered from european licences to oz licences but can this be done offshore. I dont think job agencies want to deal with you if you havent got them but i have a feeling you cant get them if your not in the counntry!!

Sorry about the waffling!

Jodie

Guest wanderer

JK2510,

We have now been told by job agencies that my OHs air con licences need to be transfered from european licences to oz licences but can this be done offshore. I dont think job agencies want to deal with you if you havent got them but i have a feeling you cant get them if your not in the counntry!!

Unfortunately I suspect you're right in that it'll not be possible to get licensed until in Australia, there being licensing by state and not Australia wide, a bit like licensing of electricians and as you and OH will know there is electrical work invoved in Refrigeration/Aircon work.

Have you been to Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanic 4312-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information which has a run down of both Skills assessment and links for licensing in states.

The PR Employer Sponsor visas are unfortunately not suitable for trades where licensing is required for having a full licence is an eligibility requirement for the visa as has been discovered by another recently.

I've not had a look at the possibility pf a 457 visa but you may want to have a look at eligibility and discuss with the employer the use of a 457 visa as a preliminary step while licensing was attained if you find that is feasible.

Visa Options - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

JK2510,

Unfortunately I suspect you're right in that it'll not be possible to get licensed until in Australia, there being licensing by state and not Australia wide, a bit like licensing of electricians and as you and OH will know there is electrical work invoved in Refrigeration/Aircon work.

Have you been to Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanic 4312-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information which has a run down of both Skills assessment and links for licensing in states.

The PR Employer Sponsor visas are unfortunately not suitable for trades where licensing is required for having a full licence is an eligibility requirement for the visa as has been discovered by another recently.

I've not had a look at the possibility pf a 457 visa but you may want to have a look at eligibility and discuss with the employer the use of a 457 visa as a preliminary step while licensing was attained if you find that is feasible.

Visa Options - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Hi wanderer,

Have had a quick peek and i know we need to get 2 licences and i have a feeling it is onshore,but what has just sent my blood boiling is that our visa agent sent us all the info after 23/09 business about the employer sponsored routes! OMG we have been wasting our time with the ENS and building up our hopes to have them shattered!!

It seems tradies are in a lose lose situation,these employers need skilled workers as they cant feel the roles but employers wont even entertain you as a prospect as we dont live in the country!!!

Are you in a similar situation?

Jodie

Guest wanderer

Hi Jodie,

Are you in a similar situation?

Jodie

Fortunately not Jodie but I have an engineering background with some feel of tradie situations in many trades and the more I find out re the immigration requirements re

It seems tradies are in a lose lose situation,these employers need skilled workers as they cant feel the roles but employers wont even entertain you as a prospect as we dont live in the country!!!

The more I can see there are all these humps like on a camel when it was supposed to have been a horse but that's the result of committee designs, it being the process this time.

I can understand the logic of licensing authorities and the need to ensure we have workers with the appropriate expertise of our wiring regulations but I'd feel sure they cannot be so different to other countries that they could not organise testing offshore to simplify the whole arrangement more.

The real problem is that the government involvement in immigration and sourcing the right people is too disjointed in that you have immigration who see their sole role as policing the issue of visas and borders etc. whilst it is another department that feeds in the occupations and priorities and that is typical I imagine of most countries as is that you then have the head honchoes too distanced/divorced from reality, and with politics coming into play they're always surrounded by layers of advisors and bureaucrats it is extremely difficult to get things changed for the better.

Employers and potential good trade skilled immigrants alike get a raw deal whereas it can be easier for those with other skills not necessarily as needed to more easily meet immigration requirements, a real mess you could say if there was ever one!

Doesn't help your situation but at least if you learn more of the process, you'll have some better idea of why you are in the position you are, the same position that all electricians, plumbers and other tradies needing licensing find themselves in and eventually the government needs to wake up and resolve with licensing authorities a far better approach.

I'll be doing my pown little private bit re some lobbying.

Meanwhile I agree your agent should have known better, though they may have been of the mind of another who has suggested to an electrician that they just try for a 121 and see what happens, a slightly different situation where the electrician already has a 175 application in and so a 121 application is fee free and as the other agent says there may be nothing to lose in trying.

Best Wishes

Archived