Shipping household effects - insurance

deb8181

Hi there

Has anyone used any other insurance companies to insure your goods in transit rather than the insurance that the shippers offer you?

If so can anyone recommend any?

Debbie :notworthy:

Cannot recommend them but the company you can use is Letton Percival, they are often used by the shippers but if you go direct you save the mark up.:biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i have used Letton Percival now and yes they are cheaper.

They dont do electrical derangement so arranged this with Pickfords our carriers but they any items that you cover under this have to be covered for any damage with the same company as well if you follow me.

Pickfords only cover one type of mould and mildew but like Letton Percival said, how many kinds can you have?? Pickfords say they will not cover damp in the air but do cover water ingress - like Letton Percival said, how would you know what had caused it anyway - they cover everything!! Its just one way of getting out of paying it probably.

I have just paid 1.2% via Coleman insurance brokers

Hi, could I ask what you insured? Was it full contents, or specific items? Did you work out how much your load was worth then insure it for that amount, or something different? I need to sort out my insurance in the next week or so, would be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

Julz

Hi, could I ask what you insured? Was it full contents, or specific items? Did you work out how much your load was worth then insure it for that amount, or something different? I need to sort out my insurance in the next week or so, would be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

Julz

Hi Julz

I just insured things like my leather 3 piece suite, dining room furniture and bed as these are things that you would want to replace straight away if anything happened.

Cant really insure things like photos and pictures as you wouldnt really be able to replace them.

Debbie

Archived