Shipping Quotes from Australia to UK for you all to see :-)

Guest UKAdam

Hi. I'm a single girl moving back Jan for family reasons.

Grace brothers came and gave me a quote. 2,000 dollars for personal stuff.

4,000 for a sofa, bedroom set. A few shelves and 6 suitcases.

I thought this was very steep.

Can I ask this forum, what did you ship back? Fridges / washing machines etc.

and any advice for me on what to leave / sell / buy over back in uk...

Thanks kelly

Quite often the cost is in the handling, rather than the total volume or weight. So doubling the amount sent won't double the quote. Conversely, halving the amount sent won't halve the quote. Depending on the shape and size of the item you want to transport, you might go for LCL (Less than a Container Load) These can look like large wooden wardrobes, and they pack 8 on a container all destined for the same port. The downside is that usually the shipper packs these, so only boxes are allowed, not so-called "ugly traffic". And you can wait a while til your box finds 7 others companions destined for the same place.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone dealt with Conroy Removals ? Have spoken on the phone with them and they seem good to deal with and helpful. Anticipate moving back to UK middle to late next year and starting to make enquiries. Not taking a whole household back just a few favourite items of furniture and personal effects which no doubt will turn out to be a fair bit !! Would be pleased to hear from anyone who can offer advice.

Archived