Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

thanks for your reply Ozzieland, no we did not apply for SS as we wanted to move to NSW but they were and still are not sponsoring joiners. We were hoping to get there on our 175 but don't think this will ever happen.

Pamela

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks for your reply Ozzieland, no we did not apply for SS as we wanted to move to NSW but they were and still are not sponsoring joiners. We were hoping to get there on our 175 but don't think this will ever happen.

Pamela

The good thing is that you are Priority 3 and not Priority 4.

Guest bcfrug

I think this news only broke today so your agent would not have updated the clients as of yet im assuming.

He sent me a PM later on today so I would think he should have known about the changes but I am glad he is wrong :wink:

thanks for all your replies I am feeling a lot happier now !

Pamela

Actually he is not wrong about processing times. I really don't expect significant movement on cat 3 people for 12 months, especially if the SMPs are released soon. DIAC will be releasing estimated processing times shortly, but I think there will be a large number of State Sponsored people holding up the Cat 3 people.

• 2 months later...
Congratulations Netty, this case officer had granted visa to my friend last year!!!!! Good work, keep it up :smile:

Hi, milano

Dear I thnik u have to update you time line showing below your every post,

your expecting visa in august2010 but it went.

I also had job verification on 07th july but god knows when our days will come.

Reagrd's

jackd.:notworthy:

• 6 years later...
On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2009 at 0:42 PM, Guest Gollywobbler said:

Hellooo again Violet

I was born in Malaysia - near Ipoh - and we lived there till I was 20. My father was employed by a local subsidiary of Balfour Beatty, which had the contract to keep Perak supplied with mains electricity. When I was small, Dad was a District Engineer and we lived in Malim Nawar and Kampar where Dad was in charge of the power stations. Later he was promoted to the head office in Ipoh so we moved to Ipoh and spent more time there than living in the other places. We used to go to KL quite a lot because Dad had frequent business meetings there which was an excuse for my mother to spend the day shopping in KL. dragging my sister and I round KL with her. I hate shopping so I hated KL! I preferred Pangkor, Penang, Cameron Highlands and the East Coast - without all the noise and bustle of KL and without tedious KL type "smart shops" every few yards, plus in KL we were not allowed to go around looking scruffy because we always had lunch at the Selangor Club so we had to wear tailored dresses, proper shoes etc for tramping round the shops in KL. If it had been up to me, I'd have had lunch at the place under the trees where our driver had his lunch in KL - I think the place is somewhere near the Masjid Negara. It looked a lot better than the Selangor Club in my opinion. Dad didn't eat under the trees when he was dressed up for business meetings or the industrial court but he could have lunched at the Club on his own. The truth was that Mum liked the Club because she met her friends from KL there.

I see what you mean about the price of the medicals. In Australia I think they are about $300 AUD for an adult assuming that no additional tests and reports are required. It is vastly cheaper to do the meds in Malaysia (I have just checked the exchange rates.)

I've just checked all your posts and I note that you teach at TAFE level. It seems that you have applied for a State sponsored subclass 475 visa? When did you lodge your visa application, please? If your application was not well advanced prior to 23rd September 2009, you are likely to be in for a considerable wait, I am afraid, meaning that if you frontload your meds and police checks it is likely that you will simply waste the costs and be told to do them again nearer the time of finalising your application.

It is not easy unfortunately. What are the plans for your son? Whereabouts in Oz will he be studying? Is he likely to travel to Malaysia during his school or college vacations? (Air Asia X is pretty cheap.) If he is going to be returning to Malaysia to see you anyway, most COs would agree to wait until he is in Malaysia before he gets his meds done. I suspect that you are likely to have to do some horse-trading with your CO along these lines, though.

Whereabouts are you in Malaysia and am I right in guessing that you mean West Malaysia?

Cheers

Gill

Archived