Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragsterwish
I just login now and cud get time to read thoroughly, Can anybody shed some light that where i am standing now amid of these changes??????????? My occupation is on the new SOL list and have victorian SS. Waiting since Dec 2007....when these changes come into affect???????????????? and wat priority i shall get?????????????

When the SMP is released & your occupation is in the SMP, you'll be in Cat. 2. Otherwise, you'll be in Cat. 3 as your occupation is in the new SOL. Hope the SMP brings you luck!:wink:

Guest dragsterwish
Hey All subscribers to the Category 5 thread, the Category 5 doesn't exist!!

You'll only be transported to category 2 upon release of the State Migration Plans. (You still have a chance to get into the priority if your occupation is on the SOL).

Very true.... Cat 5 has been divided into Cat. 3 & 4...... until the release of the SMP. Then some will be in Cat. 2.

Guest JK2510
yes i think thats what it say and you have to pay a new application fee and meet all the new requirments

Our agent said perhaps it will be a short form but not have to go to the state and reapply again.

Guest JK2510
That would be good but i am sure you have to pay a new application fee

Another fee!!! Are we paying for their xmas night out!!! LOL If it gets us a visa well pay it. Will find the money somehow!!??

Guest rupani
That would be good but i am sure you have to pay a new application fee

You mean fee to DIAC? No way.

Guest VickyMel

I hope at least current 176 applicants on SS won't have to pay a fee to become 176 SMP.

I think that is bad form all round that anyone who has applied for a visa cannot switch. If DIAC can keep changing the priorities surely the very minimum they should permit is applicants who are eligible to jump hoops to be able to show that they meet the new criteria as well as the old ones without having to pay yet another fee.

I imagine its to try and put people off switching - because that probably cause DIAC problems with the amount of people switching to SS in the past - unlikely to work again as we are all desperate to be there we are likely to pay.

Problem is we paid once - we pay again to get through the next hoop - problem is will we get the visa before the hoops go higher again (as they probably will as people who can apply and fill all the spaces, or when the points system or whatever other changes they still have in mind) and we have to pay again to be considered in the next top priority?

Yep looks like we are paying for parties.

Another fee!!! Are we paying for their xmas night out!!! LOL If it gets us a visa well pay it. Will find the money somehow!!??

I think i will leave it and get on with the life i have here, as its been a long time now for us and i am fed up with all the changes and the changes that keep going on Nov 08 has been a long time for us.

I hope at least current 176 applicants on SS won't have to pay a fee to become 176 SMP.

I think that is bad form all round that anyone who has applied for a visa cannot switch. If DIAC can keep changing the priorities surely the very minimum they should permit is applicants who are eligible to jump hoops to be able to show that they meet the new criteria as well as the old ones without having to pay yet another fee.

I imagine its to try and put people off switching - because that probably cause DIAC problems with the amount of people switching to SS in the past - unlikely to work again as we are all desperate to be there we are likely to pay.

Problem is we paid once - we pay again to get through the next hoop - problem is will we get the visa before the hoops go higher again (as they probably will as people who can apply and fill all the spaces, or when the points system or whatever other changes they still have in mind) and we have to pay again to be considered in the next top priority?

Hi Vickymel,

is it true that i am now cat 4 i am so confussed with all this

Guest JK2510

Hi Vickymel,

They are the ones that advised us to switch from a 175 to a 176! Then advised to try and gain a visa under ENS 121!! All there own doing i think!

Hi Tania,

Spoke with my agent if your like us and lodged under old sol and your occupation is on new sol your a cat 3. Dont know the processing times!!

Hi Vickymel,

They are the ones that advised us to switch from a 175 to a 176! Then advised to try and gain a visa under ENS 121!! All there own doing i think!

Hi Tania,

Spoke with my agent if your like us and lodged under old sol and your occupation is on new sol your a cat 3. Dont know the processing times!!

Hi Fitter isn't on the new Sol

Guest JK2510
hi to all I am A chef with SS for WA applied for 176 12/01/2010 where do all the changes put me now cat 5 cat 3/4?

Are you on the new SOL?? If you are cat 3 if not cat 4!

Guest JK2510
Hi guess its saying we will never get a visa and the ss doesn't count for anything as my oh occupation isn't on the Sol

Hi Tania,

You maybe on the SMPs when they are announced.

Guest JK2510
Hi yes on new list with top priority.I spoke to agent they said they didnt know about new lists is it on diac website?

Hi suters,

The new SOL is out and has been for a while. Its the SMP list were waiting for next.

Hi suters,

The new SOL is out and has been for a while. Its the SMP list were waiting for next.

thanks o does that still put me at cat 3 now then what if I am on smp will we be bummped up again sorry to sound thick but it all confusses me when not on here all the time to read all relivant posts:hug:

Guest JK2510
thanks o does that still put me at cat 3 now then what if I am on smp will we be bummped up again sorry to sound thick but it all confusses me when not on here all the time to read all relivant posts:hug:

Hi Suters,

Im not the brightest bulb in the box either!! You should go to cat 2!

Archived