Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest reddragon81
No one knows ,.. Neither me Nor DIAC.

Well maybe they don't know coz they're not competent enough, but there must be some theoretical regulations that clarify this

for example, simple question:

if someone applies for a 175 in 2008 and changes his/her application in December 2009 into a 176 after receiving a SS, should he/her be placed in the queue before or after someone who lodged a 176 Application (with SS already approved) in November 2009 ?

In other words, will the date of his/her 175 application count, or will the date when he/her switched to a 176 count in relation to his positioning into the queue?

I'm sure someone here knows the answer or can deduct it from empirical evidence

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well maybe they don't know coz they're not competent enough, but there must be some theoretical regulations that clarify this

for example, simple question:

if someone applies for a 175 in 2008 and changes his/her application in December 2009 into a 176 after receiving a SS, should he/her be placed in the queue before or after someone who lodged a 176 Application (with SS already approved) in November 2009 ?

In other words, will the date of his/her 175 application count, or will the date when he/her switched to a 176 count in relation to his positioning into the queue?

I'm sure someone here knows the answer or can deduct it from empirical evidence

My understanding is that it goes from the date you put your 175 application in. I think it is due to the 2 visas being the same visa cat. Don't take this as gospel, just seem to remember reading it somewhere. Mind you, from what I have seen it seems to make no difference when you submitted, I have seen loads who applied after other people and get their visas first.

Jules

It seems the norm... the DIAC provide details of new regulations and once again they don't provide the full picture and leave people asking lots of question with no-one able to answer them!!!

I have to say, although I don't like it, I am now getting use to all these changes with out any clear picture of what is going to happen next! Its gonna be another case of (my favourite saying on here); "time will tell... so, we shall have to wait and see what happens!!!"

Tasha:confused:

Any updates about the priority processing after July 1,2010?

Hi Miajohnson,

Here it is.

Under the Ministerial Direction, the following processing priorities (with

highest priority listed first) apply:

1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and

the RSMS.

2. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory

government agency under a State Migration Plan agreed to by the Minister.

3. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory

government agency and whose nominated occupation is on the Critical Skills

List (CSL).

4. Applications from people who are neither nominated nor sponsored

under Priority Groups 1,2 or 3 but whose nominated occupation is listed on

the CSL.

5. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory

government agency whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL

6. (i) Applications from people whose occupations are listed on the

Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL); as well as

(ii) Applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose

nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL.

7. All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they

are received.

Not sure what to make of it as Cat 2 is not in operation and Cat 3 & 4, the CSL has been scrapped.

John

Guest Miajohnson
Hi Miajohnson,

Here it is.

Under the Ministerial Direction, the following processing priorities (with

highest priority listed first) apply:

1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and

the RSMS.

2. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory

government agency under a State Migration Plan agreed to by the Minister.

3. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory

government agency and whose nominated occupation is on the Critical Skills

List (CSL).

4. Applications from people who are neither nominated nor sponsored

under Priority Groups 1,2 or 3 but whose nominated occupation is listed on

the CSL.

5. Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory

government agency whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL

6. (i) Applications from people whose occupations are listed on the

Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL); as well as

(ii) Applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose

nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL.

7. All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they

are received.

Not sure what to make of it as Cat 2 is not in operation and Cat 3 & 4, the CSL has been scrapped.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your information. But I thought that the CSL will not exist any more after July 1,2010, and new priority processing will come out.

Cheers!

Mia

Hi John,

Thanks for your information. But I thought that the CSL will not exist any more after July 1,2010, and new priority processing will come out.

Cheers!

Mia

I think they have not finished with the old CSL applicants. So, while they should not be accepting new CSL applicants, the old CSLs have to be cleared.

Guest bilaln30
I think they have not finished with the old CSL applicants. So, while they should not be accepting new CSL applicants, the old CSLs have to be cleared.

I do not agree to this. They repeatedly said they would retire CSL on 1 July with the introduction of SOL. No CSL so no CSL applicants. DIAC has a proven record of making changes retrospectively.

I do not agree to this. They repeatedly said they would retire CSL on 1 July with the introduction of SOL. No CSL so no CSL applicants. DIAC has a proven record of making changes retrospectively.

They HAVE stopped allowing people to make applications as CSL. New applicants can no longer claim CSL. Hence CSL is retired. For once they did a smart things, and are allowing existing applications to be processed as per the current processing directive.

Guest bilaln30
i think you are trying to make more of the situation to create you own drama :) They HAVE stopped allowing people to make applications as CSL. New applicants can no longer claim CSL. Hence CSL is retired. For once they did a smart things, and are allowing existing applications to be processed as per the current processing directive.

You may be correct. Lets see what happens next.

Hi Bilan30,

What Ozzieland says is true. I also contacted my agent to clarify this. There is still a backlog of CSL applicants to push through. Once again it is DIAC at its best, say one thing and do another.

John

Guest juandelacruz
Hi Bilan30,

What Ozzieland says is true. I also contacted my agent to clarify this. There is still a backlog of CSL applicants to push through. Once again it is DIAC at its best, say one thing and do another.

John

Hi John,

There were quite a number of visa grants yesterday and today - all of them were CSLs...one of them lodged March 2010 so I'm guessing all CSLs in the backlog will all be finalised soon..Good luck to all of us. :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rhodieboy

I can't believe it after all this time and all the hassle I have finally got my Visa!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Guest jackd
I can't believe it after all this time and all the hassle I have finally got my Visa!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Hi, rhodieboy

This is really good news, CONGRATULATIONS.................:notworthy:

Have u got any Job verification call ?

Regard's

jackd.

I sent a PLE today, and received an answer TODAY as well. So, yeah, category 5 applications are still moving, but at a slow rate.

Here is the reply:

As advised previously, GSM Adelaide and Brisbane are again processing a small number of STN non CSL cases and are closely monitoring application rates for clients who are nominating with an occupation on the CSL. As we only expect to finalise a small number of STN non CSL cases this program year it is unlikely that your application will be finalised prior to July 2010.

You will be contacted directly by a case officer if further processing is to take place on your application. We appreciate you patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

How strange that you get this response from them today and they are saying its unlikely you will be finalised before July 2010! Do you think they meant to say 2011 as there are only a couple of weeks left in July 2010!

Does not make any sense to me!!! Perhaps its just an old standard letter???

Tasha

Guest rupani

Hi,

Latest:

This is the priority processing announced today 19 July 2010:

1) Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

2) Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)

3) Certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas. (Listed on SOL)

SMP shall be available in second half of 2010-11.

Therefore DIAC is in position to process Cat 3, right now. I think it is a good news for lots of applicant already applied and have their occupation on SOL.

Best regards

Guest izephyr

Hey All subscribers to the Category 5 thread, the Category 5 doesn't exist!!

You'll only be transported to category 2 upon release of the State Migration Plans. (You still have a chance to get into the priority if your occupation is on the SOL).

Guest milano
Hey All subscribers to the Category 5 thread, the Category 5 doesn't exist!!

You'll only be transported to category 2 upon release of the State Migration Plans. (You still have a chance to get into the priority if your occupation is on the SOL).

I just login now and cud get time to read thoroughly, Can anybody shed some light that where i am standing now amid of these changes??????????? My occupation is on the new SOL list and have victorian SS. Waiting since Dec 2007....when these changes come into affect???????????????? and wat priority i shall get?????????????

Archived