Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Shaman

We were told 3,500 visa applications, not 3,500 applicants.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks so much Gill for constantly being there to answer our questions...:smile:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler
So its not 3500 main applicants?

Annie x

Hi Annie

It makes no difference whether you describe it as 3,500 main applicants or 3,500 applications. The total is still 3,500.

If you include all the secondary applicants in the 3,500, you end up with substantially fewer than 3,500 visa applications.

That is NOT the case and you were right in the first place.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Justin JIANG

Yeah, what about the 886 onshore SS, non-CSL. Actually, we are fighting together for the SS, non-CSL irrespective of onshore or offshore (176). Anyone any comments?

Guest TheHollies
Just wonder, if we're again being processed will we be assigned to the same CO or another.

In other words, do we (who had CO) still have COs or we've lost them after 23/09?

The email we received yesterday confirming our approval has the same CO as we had before

Thanks Gill

i couldn't find it in the attached pdf

by the way , was this part introduced to the pdf

For Business Skills (Provisional) visas the following processing priorities (with highest priority listed first) apply:

1. Applications from people who are sponsored by the Commonwealth or a State/Territory government.

2. All other valid applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received

i didn't see it before .

so this means that they are now processing 475 ?

Hi everyone, god i didnt sleep last night thinking about whether our 176 visa will be processed. We received ss on the 3 Aug and got our C/O the end of August on bank hol monday. Because we were worried about waiting til 2011 2012 we decided to visit Perth and find an employer to sponsor me (hairdresser) we found one and have now come back with a contract of employment on the 457 visa. The employer still has to send all her info to our agent so its not been lodged yet.Our agent wants another £1250 to lodge the 457visa and i think its terrible but we are prepared to pay it so we can leave asap. My sons are 18 (in college) and 20 (bored and living off hand outs from myself and family) so we really need to get over there. My youngest is meant to start Joondalup TAFE in Feb and the oldest is a qualified painter & decorator so cant wait to start work....

After reading all the goings on yesterday im wondering whether we go on the 457 now or sit tight for 176. Ive emailed our agent asking their advise and they just said they will get back to me.....They dont seem to know much or at least they are not good at giving us advise or reasurance.

Janet :-(

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi everyone, god i didnt sleep last night thinking about whether our 176 visa will be processed. We received ss on the 3 Aug and got our C/O the end of August on bank hol monday. Because we were worried about waiting til 2011 2012 we decided to visit Perth and find an employer to sponsor me (hairdresser) we found one and have now come back with a contract of employment on the 457 visa. The employer still has to send all her info to our agent so its not been lodged yet.Our agent wants another £1250 to lodge the 457visa and i think its terrible but we are prepared to pay it so we can leave asap. My sons are 18 (in college) and 20 (bored and living off hand outs from myself and family) so we really need to get over there. My youngest is meant to start Joondalup TAFE in Feb and the oldest is a qualified painter & decorator so cant wait to start work....

After reading all the goings on yesterday im wondering whether we go on the 457 now or sit tight for 176. Ive emailed our agent asking their advise and they just said they will get back to me.....They dont seem to know much or at least they are not good at giving us advise or reasurance.

Janet :-(

Hi Janet

I hear alarm bells. Some other people on here went to Perth on a 457 visa a couple of years ago. Their eldest son was 17 when he reached Australia. They were told that in order for him to go to the TAFE full time he would need his own Student visa and would have to pay International Student fees, which they couldn't afford.

In a family of 4, if one of the parents holds a 457 visa the other parent has unlimited work rights. I am not at all sure that this would apply to your eldest son though because if he is able to earn his own living and become financially independent of you, surely he woudn't continue to be a dependent for the purpose of your 457 visa?

Your agents sound as if they want a lot of money for not knowing enough about the 457 visa. I'd get a different agent to handle the 457 visa in your shoes - one in Australia who understands all the possible glitches with 457s and will ensure that you understand them as well.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

thanks for your reply. Sorry i forgot to mention that my fiance is also on the application his profession is quarrying. Both the boys are financially dependent on us and we have sent clothes receipts bank statements etc to our agent to prove this. Not sure about Callum (18yr old) needing a student visa though il check to see what our agent says. If we got another agent to handle the 457 then this would be difficult as our agent has all our documents and info regarding my qualifications refs medicals police checks ets . Im going to ring our agent asap and see what they say about whether we will be one of the 3500 lucky ones in receiving the original 176 ss visa. We where so close and had our C/O at the end of Aug so surely we will be able to receive our visas soon.

Janet

Guest mripley

Just thought I would add my experience so far:

5/8/09 - 475 SS Visa applied for

21/8/09 - CO requested meds and police checks

22/9/09 - Meds showing as finalised apart from my partner who had to sign an agreement that she would conduct a chest x-ray on arrival (she was pregnant when we were doing x-rays)

22/9/09 - E-mail from CO asking if 11/11/09 was acceptble initial entry date to australia, to which i replied

23/9/09 - Woke up to check response from CO only to read that it was delayed until 2012!!! So close!!!

1/12/09 - "Further information received" showing on my partners health requirements? Not sure what this is.

Does anyone think we should go ahead with her chest x-ray as she has had our baby now?

The email we received yesterday confirming our approval has the same CO as we had before

So, I assume that allocation time for processing of an application will depend on loading of his (her) CO. If your CO has time to deal with your case (not only with CSL) he will.

That may explain defferencies between processing speeds of different applications.

But can it depend on CO's preferencies too?

Guest gotcha88
Just thought I would add my experience so far:

5/8/09 - 475 SS Visa applied for

21/8/09 - CO requested meds and police checks

22/9/09 - Meds showing as finalised apart from my partner who had to sign an agreement that she would conduct a chest x-ray on arrival (she was pregnant when we were doing x-rays)

22/9/09 - E-mail from CO asking if 11/11/09 was acceptble initial entry date to australia, to which i replied

23/9/09 - Woke up to check response from CO only to read that it was delayed until 2012!!! So close!!!

1/12/09 - "Further information received" showing on my partners health requirements? Not sure what this is.

Does anyone think we should go ahead with her chest x-ray as she has had our baby now?

Hi there,

i think i'm in the same situation as you.

CO asked around mid-january 2009, if i could enter OZ before 21 of February, told him no because my baby was due in July 2009. CO asked me to provide birth certificate and passport as soon as baby is born and my wife had to do her chest x-ray again.

On August 2009, sent to CO all requested documents.

mid-Aug 2009, CO asked me to provide PCC for me and wife which i sent on the 19th Sept 2009.

however, i think it would be better to wait for the CO to contact you again.

btw i'm on visa 176 SS - non CSL

gotcha

Hi to everyone. I'm new in this forum but I'm an avid follower especially in this Category 5. I am also one of the affected of this recent changes. Since then I am very keen on what will happen to our application. Fortunately there are people here in Pomsinoz who are very generous with their time and effort and I really appreciated it, Thank you very much.....By the way, we are sponsored by the ACT government and I just received an email today which I will share with you guys:

Hi Keena

This is the standard DIAC response letter. The processing priorities for State sponsored visas has not changed – they are still at number 5. However, I have been informed that DIAC are up to date with processing the CSL applications and will now commence finalising some of the non CSL that were ready for visa grant with requested medicals, character checks etc. Whether your application is in the pile is up to DIAC to determine

Regards

Skilled and Business Migration

Business & Industry Development | ACT Chief Minister's Department

I am just curious about the last statement stated on the email. Please share your insights. Thank you.

Guest Sebbers
Hi to everyone. I'm new in this forum but I'm an avid follower especially in this Category 5. I am also one of the affected of this recent changes. Since then I am very keen on what will happen to our application. Fortunately there are people here in Pomsinoz who are very generous with their time and effort and I really appreciated it, Thank you very much.....By the way, we are sponsored by the ACT government and I just received an email today which I will share with you guys:

Hi Keena

This is the standard DIAC response letter. The processing priorities for State sponsored visas has not changed – they are still at number 5. However, I have been informed that DIAC are up to date with processing the CSL applications and will now commence finalising some of the non CSL that were ready for visa grant with requested medicals, character checks etc. Whether your application is in the pile is up to DIAC to determine

Regards

Skilled and Business Migration

Business & Industry Development |ACT Chief Minister's Department

I am just curious about the last statement stated on the email. Please share your insights. Thank you.

That sounds promising for those of us that were requested to do meds/pcs, our agent is staying tight lipped on this one and saying we will have to sit it out and wait and see what happens. If someone could say yes your visa will be finalised or no it won't would make life alot easier, at least I wouldn't be checking our emails half a dozen times a day.

We were so close to getting a case officer.....I just hope we can be one of the lucky ones too

We could really do with some positive news....:yes:

And you will be if DIAC is going to process applications in order of lodgment date with no regard of meds done.

Now this is the major question and I would like to find the answer.

Guest jains005

Gill

"All the applications in hand from people in Categories 1 - 4 as listed in the FAQ of 23rd September 2009 are now under control."

please tell me what it means. does it mean that all of them are allocated COs? or their applications are finalised?

thanks

Jains

Guest johnsonclan
Im 40 too on 7th Jan!!!! Lets all keep everything crossed we get case officers soon or for those of you a bit further ahead your visas!!

Lorraine

x

our house completing on fri so hoping wont be in rented for years now!!:jiggy:

We moved into rented in May this yr and like you dont want to rent for yrs, hopefully visa will be through soon so we can stop throwing money down the drain !!

Guest johnsonclan
Hi Johnsonclan,

Fingers crossed that you hear something soon. Just wondering when you checked on the DIAC online visa tracking service were all of your elements finalised or just your meds/pc? As our meds are all finalised etc. but we weren't told that we had a case officer?

Cheers :)

Hi, we have an agent so alot goes through them first before it reaches us. Got a CO who requested we do our medicals and pccs. But yes all finalised when we checked everthing on line ourselves.

Tracy xx

Guest Bill_er_Bong
And you will be if DIAC is going to process applications in order of lodgment date with no regard of meds done.

Now this is the major question and I would like to find the answer.

Yup, I'm with you on this one McKlaut! At a rough guess, I reckon we were at most within a few weeks of getting a C/O and frontloaded our meds etc as well....

Archived