Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Thecairneys

Our phoneline has been down since Friday therefore no internet, just found out the news late last night and reading all posts now. GREAT JOB GILL and the others who travelled to London. Thanks for all the help and work you and the others give to people on this forum, superb, once again thanks.

PS Well done Thehollies all the best down under

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest johnsonclan
I'm hoping we have the news we want sometime soon, all our docs are 'met' so we are decision ready too. Our agent is still waiting for a response from our co on this one, Friday would be nice it's my birthday

I would like good news soon too. Im 40 on 2/1/10 so that will do as birthday pressie, dont want anything else just our visas PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy xxx

Guys, maybe someone could collate official responses from the DIAC, MIA, Mr Wilden, Gollywobbler and friends and place them in an FAQ? Then stick up the FAQ :biggrin:

Gollywobbler and friends, our agent friends Jamie Smith, George Lombard, Alan Collet, and many others in this community who have done their part, be it sniffing out information, making noise to all channels in the media, signed petitions, deserve a good pat on the back. Thank you!

I am excited with the news, and like many others have questions unanswered too. I'm sure Gollywobbler and the "Famous Five" are now overwhelmed with questions from the floor, like inquisitive paparazzi, that they don't know where to being with.

Perhaps let's all take a step back, hold our breaths for a minute while we await for more good news to come.

Guest Netty999panda
Here is a confimration of this very good news casted by Gill, Cat 5 is being looked at... a Cat 5 visa is granted today.... http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/61412-wa-state-sponser-update-where-you-now.html

Name: TheHollies

Online SS application submitted: 15/04/09

SS received: Approved on 04/08/09

Visa Granted: 01/12/09

Hi The Hollies

Congratulations! That really is great news for you all, I can't imagine how you must be feeling!!

Just out of curiosity, prior to 23/9 had your CO requested your meds and police checks?

I would like good news soon too. Im 40 on 2/1/10 so that will do as birthday pressie, dont want anything else just our visas PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy xxx

Im 40 too on 7th Jan!!!! Lets all keep everything crossed we get case officers soon or for those of you a bit further ahead your visas!!

Lorraine

x

our house completing on fri so hoping wont be in rented for years now!!:jiggy:

Hi

Gill and you 5 that went to London i just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all for supporting all of us that could not be there with you, you are an inspiration to us all THANK YOU AGIAN

i would also like to ask a question if i can which is, we first started the whole application process in march 08 with a agent but it was not submitted to the DIAC until Feb 09 we where granted SS WA in march 09 co requested med,s and PC checks in June 09 finalised Aug 09 with all doc,s MET so my question is, am i in with a chance of our visa and if so how long do you think i could be looking at [by the way i am a brickie]

regards

pom64

Hi Johnsonclan,

Fingers crossed that you hear something soon. Just wondering when you checked on the DIAC online visa tracking service were all of your elements finalised or just your meds/pc? As our meds are all finalised etc. but we weren't told that we had a case officer?

Cheers :)

Guest TheHollies
Hi The Hollies

Congratulations! That really is great news for you all, I can't imagine how you must be feeling!!

Just out of curiosity, prior to 23/9 had your CO requested your meds and police checks?

Our meds and police checks were requested on the 8th Sept.

Guest Sebbers

Tracy xxx

It's my 40th on Friday, wasn't looking forward to that but would be great to have a double celebration!!!!!!

And in case it slips my mind with all this DIAC movement - HAPPY BIRTHDAY for January:biggrin:

Wouldn't it be great to see some real movement and at least have some sort of idea of time frames?

Hey you never know we might end up on The Future Skills list too and be there in a month - here's wishful thinking!

Guest floater
Hi

Gill and you 5 that went to London i just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all for supporting all of us that could not be there with you, you are an inspiration to us all THANK YOU AGIAN

i would also like to ask a question if i can which is, we first started the whole application process in march 08 with a agent but it was not submitted to the DIAC until Feb 09 we where granted SS WA in march 09 co requested med,s and PC checks in June 09 finalised Aug 09 with all doc,s MET so my question is, am i in with a chance of our visa and if so how long do you think i could be looking at [by the way i am a brickie]

regards

pom64

Hi Pom64

Not to get your hopes up but I would say you have as good a chance as anyone else.

If they work from date of lodgement, then yours will be from Feb 09.

If you consider the fact that cats 1-4 are done then the rest of the places in the year can be filled with cat 5 of which they estimate there are 3500 applications.

What we are waiting to find out is how many places are left in this years programme.

If you run into next years programme the majority of cat 1-4 will still be done so it would not take long to get to cat 5 applications.

Providing of course they don't change the rules again!

I dont believe it!!!! Im just back from the doctors with suspected swine flu. Then to log on here and get this news - FANBLOODYTASTIC!!!!!

This forum is the best resource, that i check daily!!!

from one of your irish members.

cheers caz

Guest waynenicola

many thanks to the famous five, you have cheered up our house hold and made us start to dream again, once again maqny many thanks for your hard work and determination

Gill, thank you so much. I have been reading this forum and doesn't really post much. Everytime im here, i pray for good news to all of us. I am from Philippines and I am so happy with the news! We can all do it! Let's just be hopeful and pray hard!

Could someone clarify 3500 visas that DIAC has palnned for Cat 5 in applications, is inclusive of the dependent applicants or not ?

Guest Gollywobbler
Could someone clarify 3500 visas that DIAC has palnned for Cat 5 in applications, is inclusive of the dependent applicants or not ?

Hi Shaman

We were told 3,500 visa applications, not 3,500 applicants.

Cheers

Gill

Guest bilaln30
Many many thanks to Gill and the Famous Five. You have done an amazing job.

Thank you so much for all your efforts, much appreciated. :hug:

Hopefully this is just the start of something very good.

Sam :v_SPIN:

I read your post after I sent you email about this thread. Any how lets hope for the best.

Archived