Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alansgirlfriend

I was asked to do my meds and pc's by my agent ??

Told me that it may speed up the process. That was back in Nov 08. Got them done Feb 09. So they are now due to expire in Feb 10. Surely I should be due some sort of compensation or extension on them ??

Guest Gollywobbler
I was asked to do my meds and pc's by my agent ??

Told me that it may speed up the process. That was back in Nov 08. Got them done Feb 09. So they are now due to expire in Feb 10. Surely I should be due some sort of compensation or extension on them ??

Hiya

If you want to ask about the progress of an application for State sponsorship, you need to ask the Migration Office in the State to which you have applied. DIAC do not oversee the applications for State sponsorship. They have no information about State sponsorships until they receive notification from the visa applicant and from the sponsoring State that the State concerned has made an offer which has been accepted.

Your second query concerns the fact that you got your meds and pccs done on the advice of your agent, not as the result of being asked to get them done by a CO working for DIAC. Whether or not you have any claims as a result, any grievance is between you and your agent and it has nothing to do with DIAC.

Please bear in mind that migration agents are not clairvoyants. The advice they give is based on the information that they have at the time. DIAC run a very tight ship. Information which is sensitive, such as the introduction of Ministerial Direction 42 on 23/9/2009 does not get leaked in advance. Even the COs at the ASPC and BSPC were not told that a new Direction was imminent. They found out at the same time as the rest of the planet found out, when the information suddenly appeared on the DIAC website.

In imagining that you are entitled to some sort of compensation, you would have to prove that your agent was not only mistaken but that he was negligently so. Negligence is very difficult to prove when the law is involved because of the fact that Aussie immigration law can and does change overnight, as you now know. If you are not satisfied with your agent's performance you have the option to dispense with his services and to manage your application yourself from now on. I doubt you would succeed in alleging that he should not have advised you to do your meds and pccs, though.

Cheers

Gill

I am with Mark and Tracey on this. The online status and departmental email is "information about our visa that specifically asks" for meds and checks to be done. There is no mention on the online status or email about waiting for a case officer to contact you. The whole online application was surely meant to cut down on the need for CO's to be wading through piles of paper applications?

Despite DIAC keep changing their rules, the old assumption applied throughout the process; the online system requested medics after submission bcause it was designed under the rules that our application would hv been finalised within their service charter of 1 year. Hence 1 year rule validity applies to medic, pcc, ielts, and even state sponsor letter!

Now that they apply the rules retrospectively, even the state sponsor letter could lapse. Then what? Is our 176 application even valid up to 2012?

Anyone's SS letter valid perpetually or there is an expiry date as well? I just checked mine. It expires in 1 year. So if DIAC does takes more than 1 year to finalise my application, will the state hv to decide again if they still want me then?

Anyone's SS letter valid perpetually or there is an expiry date as well? I just checked mine. It expires in 1 year. So if DIAC does takes more than 1 year to finalise my application, will the state hv to decide again if they still want me then?

hi sc80. I'm pretty sure the 12 months validity for SS is that it gives you 12 months to accept the sponsorship and get the relevant information into DIAC. Once you are on DIACs system the SS you should be ok until processing is complete.

I had the same concern with skills assessment certificates only being valid for 12 months and the answer for that was the same. Hope this is right.

Cheers, Kazza

Despite DIAC keep changing their rules, the old assumption applied throughout the process; the online system requested medics after submission bcause it was designed under the rules that our application would hv been finalised within their service charter of 1 year. Hence 1 year rule validity applies to medic, pcc, ielts, and even state sponsor letter!

Now that they apply the rules retrospectively, even the state sponsor letter could lapse. Then what? Is our 176 application even valid up to 2012?

As far as I am aware, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but although the SS letter is only valied for 1 year, once it has been lodged with the DIAC there is no time limit on it. The 1 year time limit is the time you have to actually use it wih your application.

As far as I am aware, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but although the SS letter is only valied for 1 year, once it has been lodged with the DIAC there is no time limit on it. The 1 year time limit is the time you have to actually use it wih your application.

Hi all,

Thank you for replying to my post. Perhaps I am worrying too much, thats what happen when DIAC keeps being shifty. I do hope this is right, so there is 1 less thing to worry about. My SS is frm NSW and it cost me AUD2xx to get that letter. Last thing I need is for them to re-consider again if they still want me in 2012.

Hi Everybuddy,

First I would like say a BIG thanks for the "famous five". well, I am a new bie here, though following this thread along few others for a while..

@Mcklaut- It's a great peice of info that you have shared..Pls make us sure it is not the other two (cat #5) who are already in here and got the visa..will be glad if it is not any misunderstanding trio like- X saying to y- y saying to z- and x hearing the same from z again and making it count twice of anything...Every time some one gets a visa stamped it makes us get excited expecting our turn sometime..

will be glad if some one can let me how to edit my signature and add my time line..

tanx.

just click the USER CP button on the upper left corner of this page then you will be directed to a next page where in you will see EDIT SIGNATURE on the left side of the screen :biggrin:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all,

Thank you for replying to my post. Perhaps I am worrying too much, thats what happen when DIAC keeps being shifty. I do hope this is right, so there is 1 less thing to worry about. My SS is frm NSW and it cost me AUD2xx to get that letter. Last thing I need is for them to re-consider again if they still want me in 2012.

Hi sc80

This was one of the questions we touched on during the meeting last Monday. Mr Wilden's advice was that unless the State concerned has made it clear that the offer of State sponsorship will not lapse once the visa application has been lodged, he recommends contacting the State concerned and confirming the position in an exchange of correspondence with them.

Do it in writing so that you have a written record, I suggest.

Cheers

Gill

Hi sc80

This was one of the questions we touched on during the meeting last Monday. Mr Wilden's advice was that unless the State concerned has made it clear that the offer of State sponsorship will not lapse once the visa application has been lodged, he recommends contacting the State concerned and confirming the position in an exchange of correspondence with them.

Do it in writing so that you have a written record, I suggest.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill.

Folks, did anybody ask WA regarding this issue?

Guest oz_angel

I am a bit late with the thanks unfortunately – don’t come on here much since the Sept changes, but I am glad I did. Just wanted to echo everyone else’s comments and say that I really appreciate the efforts of the Famous 5 in getting some useful info for the many people who are on edge following the recent changes. :unsure: Thanks to you all, and a special thanks to Gill who coordinated the visit, despite not being personally affected by the situation.

Good luck to everyone waiting for positive news, hopefully 2010 will bring the visas we are all wishing for.

I am a bit late with the thanks unfortunately – don’t come on here much since the Sept changes, but I am glad I did. Just wanted to echo everyone else’s comments and say that I really appreciate the efforts of the Famous 5 in getting some useful info for the many people who are on edge following the recent changes. :unsure: Thanks to you all, and a special thanks to Gill who coordinated the visit, despite not being personally affected by the situation.

Good luck to everyone waiting for positive news, hopefully 2010 will bring the visas we are all wishing for.

2009 would be nice ! :biggrin:

WJK

Hi! Made a PLE last wednesday and today got an email from DIAC:

Dear Keena,

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s

General Skilled Migration program.

The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial

Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration

visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored

non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations

will focus on applications where health and character checks have been

requested by the case officer. You will be contacted in due course if any

other STN-non-CSL cases are able to be finalised in this program year.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please

refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.

au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,

General Skilled Migration - Adelaide

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

So to all of us, STN-non-CSL cases all we have to do is to wait... Good luck to all of us:yes:

Guest oz_angel
2009 would be nice ! :biggrin:

WJK

You’re right! I will settle for 2010 (here’s hoping!) but will keep my fingers crossed for early Christmas pressies for those who have been waiting longer. :smile:

Guest DomthePom68

Hey You Lot!

Yes you, non-CSL cat 5ers..

Spare me a moment.. ?

I'm posting this from Perth WA, having migrated to Aus 13 years ago to be with my woman - now married w/ 3 kids.

My sister and nephew are in that Q with you guys waiting for that magic email - and I've been witness to this unbelievable roller-coater ride that the march & sept changes threw everyone in to.

I just want to say this - one day you're going to be stood round that barbie, sipping a chilly brewski in the sunshine and all this madness will just be a great dinner party conversation.

Life here is good, really good and it's worth putting up with the wait.

Keep smiling and keep the faith! :smile:

(The humans at DIAC are on your side, despite Sen Evans political posturings.)

Dom, a Pom, in Perth.

Hi! Made a PLE last wednesday and today got an email from DIAC:

Dear Keena,

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s

General Skilled Migration program.

The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial

non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations

requested by the case officer. You will be contacted in due course if any

other STN-non-CSL cases are able to be finalised in this program year.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please

refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.

au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,

General Skilled Migration - Adelaide

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

So to all of us, STN-non-CSL cases all we have to do is to wait... Good luck to all of us:yes:

Keena, Could you share with us your timetable? When you lodged the application? Do you have a co? Thanks.

Guest lkaddoumi
Hey You Lot!

Yes you, non-CSL cat 5ers..

Spare me a moment.. ?

I'm posting this from Perth WA, having migrated to Aus 13 years ago to be with my woman - now married w/ 3 kids.

My sister and nephew are in that Q with you guys waiting for that magic email - and I've been witness to this unbelievable roller-coater ride that the march & sept changes threw everyone in to.

I just want to say this - one day you're going to be stood round that barbie, sipping a chilly brewski in the sunshine and all this madness will just be a great dinner party conversation.

Life here is good, really good and it's worth putting up with the wait.

Keep smiling and keep the faith! :smile:

(The humans at DIAC are on your side, despite Sen Evans political posturings.)

Dom, a Pom, in Perth.

Hello Dom, thanks for your post.

Quick question - Is there any sort of understanding and/or repercussion from the public out there in Perth? Are they aware of this change? What is their perception to that? Wonder what is the public opinion on that.

Thanks a million.

Luciana

Guest bilaln30
hi everyone,

we were very exited about the news, but because of so many rumours, decided to confirm with our case officer. our question to her was following:

I
t has been some time now since the priority processing changes have been made (23 September 2009), also the weekly status email (
) does not provide any updated information with regards to the processing time lines.
Do you have any information from your department that might shed some light on our processing status? (considering that medicals & police clearance have been finalised)

Her answer:

The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. I regret to advise that your case is not currently at this stage of processing. You will be contacted in coming months if further processing is to take place on your application in this program year.

Regards

xxxxxx

SO, we replied the following:

T
hank you very much for your quick reply. I too have received this information from the MIA, worded a little differently.
“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial
non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisation
requested by the case officer.”
Is this statement from MIA correct?
Yours Sincerely

She replied:

Dear Mr xx

The statement is correct, but please note that only a small number of

applications may be finalised, where health and character clearance

validity is about to expire.

Your health and character clearances are valid until November 2010.

You will be advised as soon as your application is ready to be progressed.

Regards

Hope this helps!

Dear Rennette,

Well I think this is not the policy your CO is talking about. This is only a perception of a CO about the new instructions given by the DIAC. I think we would soon hear more.

Regards,

Bilal

Guest bilaln30
Hi All

I have just joined after reading all the very exciting and confusing news! Could someone please answer the following?

When I applied online in Nov 2008, the online file and the email I received both told me to get the meds and PC done -

Further informationPlease download Form 26EH - 'Medical examination for an Australian visa.' Complete Part A of Form 26EH and take it with you to your appointment with your Panel Doctor or Health Services Australia. You should complete Part B of this form in the presence of the doctor.

There was no mention of case officers? As it was requested on the online status, I had the MEDS and PC done and they were listed as being received in May 2009.

I was given state sponsorship by WA on the 11th September 2009 but as they posted it I did not receive it until the 1st October - after Sen Evans statement on 23rd Sept. I emailed all signed docs back to WA but have not heard a thing since. They now have EVERYTHING requested!

Should I have got the MEDS and PC done?

Why does my online document checklist still show all documents as required, even though they were all uploaded on the 3rd Nov last year?!

Do they really expect us and others in the same boat to pay out another £500+ on these checks?

I am really confused!

Lucy

I fully agree with you that the state of affairs is very confusing. I don't have answer to any of your questions.

Archived