Australian Fancy Dress

Guest Shreen

Hey All!

I'm having an Australian themed party next week to celebrate our visa. Everyone has to come in Aussie fancy dress. I'm struggling with what I should go as, I have the obvious ones in mind, but as Im the host I want a really good outfit. Anyone got any good ideas?

Thanks all!

Shreen

Guest Paussie

I had a similar idea for when my Visa was granted and I'd booked my flights. However, my rather cruel friends started coming up with ideas such as coming as an Aussie wildlife enthusiast with stingray barbs sticking out their chests... so the idea was quickly shelved.

It's hard to come up with something that's original without being completely stereotypical about it all. Perhaps you could try going as an Australian cricketer? You wouldn't have to carry a small trophy around all evening which means you can hold two drinks at once?!

Guest Working to fish

Wear your pj's

you can say ,you have come as ,one of those,s that go shopping in there pj's .

Just an idea .

:cute:

Thanks everyone! some great ideas, love the red speedo one but might be a bit revealing ha ha! I'm thinking Dame Edna! Or me and my other half could do Charline and Scott. Another one I thought of was Sheila's wheels!

Will let you know what I decide. Thanks all!

Guest pixie_duzt2003@hotmail.co
Thanks everyone! some great ideas, love the red speedo one but might be a bit revealing ha ha! I'm thinking Dame Edna! Or me and my other half could do Charline and Scott. Another one I thought of was Sheila's wheels!

Will let you know what I decide. Thanks all!

my fiance and i had an australian themed new years party before we went to perth on gap year, me, my mum and my fiance mum and sister went as shelias wheels, we just bought some pink material and made shift dresses, ive tried to upload a pic, and one of my dad as a croc haha!

my fiance and i had an australian themed new years party before we went to perth on gap year, me, my mum and my fiance mum and sister went as shelias wheels, we just bought some pink material and made shift dresses, ive tried to upload a pic, and one of my dad as a croc haha!

Ha ha thats brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

did you decide on a costume?

I;m torn between Sheilas wheels, Charlene from Neighbours and Dame Edna. I think me and my other half are going to probably do Scott and Charlene. The party is this saturday so i will let you know what we finally decide!

Hey All!

I'm having an Australian themed party next week to celebrate our visa. Everyone has to come in Aussie fancy dress. I'm struggling with what I should go as, I have the obvious ones in mind, but as Im the host I want a really good outfit. Anyone got any good ideas?

Thanks all!

Shreen

Bare feet ,pyjamas and shoppin bag sorted

Mally

• 3 years later...
Hey All!

Thanks all!

Shreen

We are also having an Aussie themed party as we move out to Brisbane in Sept, we have Steve Irwins, Dame Edna's, Kylie and Jason, beach wear, convicts and lots of cork hats. I can't wait for my party will be very interesting

Archived