Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Micapol

Aus tax refund for backpackers

Recommended Posts

Guest Micapol

My daughter has left australia and is now working in New Zealnd, can anyone advise me how I may claim back the tax she paid in, she worked July - Sept 09.


Also can you claim back the super.


Many thanks


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Carole,


To claim back the super, I contacted the super company and requested a refund. They sent me a form to fill out, they wanted a photocopy of the exit visa to prove I had left the country.


I temped for several companies so this was a nightmare, but well worth it as I got several thousand back as I was there 3 years. Nice windfall!!!


As for the tax, we got an accountant to do it, he wasnt expensive at all. Think there is a company called taxback who specialise in this.


Cheers Caz

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now