lizzy27

Just found out I have epilepsy

Hi,

Had a seizure last week in front of my Kids, was carted off in an ambo, had some scans & was told I'm epileptic. Iam really worried this will affect our pr app. We are on a 457 now & only have a few months more until we can apply for pr. Doc said I will be fine on meds, but it doesn't stop me worrying. Any reassurance wud b fab!!

[url="http://www.move2thecoast.com.au

Guest siamsusie
Hi,

Had a seizure last week in front of my Kids, was carted off in an ambo, had some scans & was told I'm epileptic. Iam really worried this will affect our pr app. We are on a 457 now & only have a few months more until we can apply for pr. Doc said I will be fine on meds, but it doesn't stop me worrying. Any reassurance wud b fab!!

Lizzy, if your Dr says you will be fine on medication then I am sure you will get sorted. There are bound to be many others that have something similar or know of someone who has....... and are able to reassure you. Just to wish you the best of luck with your PR, many people had had a lot worse! Very best wishes and try not to worry:hug: Susie xx

Guest Paussie

Can't remember what a 457 is but when I applied for a partner Visa, I was completely honest in saying that I have a mental illness. They requested more information from me and when I provided this, they were fine about it and gave me a full PR visa. I've had treatment here in Aus for it (which, I have to say, has been first rate.) If your doctor says you should be fine on medication then I daresay he is correct.

(As an aside, I have three close relatives who are all epileptic and and confidence aside on occasions, they live pretty much normal lives.)

there are people who have epilepsy who came on 457, got PR and are now citiizens. Try not to worry about it too much

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Hi, I have very mild medication-controlled epilepsy. So much so that I only had one grand mal seizure 10 years ago. I too thought it would be an issue, but it was hardly mentioned. I think that when they get your meds right (this may take a little time for adjustments in dosages) you'll be fine. At the end of it, the doc seems happy with you so I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem. Have to say that even 10 years on, this was one of the most traumatic things that has happened to me and after a week you must still be in shock. Try not to let things worry you too much and trust that everything will work out fine.

I've had about a dozen or more seizures since my last post. Im now on kepra which I'd not funded by the gov unless like In My case they can show the other drugs don't work. That said, I'm likely to have a prob with the medical?? I

worrying just a tad lol

[url="http://www.move2thecoast.com.au

Hope you're ok, you should try and not worry (I know easier said than done) stress can bring on seuzures, does with me. In case you need someone to talk to or information I'm a member here & have always found them really helpful and supportive Epilepsy Action

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

Guest pablofet1

Oh bless you.

I'm not epileptic but diabetic. Although different i know how it feels to be diagnosed with something totally out of the blue.

I can understand you are concerned about your Pr but by he sounds of it you seem to be on top of things and doing all you can to give you the best possible chance.

Think positive, best wishes & we are keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Mel :hug: xx