175,176 ??????????????????

mr luvpants

We are not sure what to do? We have a positive skills assessment (nurse) and Queensland Health nursing registration. We have applied for Queensland state sponsorship which we should be getting in a few weeks time. Our plan was to apply for a 176 when January came as this is when Lisa has done a year as a nurse. However as she had to sit and pass the IELTS test, we now have enough points to apply for a 175.

What should we do? Any words of wisdom? We don't plan going until December 2010. I also like the flexibility of the 175.

JOHN

Guest wanderer

Even with Lisa having the points and showing finer ones Luvvy, she'll still need the 12 months experience up for a 175/176, 12 months in two years prior to application is what is mandatory.

She'll be on CSL or whatever any new higher priority is, so ought to stand a good chance of being processed next year.

Hi John,

I personally would apply for the 175 over the 176 if you're on the CSL anyway. It gives you more freedom. The 176 application would just perhaps speed things up with the current priority list, but that is not set in stone and will change soon, so given that you are not applying til January, there may be a new FSL in place which will mean that SS may not be top priority so no benefit to you.

As wanderer says, you'll probably be on any new priority list with Lisa being a nurse, so your 175 will probably get priority anyway. If for some reason it didnt, I think you can switch to a 176 later on after applying.

With the imminent changes it means that you're trying to second guess what the priority will be and I suppose no-one knows for sure, but good luck with whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll get your visa by mid 2010 in plenty of time for a Dec 2010 move. I'm planning on going to QLD too around Oct 2010 so we might be posting all the removals posts etc around the same time!! I'm going for a reccie in March too.

Cheers

Shaz

Guest Gollywobbler
We are not sure what to do? We have a positive skills assessment (nurse) and Queensland Health nursing registration. We have applied for Queensland state sponsorship which we should be getting in a few weeks time. Our plan was to apply for a 176 when January came as this is when Lisa has done a year as a nurse. However as she had to sit and pass the IELTS test, we now have enough points to apply for a 175.

What should we do? Any words of wisdom? We don't plan going until December 2010. I also like the flexibility of the 175.

JOHN

Hi John

I would suggest that you do nothing and await news from DIAC. George Lombard is muttering that a further announcement is not far off and he thinks it will show a positive change - for a change. I suspect that it is too early for you to be able to make a profitable decision about which visa to opt for.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/71786-future-migration-existing-applicants-13.html

Whatever happens with regard to which visa would be the cute option, Australia needs Lisa. That will not alter. British nurses are highly unlikely to go out of fashion as far as the Aussie migration program is concerned.

Cheers

Gill

JOHN

Hello Jon, are you sure you will get the ss in few week, you after me on our Q/L time lines that Tasha has set out, im going bald now with all the waiting, Go with your heart mate.oh and by the way i love the profile pic

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, am kind of in the same situation. Am going over in Jan on a 457 and have begun thinking about what we will do to secure our future in Australia and have been trying to decide between the 175 and 176. I would prefer to go on the 175 as it will give us the freedom to move about - if abter 2 years of being in Melbourne and I get PR but don'[t like Melbourne the 176 will determine that I need to stay put where ar the 175 means we can move.

I spoke to a migrant agent who said that 176 will be processed quicker but as a nurse 175 will still get some priority. I have been told that the waiting time can be anywhere from 6 months to 18months. I think in order to get your PR asap the 176 will be quicker. So I suppose it depends on how determined you are to be out by Dec 2010?

I also wrote to the DIAC who sent me an informative email about waiting times, I shall try and find it and post it on here for you!

Good luck with it all,

Lou

So......we are about to start our online application. I am still not sure what number to choose? There seems to be a lot of 175s being granted this week.

Help anyone?????:arghh:

JOHN

Hi John

If it was me, I think I would go for the 175 visa for now and get the application in, then I would wait and see what happens with the new changes which Gill mentioned earlier. At least then you are in the queue.

I do think your application will be processed quite quickly on the 175 application and if you dont plan to be out there until Dec next year then you have plenty of time. It seems that they are processing the 175 CSL quite quickly now anyway.

If at any time you choose to change your mind it costs nothing to send the paper work off to the change over to the 176 visa!

Good luck

Tasha x:wubclub:

Archived