Probably been asked a million times - form 80 needed?

Gothnet

Hi all,

this has probably been asked before but - is Form 80 needed for an offshore PR 175 or 176 visa? Or is it only done on request?

I've been pretty good on everything else, I just couldn't quite tell from immi.gov.au if form 80 was needed so I haven't attached it yet.

Busy doing my police stuff now but am frontloading, I want everything perfect for when the CO is finally assigned.

Help appreciated!

When I applied for subclass 820, I included Form80 with the application up front. My visa was granted in two weeks! Well, I guess it won't hurt to include form80 with your application. The case officer will probably ask for it, anyway.

We weren't sure but Catherine (main applicant) sent one in anticipation and as my family is quite large & scattered - France, U.S. etc I decided to wait to see if asked for one although I did start filling it in loosely in case,

The case officer must have been happy enough with Catherines as visa was granted soon after.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if it is easy enough then send one but if it is going to be a nightmare wait to be asked.

sorry if I'm rambling - must be overtired.

We applied for the 309 visa in Auckland where the form 80 is required up front. If you don't have to submit it with your application then it is usually worth sending it anyway - or having it ready to send should they ask you to provide one. Do bear in mind that if you are applying for a visa with a long waiting period that you may just have to submit a second one if a substantial period has passed since you handed in your form 80.

Hi all,

this has probably been asked before but - is Form 80 needed for an offshore PR 175 or 176 visa? Or is it only done on request?

I've been pretty good on everything else, I just couldn't quite tell from immi.gov.au if form 80 was needed so I haven't attached it yet.

Busy doing my police stuff now but am frontloading, I want everything perfect for when the CO is finally assigned.

Help appreciated!

Some ASPC case officers will ask for Form 80, others won't. Sometimes, only one person in the application is asked for Form 80, sometimes both primary and secondary applicants are asked for it. This applies to applicants of any nationality.

Form 80 is a wonderful form to fill up. I think it's second to some extremely longwinded Centrelink (not related to immigration) forms that I've seen, in my personal opinion.

Regards

Peter

Guest mikewheble

I did mine for my two children as one is 16 and the other 17...I would do it as that way you wont delay anything

Regards

Mike

Guest Perth Princess

It has been asked a million times before, including by myself (what feels like a million years ago now). It obviously isn't made clear enough, you would think the someone relevant would pick up on it, but yes you need to do it.

It has been asked a million times before, including by myself (what feels like a million years ago now). It obviously isn't made clear enough, you would think the someone relevant would pick up on it, but yes you need to do it.

Sorry to disagree guys, I picked up our shiny new 176's today and never did a form 80, our agent said 90% of their applicants don't get asked for one.

Guest ashlondongal
Hi all,

Help appreciated!

I presume, It very much depends on your "CO". However, lot of them have indeed frontload the form 80, even me!!

for some applicants , along with form 80, CO might ask to fill 1221 something of that sort!!

Archived