im i classed as onshore or offshore ?

Juliep

Guest siamsusie
im working here in oz on a 457 visa but am getting my paper work together for my pr, what im i classed as onshore or offshore ?

julie:wacko:

On shore Julie:wubclub:

Guest wanderer

juliep,

im working here in oz on a 457 visa but am getting my paper work together for my pr, what im i classed as onshore or offshore ?

julie

If there's an onshore visa that you are eligible to apply for, such as the ENS 856 or RSMS 857, yep that'll make you onshore.

But if you're looking at the 175/176 or 885/886 options, likely you'll be ineligible for the onshore 885/886 which has study in Oz as a requirement and so in applying for 175/176 that puts you back to offshore [but you can still apply from within Australia].

If you are applying for p/r under the ENS you can be either - you decide when you tick the relevant box on the application form.

Onshore = bridging visa entitlement, you must have a qualifying visa, and you can be onshore at time of visa grant.

Offshore = must be offshore at time of visa grant. Usually only used when the visa applicant in Australia doesn't have a qualifying visa. Or if you are offshore when the application is lodged. Or - importantly - if you have already lodged a s/c 175 or 176 visa application and want to go for the fee free ENS option.

Best regards.

Archived