You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Luke Brown

How long from medicals finalised to visa grant?

Guest Luke Brown

Ok I know that nobody can tell me the answer to this for my particular case. All cases are different etc. However, I'm trying to build a picture of averages from those people that have had their visas granted.

I'm mainly interested in 175 or 176 visa types and for those people who did not front load medicals (so just did them when CO requested).

How long did it take between medicals showing as finalised and getting the final decision email?

My medicals were finalised on 9th November and I'm trying to work out when I might expect to hear of a final decision (ie, is the average a matter of days, weeks or months?).

No one ever wants to get your hopes up which is why it's hard to get an answer...

At present 175's are usually grated between 2 & 14 Days after Meds finalised providing PCC's uploaded?.

Mine was about 12 days.

17/02/09 ACS RPL 2231-79 (Network Security) ¦ 02/05/09 ACS Result ¦ 08/05/09 175 Visa Application(Online) ¦ 29/09/09 Case Officer ¦ 09/10/09 Meds Done¦ 12/09/09 PCC’s Sent ¦ 27/10/09 Meds Finalised ¦ 09/11/09 Visa Granted!

Guest Luke Brown

Many thanks for the info.

Yes I was assuming that everything else (PCC's, Form 80's etc) have all been uploaded and that the medicals are the final thing.

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi mine were referred, others fine, but mine were finalised 17/7/09 and visa granted 27/7/09.

Good Luck!

Julie x

Guest thebeatties
Ok I know that nobody can tell me the answer to this for my particular case. All cases are different etc. However, I'm trying to build a picture of averages from those people that have had their visas granted.

I'm mainly interested in 175 or 176 visa types and for those people who did not front load medicals (so just did them when CO requested).

How long did it take between medicals showing as finalised and getting the final decision email?

My medicals were finalised on 9th November and I'm trying to work out when I might expect to hear of a final decision (ie, is the average a matter of days, weeks or months?).

What i've noticed is approx 10-14 days, we got our confirmed on the 4th November and got our magical visa on the 16th November.

Regards

176 online 15 Sept 2009, Co allocated 8th October 2009, Meds finilised 4th November, Visa granted 16th November 2009:notworthy::jiggy:

Guest Luke Brown
What i've noticed is approx 10-14 days, we got our confirmed on the 4th November and got our magical visa on the 16th November.

Regards

176 online 15 Sept 2009, Co allocated 8th October 2009, Meds finilised 4th November, Visa granted 16th November 2009:notworthy::jiggy:

Many thanks and congratulations on your visa grant yesterday!

Your meds were finalised only a few days before mine so maybe there's a chance I will hear something this week. Fingers crossed.

Guest thebeatties

Many thanks, hopefully you will get yours this week, keep in touch

Guest tomatohead

mine took a month

Hi Luke,

Mine took 2 days from finalised to a visa grant.

Hope you hear something soon,

Shaz

Guest jilkfree1978

my meds are finalised. but with the changes im looking at 2012!!

Guest Luke Brown

Summary of replies so far (in working days and only for those who are getting priorty processing - sorry jilkfree1978!)

9 days

6 days

8 days

21 days (1 month)

2 days

Average = 9.2 days

If anybody else can add anymore examples I will update the average.

Guest thebeatties
Summary of replies so far (in working days and only for those who are getting priorty processing - sorry jilkfree1978!)

9 days

6 days

8 days

21 days (1 month)

2 days

Average = 9.2 days

If anybody else can add anymore examples I will update the average.

Yours must be very close now, what time you getting up and checking your emails:biggrin:

Guest Luke Brown

I hope so. For me today was working day 7 since finalisation, checking that inbox as soon as I get up each day!

Only thing worrying me a bit is that in the online document checklist everything is still showing as required, although I understand for some people this never actually gets updated anyway.

Guest thebeatties

mine was exactly the same till that great email came through, then it all changed to approved. Dont worry it will be granted soon. When i was waiting every possible reason for not getting accepted was going through my head.

Guest WJK

Yes looks like over three years for me too :mad:

WJK

Guest Mariana

They finalised our medicals over 3 days, as my medicals and my son's were referred. I got the visa the same day medical finalised for my last son.

Good luck.

Guest Luke Brown

Got the grant email late last night - woohoo

So for me that's 8 working days from medicals finalised to grant, which seems to be about the average.

Guest juliemtaylor

well done Luke!!

Julie x

Guest thebeatties
Got the grant email late last night - woohoo

So for me that's 8 working days from medicals finalised to grant, which seems to be about the average.

Congratulations Luke, Bet you area sooooooooooooooooo happy.

Cheers:jiggy:

Excellnet news Luke, what are your plans now?

17/02/09 ACS RPL 2231-79 (Network Security) ¦ 02/05/09 ACS Result ¦ 08/05/09 175 Visa Application(Online) ¦ 29/09/09 Case Officer ¦ 09/10/09 Meds Done¦ 12/09/09 PCC’s Sent ¦ 27/10/09 Meds Finalised ¦ 09/11/09 Visa Granted!

Guest Luke Brown

yep chuffed to bits. Especially as we didn't use an agent just did it all ourselves (with lots of help from these message boards!).

Plan now is we leave in may and spend 4 months travelling from Manchester to Sydney overland. The only flight we intend to get is from Bali to darwin. It's going to be quite an adventure

Guest jbro31

Can I ask how you knew your visa was granted following the medicals, did you log into your application to check progress or receive an email etc? Interested as we have just done ours but my eldest daughter has to keep redoing her urine because it showed a small abnormality (nothing extreme, just a child going into puberty etc) but I've now had to do 3 tests because they show something different but for gods sake she is growing up it's not going to change until she stops growing so I'm finding this quite frustrating!!!

Anyway sorry to digress..... many thanks. x

Guest MatandNic

Bumping this one back up (well done Luke!).

My meds were finalised on 23rd Nov. Still waiting for a grant (please, please, please....etc.). So by my reckoning I'm at 8 working days.

[176, CSL, WA SS - meds and PCCs requested by CO in October]

yep chuffed to bits. Especially as we didn't use an agent just did it all ourselves (with lots of help from these message boards!).

Plan now is we leave in may and spend 4 months travelling from Manchester to Sydney overland. The only flight we intend to get is from Bali to darwin. It's going to be quite an adventure

Well done Luke,

We havn't used an agent either, this site has been a god send.

We had our medicals on 24/11/09.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes before they are finalised? and does that show on the status finder or will we get an email?

Melanie x

Terry(43),Melanie(42),Ciara(14),Ruairi(10)

Started to look into PR Oct 08, 175 CSL visa lodged 4/7/09. Visa granted 14/1/10, Arrived in Brisbane 24/08/10 !!!!!:jiggy:

Guest nitin21june

Hi Luke Brown,

We got our visa today. Our medicals were finalised and changed to met today only. After just one hour we got the visa grant mail. It was amazingly fast wooooooooooooooooooooh... we are so excited today..

All the best!!!