How long from medicals finalised to visa grant?

Guest Luke Brown

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shreerz

can i ask what the cut off date on your visa for entry? is it the date your medicals were finalised and the report written or when you had your tests etc?

can i ask what the cut off date on your visa for entry? is it the date your medicals were finalised and the report written or when you had your tests etc?

It will probably be from the date you did them, not date finalized. And if your PCC checks are earlier than the medicals it will be from that date. My initial entry date is a year from the date of my first (I needed two countries) PCC check.

• 1 month later...
Guest nadzzkhan

My timeline sucks.

Applied for visa: May 2008

Medicals Finalised: 9th Dec 2009

Nothing since then. How long does it take after medicals are finalized. I read on this thread, at an average 9 business days. It's been more than double.

PLEASE HELP!!! :( :'( :arghh:

Guest MatandNic

Hi,

Don't get hung up on average days after meds finalised.

I had my visa grant on 16 Dec, my meds finalised on 23 Nov. and I had a CO on 13 Oct.

MatandNic

Guest nadzzkhan

Thanks for such a quick response mate!! I appreciate it.

You're right averages don't really mean much but they do act as indicators. It's just that even if I look at your timeline, mine's still later than yours. Yours was three weeks from finalization to grant. Mine is 4 weeks and still counting :(

BTW Congrats! are you now in Oz land?

Guest MatandNic

Hi,

Don't forget that it's also going to be affected by Xmas holidays, when your CO picks up your file again plus what other checks are still taking place (no-one but your CO knows what needs to be done and threy'll contact you if they need anything).

Not in Oz yet as I want to get a job before movin. If I don't, I'll do a validation trip next year.

MatandNic

• 6 months later...
Guest Batfinktasha

CSL State sponsorship WA. Partners medicals finalised 21/6/10 mine referred and finalised 29/6/10 (although still showing referred!!!) still no news so over 3 weeks now...getting worried :-(

• 1 month later...

Hello!

any updates for you guys? my medicals were finalised last August 16. But until now, it is still referred for my hubby. and still waiting for that sweetest approval mail!

wow, that was fast! i am on CSL too. but i think with the changes now, CSL has no bearing anymore. I lodge application last Oct 2009, got CO Dec 2009. CO requested medicals July 19 2010. Then mine finalised August 16. but OH meds are still referred..

thoughts keep running on my mind.. but keep on trying to compose myself to be positive about it.. waiting.. and waiting only for APPROVAL.. wishing and praying.. :cute:

although the CSL is no more, I think if you got a CO before the changes, they must still be following up on it as a priority. If your meds are finalised, have you contacted your case officer just to follow up on it? My sisters agent was going to give it a week after finalised before calling the CO up. She reckoned it was taking up to 2 weeks for visa grants after finalised meds at the moment, and I guess she deals with a lot of applicants so would be pretty clued up on timeframes.

Sometimes they are referred just to ask the doctor about something minor, so may just take a little longer but I am sure you are not far away from getting your visa,

Good luck

Shaz

Guest milano

hi guys where can we check whether my meds are clear by MOC? mine meds were reached on 17 August, when shud i expect my meds be finalised? How long does it take to finalise the meds?

I dont think you can check with a paper application. When you apply online, you are given details to check the progress of your application on the DIAC website. Perhaps you would need to contact the CO? If you are using an agent, I'd get them to follow up.

Thanks Shaz!

yes, will be patiently waiting for it. besides it still about 8 days since my meds were finalised. My agent inquired the CO by email and no response was received yet. so still giving it time. im giving ourselves 3 weeks more. thanks again!

Guest Suz2011

Hi

My meds were finalised 20th August and got my visa approval today Yee Ha! I am sure you wont have much longer to wait. Good luck to everyone waiting patiently

Guest Suz2011
hi Suz,

Many Congratulations.. Cud u tell me when did u undergo medicals?

Got medicals done Friday 13th August in Edinbugh Suz

Guest milano
Got medicals done Friday 13th August in Edinbugh Suz

Really amazing.....you undergone medicals and finalised in just one week...:goofy:

BTW, wat visa and timeline...can u share us ur information?

Guest Suz2011
Really amazing.....you undergone medicals and finalised in just one week...:goofy:

BTW, wat visa and timeline...can u share us ur information?

I am not sure how to add my timeline but here are my details

Name: Suz2011

Date of Visa application: 7/5/2010

Nationality: Scottish

Trade/profession:Accountant

Visa type: 175 then switched to 176 20th July 2010

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): CSL

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: 19th August 2010

Police check submitted: 10th August 2010

Date CO assigned:9th June 2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable): NA

Date visa granted:25th August 2010

Suz

Guest milano
I am not sure how to add my timeline but here are my details

Name: Suz2011

Date of Visa application: 7/5/2010

Nationality: Scottish

Trade/profession:Accountant

Visa type: 175 then switched to 176 20th July 2010

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): CSL

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: 19th August 2010

Police check submitted: 10th August 2010

Date CO assigned:9th June 2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable): NA

Date visa granted:25th August 2010

Suz

Thanks for the information....I am really glad to see your Got It.....

I guess next is my turn .....:hug:

Enjoy yourself...:notworthy:

Guest milano

Hi Guys,

can anyone guide me whether we can check the progress of medicals sent to Health Operation Centre in Sydney for paperbased application? I am bit unsure as of now. But i did check it last year in March and they provided the information whether my medicals have been processed. Is that still possible now?

Archived