Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast for Tradie Work?

KangarooJack

If you lived on the bridge it would be an hour each way to each of them.

In all seriousness there was a bit in the paper a few weeks back about all the tradies up in arms that council was holding up planning when they had no work. I Work in building but more civils.

There is a floor layer in my street who reckons there is a lot of work coming up???????

So all in all i am only good for bumping this up.

I would say more work Gold Coast way or Brisbane, not much going on here on the Sunshine Coast, although there could be that one job for you, who knows

Good Luck

• 1 month later...
Guest skorps71

hi i live in the sunshine coast. and lived on the gold coast.. for a better way of life . then its the sunshine coast . but for more work then it would be the goldy and near brisbane . there are to many tradies on the sunshine coast and not enoough work as i`m a carpenter and finding it hard rite now i am thinking of moving to a place called caloundra as it is still on the sunshine coast but only 45 mins from brisbane. good thing for you to ckeck is careers.com and put in the place wre you are thinking of living oz has slowed down for work but not stopped . we are all hoping the gov opens more land so more houses can be built and work gets moving . so good luck with the choice you make mate.

Thank you all very much for your replies. They have all been very heplfull. As much as I love the Sunshine Coast, its no good living in paradise without money, So I think I will play it safe and head for the Gold Coast

Thanks again to all PS any idea of best Area for work on Goldie Please

• 4 years later...

Archived