Pickfords UK - and Allied pickfords Oz

Ratchet

Brilliant, id recommend.

They came in at the same price as all the rest of the quotes in the UK - 4 bed house with garage and garden - 20ft container = £4300 + $400 when in Oz.

You can insure as one bulk load and claim for single items which we found so much easier than doing each single item, they keep you informed, they pack well and get it across the sea safely.

The Oz side were great, full of communications and on the day of delivery 3 lads arrived at 730am and emptied a 20ft container (145 boxes and white goods)in less than an hour :err: and after they left a van turned up with more staff to help us unpack and take away any rubbish - we didnt even ask for it.

For service quality - excellent

Breakages - inevitable - 1 glass and a ornament so far

wow thats good to know- we just got our quote from Pickfords and have decided to go with them- not the cheapest but customer service so far really good and they seem to really know what they talking about ! I feel even better now I read your post thanks. Hope you settle in quick in new house. :)

If Pickfords were to offer me free removal, a new car, a new boat and a holiday home in the country I would still use another company.

I will NOT use them again - EVER

I hope you have a better experience than me but they were very late on both occasions and used every oppurtunity to charge me more money. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Brilliant, id recommend.

They came in at the same price as all the rest of the quotes in the UK - 4 bed house with garage and garden - 20ft container = £4300 + $400 when in Oz.

You can insure as one bulk load and claim for single items which we found so much easier than doing each single item, they keep you informed, they pack well and get it across the sea safely.

The Oz side were great, full of communications and on the day of delivery 3 lads arrived at 730am and emptied a 20ft container (145 boxes and white goods)in less than an hour :err: and after they left a van turned up with more staff to help us unpack and take away any rubbish - we didnt even ask for it.

For service quality - excellent

Breakages - inevitable - 1 glass and a ornament so far

Hi Ratchett, we too are using Pickfords. 3 bedroomed house plus garge and shed stuff, 242 boxes and furniture.They actually came in at the cheapest for us. Dorree Bonner wanted to charge us £3,750 for full container. John Mason were the most expensive at £3,750 for a 20'er PLUS part of another container for £680...siad we had too much stuff for one container. Pickford's came in at £3,500 then actually knocked another £250 off when we booked them. Full professional pack and how they got it all into the container I will never know, it was packed to the roof and the back doors without barely an inch to spare. It reimains to be seen whether everything arrives in tact. I will let you know. Should be here on 11th December so we are keeping our fingers crossed for having our stuff for Christmas.

Monica xx

Archived