Tripped up by the New UK ACRO Police Check

Becontree Boy

Has anyone else been caught out by the new UK ACRO Police check? It was new to me. Apparently there is now a specific check for "applicants wishing to obtain an immigration visa for Australia, Cananda, New Zealand, South Africa, or the United States of America."

My son and his partner are scheduled to visit us here in Melbourne for Christmas and needed to do full tourist visa applications because of past misdemenours.

Although they were totally upfront and honest and sent Australia House the GBP10 "traditional" police check for immigration purposes, they've now been asked to undergo a second check using the new form at http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Time is now tight so we're paying the GBP75 each for the new checks to be completed in 2 days. It's GBP35 each for a 10 day turn around.

Wish we'd known before!

Guest Guest31881
Has anyone else been caught out by the new UK ACRO Police check? It was new to me. Apparently there is now a specific check for "applicants wishing to obtain an immigration visa for Australia, Cananda, New Zealand, South Africa, or the United States of America."

My son and his partner are scheduled to visit us here in Melbourne for Christmas and needed to do full tourist visa applications because of past misdemenours.

Although they were totally upfront and honest and sent Australia House the GBP10 "traditional" police check for immigration purposes, they've now been asked to undergo a second check using the new form at http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Time is now tight so we're paying the GBP75 each for the new checks to be completed in 2 days. It's GBP35 each for a 10 day turn around.

Wish we'd known before!

I thought this ACPO police check was the standard check for Australia, I had to get one last January when i was applying for my residency visa. I had time to pay for the 10 day turn around, that takes about 14 days to arrive. (its 10 days in their hands).

The "old" police checks didn't require you supply an endorsed picture to beincluded on the certificate. Looks like some police officers haven't caught up with the new paperwork they have to issue, because they gave my son and his partner the wrong ones.

Never mind,it's just a stumble in the visa process.

Guest Guest31881
The "old" police checks didn't require you supply an endorsed picture to beincluded on the certificate. Looks like some police officers haven't caught up with the new paperwork they have to issue, because they gave my son and his partner the wrong ones.

Never mind,it's just a stumble in the visa process.

Oh well you know what they say.

'If your lost ask a policeman'

Then you will be totally lost. :jiggy:

Good luck, hope it all works out for them

Archived