HSA/Immigration Office debacle (Pros Mar SubClass 300)

Guest bigfatpom

Guest bigfatpom

Hi guys,

I've been a bit of a "lurker" of this site but this is my first post here and I’m sorry to start things off with a question.

To cut a long story short I’m currently in Adelaide on a working holiday visa.

My Fiancee is Australian and I’m due to be flying back to the UK to apply for the prospective marriage (sub class300) visa – AKA the “Fiancé/Fiancée Visa”. As many of you know this is processed offshore and I’ll be flying back to London next Tuesday to get things processed.

In an effort to speed things up we have been attempting to “front load” things as much as possible. (To which this forum has been really helpful)

However – I do have a question about the medical.

About a month ago I had my medical done HSA here in Adelaide. Before seeing them I had emailed the London immigration office about the most efficient way to process things. London told me that HSA were to send the results to the Sydney processing centre – where London could then see them online.

HOWEVER.

Once my medical was complete - HSA said this was wrong. They gave me my results in a sealed envelope and told me to take this with me to London. They could not send them to Sydney as I don’t yet have a transaction number (technically my application doesn’t start till my paperwork reaches London)

Being the doubting type I immediately rang the immigration hotline to check HSA’s answer. The guy on the phone said HSA were correct. Still remaining unconvinced I went to the immigration office in Adelaide to check this out. They again confirmed that I could take the results to London. Great.

HOWEVER (again)

Just to triple check. I emailed London again this week to check out if this was correct. Guess what – they said this was WRONG and HSA have to send the results to Sydney!!!! I should not have the results AT ALL.

I’m now inclined to “believe” London – as it will be them who process’s the application. However my concern remains – how the hell to I get them to Sydney with either.

• Them getting lost in the office
  • An administrator going “oh he doesn’t have an application yet – these forms are invalid, etc, etc”

ANY help or advice people could offer would be great!! (I’m resisting the urge to go on a big rant about people telling you different things. But I won’t. Yet)

Guest Jamie Smith

Think like a bureaucrat - you're not front loading an application if you don't have an application...

DIAC are dealing with million so bits of info coming in and out each day, so I personally wouldn't send anything anywhere without having a file number for the recipient to tag it to, so get an application in first I think.

Otherwise they'll have no way of coding your info for later retrieval and they WILL get lost in someone's office.

I've read posts here from people who have taken their 300/309 application in-person to Australia House in London. If you have your medical results right there with you, why not pop in and hand these along with the rest of your application when you arrive back in the UK? Surely these should be just as valid as those done in the UK.

If you haven't already done so, I'd ring (or ask a family member to do so) the embassy in London and ask them if it will be acceptable. Else why not find out if you can apply via the Australian embassy in Auckland, New Zealand? A quick e-mail or phone call to them will tell you whether you may do so and they were perfectly happy to accept my medical results by hand last month.

Best of luck and congratulations on your engagement :smile:

BFP I think you've been answered on another forum. Jamie any medicals done onshore generate an electronic record as well as the hard copy, and the electronic record will be fine in this case. Your advice, while helpful, was on this occasion misconceived :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Glad to hear that he's already had this clarified.:smile:

Guest bigfatpom
BFP I think you've been answered on another forum. Jamie any medicals done onshore generate an electronic record as well as the hard copy, and the electronic record will be fine in this case. Your advice, while helpful, was on this occasion misconceived :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

Interestingly I managed to get through to the HOC Centre in Sydney. As you say by using HSA meant that an electronic record was generated that all DIAC officers can look at.

Oddly enough though the woman I spoke to said that system was still showing "results pending" so asked me to send the hard copy results to her. These would then go on the system, and would be ready for checking by DIAC officers in London

She assured me that as long as I used her name and the client id she gave me on the envelope things wouldnt disapear into the ether . She also advised me to inform London of this when I post the remaining paperwork to them.

Sound plausible?

My only concern would be that HSA have stuffed up somewhere and the finished all the results. Will give them a call I think!

Sorry for coming across as the paranoid type. This is really the only remaining bit of paperwork to sort and then we are "good to go". (Apart from any potential AOS :confused:)

And thanks so much to everyone else for the help. It's all really appreciated :biggrin:

BFP

Guest Jamie Smith

Another good reason for me NOT to become an agent!

I still wouldn't compeltely trust a case officer to remeber to access the other system to retrieve the medical record. I'd get a proper file number first, but that's just me.:cute:

Guest wanderer

So George,

BFP I think you've been answered on another forum. Jamie any medicals done onshore generate an electronic record as well as the hard copy, and the electronic record will be fine in this case

BFP now has a Client ID No. courtesy of the HOC call but before doing that what the electronic record be registered against?

Do they do it on Passport Country/Number and name as well as a TRN?

I know there's words on the web site re not being given medical results and that MOCs will forward them on and to that extent the London advice is correct.

At the same time many people post about frontloading their medical and police checks, and that could mean a number of things as to just what process they follow.

I'd suppose a MOC acting in accordance with regs would not hand them over to an applicant or potential applicant.

A bit of a mystery as to why a HSA MOC would, perhaps someone there just not totally familiar with correct procedure.

Archived