Fly out for good on Thursday!!! yippee

Guest ashmalog

Guest ashmalog

sorry not been on for a while but it is hell not having any phone or internet connection. things with the house have finally sorted themselves out and we were able to book our flights yesterday!! Cannot wait to land in melbourne and think we will not have to get on a plane to return!!!!

boys really excited now and as the last of our belongings are packed into suitcases we think back to the last 3 months and the stress of selling the house. considering they wanted a quick sale it has taken 3 months!!!!

I will write an arrival report when i get internet access the other end.

good luck to all of you still going through the process and selling houses. It willhappen one day, we applied for our visa 15months ago and now we are finally there but it has taken 22months in total.

all the best

Bonnie and family x

Guest guest33730

Bonnie

Thats great news - it's always good to hear from people at different stages of the journey!!

Just make sure you're not one of those people who before they go say what a dream it is to be going etc and then when they get there tell us all the rubbish stuff & how great things were back in Blighty!! - all the best!!

Hi Bonnie and Family

Good bye and good luck - look forward to hearing the arrival feedback as we are heading for Melbourne as soon as house sold/win the lottery!!! Hope all goes well for you as you start a new adventure - weather is looking good for Melbourne (25 celsius according to papers), summer on its way, Xmas BBQ etc. Sorry feeling green with envy now!!

Take care

Kind regards

Karen

Guest paulacox

Hi Bonnie

Good luck, let us know how you get on, can I asked you did you get your flights cheaper by booking so close to your leaving date.

Paula

Guest ashmalog
HI there, good for you! Where in Melbourne will you be living?

Karen (38) Stuart (42) Elliott (11) Harry (9)

looking at east side around berwick, narre warren south area. went there in june to validate visas and thought they were lovely places. got 3 boys so need something close to a small town.

booked flights at last minute, got a good deal with emirates - 5 of us for 2788. although i am worrying about the ticket on departure thing, just hope we get to airport and they are there waiting for us!!

dont worry i know it is the start of a dream but i will be realistic and optimistic with my arrival report - just loved the place and hated coming back to uk but i go with an open mind. just want the kids to settle.

all the best to you all.

Guest livvygirl99

Hi Guy's,

Know how you feel we are off to Sydney tomorrow and just can't explain how it feels. I hope you all get sorted out quickly and let us know how you get on.:hug:

Guest The Pom Queen

Bonnie

Great news, it will be great to have you back, it doesn't seem two minutes ago since you were last here, I bet it feels a lifetime to you. Hope you are all packed.

Have a safe journey and hopefully see you very soon.

Kate

Guest The Pom Queen
Lucky, lucky, lucky........what else can we say?????

All the best and hopefully we too will be putting in these count down comments before too long!!!!

You will Karen, just hang in there. Hope the exams went well.

Kate:wubclub:

You will Karen, just hang in there. Hope the exams went well.

Kate:wubclub:

Thanks Kate! The exams went pretty well although don't want to count chickens!! Now all we need to do is sell the house, luckily should be in the position to rent early next year - so fingers crossed can keep that date with the school!!!

Guest barney1450
Bonnie

Thats great news - it's always good to hear from people at different stages of the journey!!

Just make sure you're not one of those people who before they go say what a dream it is to be going etc and then when they get there tell us all the rubbish stuff & how great things were back in Blighty!! - all the best!!

Hi all

Good luck for your new life in Aus, I bet you on cloud nine and cant wait for you all to land. Do you have accomodation and work lined up for when you get there. I land in Melbourne on the 1st February 2010 on a one way ticket. The months are flying by and have the removals picking everything up Wednesday to ship to my friends house. I was fortunate to have sold my house two years ago, and have been living with my sis since.

Anyway enough about me and have a safe journey and once again good luck

Tonia xxxx

sorry not been on for a while but it is hell not having any phone or internet connection. things with the house have finally sorted themselves out and we were able to book our flights yesterday!! Cannot wait to land in melbourne and think we will not have to get on a plane to return!!!!

boys really excited now and as the last of our belongings are packed into suitcases we think back to the last 3 months and the stress of selling the house. considering they wanted a quick sale it has taken 3 months!!!!

good luck to all of you still going through the process and selling houses. It willhappen one day, we applied for our visa 15months ago and now we are finally there but it has taken 22months in total.

all the best

Bonnie and family x

many congratulations and the very best of luck with your move keep us updated

we waited 2 years for visa to be granted and as soon as the house sells we shall be there either perth or melbourne !!!! GOOD LUCK xxxxxxx

Guest AussiePool

Off to Melbourne? Crikey, you'll have a shock with the weather. Four seasons in one day in Melbourne. Can get hot in the day time (40 degrees) but ALWAYS cools down at night (Summertime only). Rest of the year, no better than UK. Cold, wet and windy. Faceless city with too many people in it.

BTW, I am biased of course living in Queensland. The best state...The ONLY state.

Best of luck to you, hope it all works out well. Don't forget to pack plenty of jumpers!

Guest gilly88

Congratulations Bonnie at least you got there in the end. Hope your flight goes well and you all settle quickly keep in touch Gilly

Guest ashmalog
Hi Bonnie

Thats great news for you all!!!!!

We've been in Melbourne now for 3 weeks and it's been a rollercoaster ride already!

Maybe catch up in a few weeks.

Have a good flight.

Jackie :)

wow cant believe ur there before us!!

where abouts ru? will let you know when we settle. will be in pakenham upper for about 3 wks until arrange rental. looking at narre south.

speak soon

bonnie

Guest ashmalog
Good Luck Bonnie

Have a great flight, look forward to hearing your arrival report,

So so envious.... lol

Best Wishes

Claire x

you will get there soon. just keep thinking ahead and it will soon be here.

x

Guest dougie32

Good luck! I have got four weeks left and got so many family events. Can't take much more of this emotional rollercoaster just want to go now cheers joe

612148[/size]]wow cant believe ur there before us!!

where abouts ru? will let you know when we settle. will be in pakenham upper for about 3 wks until arrange rental. looking at narre south.

speak soon

bonnie

We are currently in Highett in holiday rental on sunday moving to Seaford which is holiday rental, we're doing our own tour of Melbourne at the moment!!!!

Have a really safe journey x x x x:cute:

Archived