So Much For the Lucky Country

Guest guest30038

Kev:hug:I have just woken up, I feel gutted, I think you have stunned everyone.You have have contributed so much on PIO and been a wonderful support for so many, making me cry with laughter, sitting up and looking at the seriousness of your posts on occasions, the most exquisite photography, your a person of so many talents and as others have said a great husband and father (and friend)., as my father would say " your a good egg"!! This morning isnt the same without seeing your name in the top right hand box, conniving up some scullduggery and if your reading this I have pmd you. Come back to us when your ready Kev. Much love and hugs:hug:

Thank You Siamsusie, you have a wonderful way with words and your post was exactly how I would have liked to have put my thoughts into words but not good at all like that:-))

Take Care Kev, we are all thinking of you and this morning I still feel so very shocked and gutted for you,look after your boys, God Bless

Laney xxxx

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AndyandYvonneD

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know, Kev has been down here for a brew this morning. He would like to say a massive thank you to you all for your replies. We are going to support him in everyway we can and I'm sure it wont be long before he is back on here to thank you all himself.

Thank you all again and we will pass on any messages to him.

Yvonne & Andy xx

Guest siamsusie
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know, Kev has been down here for a brew this morning. He would like to say a massive thank you to you all for your replies. We are going to support him in everyway we can and I'm sure it wont be long before he is back on here to thank you all himself.

Thank you all again and we will pass on any messages to him.

Yvonne & Andy xx

I was thinking about you guys this morning after reading Kev's post and I am so pleased he is with you guys. Give him my love and a huge hug Yvonne and Andy, we are all gunning for him:hug: ss xx

Guest Coolcat

Hope you dont mind but sent you a Pm,...know that havent been posting on here for long but thoughts are with you and hope you work things out..x

Guest Coolcat

Just wanted to add that I am a nurse and have been the only one to secure a job here this past year as my husband has found it difficult to find work.

Even though I am the only one working I would have been lost without my husbands support in looking after my son and the house. I have also been studying during this time.

I think it is easy to get so wrapped up in your career and forget why you emigrated to this lovely country in the first place.

Me personally it was for a better quality of life with my family as I was always tired and really unsocialable when I finished work and was definately not good company for anyone..!!!

Now although I am the only one working, life is still better here if anything I really feel for my poor husband who must be so fed up right now because he cant find any work.

What this post is about is that partners of the unemployed maybe just need to spare a thought of how their other half must be feeling right now, worthless, or a feeling of failing. Afterall my husband left an excellent job back in UK.

What you need to remember is without yr partner doing the childcare bit and looking after the house, You would find it more difficult to go to work and earn the rent money...!!!!! so you would be lost without them. Its a team effort..!!!!!!!!!

Ok thats my contribution will get off my soap box get some sun now as its my day off...

Guest guest17301
Two sides to every coin ppl... I doubt if we will hear the case for the defense here..

Just a thought..

What a thoughtless post...we're not here for Bridget, we're here for Kev. Just like we would be for you if the boot was on the other foot.

Guest The Pom Queen

Kev

I am really sorry to hear this, you must be going through so much at the moment. Is there anyone local you can chat with? Would she consider marriage counselling?

Big big hugs:hug:

Kate

Guest JoanneHattersley

Kev, you have loads of support here and I will add to that and say you know where we all are.

PM for a chat anytime

Guest siamsusie
Two sides to every coin ppl... I doubt if we will hear the case for the defense here..

Just a thought..

No one is judging Aldo, I think all members are showing a sign of love and appreciation of a much valued member who has contributed a lot to the forum, who just happens to be going through a very rough time in his life.

For me you have shown your very true colours , you are to be pitied!!

Just a thought..

A family is going through a crisis. Kev has had the courage to post this and people are supporting that. There are obviously lots of similar stories, but an outsider is in no position to judge any of them.

'There but for the grace of God go I.' is the saying.

Not surprised by your post at all.

So sorry to read your post Kev. You make us laugh so much with your posts, you have a great sense of humour and I love your photographs. Don't even know you but you come across as being a wonderful, funny and caring Dad and I really hope things work out for you.

Mandy x

Hi Kev,

I have to say that there's a role reversal here, you're doing what most women do on a daily basis, the feeling of being nothing but a babysitter, cleaner and cook and there's not many men that would give up so much of their lives to allow their wife to do what they want to do.

She's even got the seperation to her advantage so she can still do her job, when you seperate and have children you have to make sacrifices..i.e work around the children and arrange the care not use your husband for as long as you want...aghh she's made me sooo angry I gave up everything when I split from my ex and I ended up on Income support with my twins because I was a mother and also I couldn't afford to work!!

I think she needs to get head out of her arse and realise how bloody lucky she is !!

I really hope everything works out for you,

Take care,

Lynne xx

Guest guest17301
Hi Kev,

I have to say that there's a role reversal here, you're doing what most women do on a daily basis, the feeling of being nothing but a babysitter, cleaner and cook and there's not many men that would give up so much of their lives to allow their wife to do what they want to do.

She's even got the seperation to her advantage so she can still do her job, when you seperate and have children you have to make sacrifices..i.e work around the children and arrange the care not use your husband for as long as you want...aghh she's made me sooo angry I gave up everything when I split from my ex and I ended up on Income support with my twins because I was a mother and also I couldn't afford to work!!

I think she needs to get head out of her arse and realise how bloody lucky she is !!

I really hope everything works out for you,

Take care,

Lynne xx

Our situation was similar to Bridget and Kevs when we first arrived. I'm a nurse and we decided my husband would stay at home with the kids at least for the first few months in Australia. I seem to recall Kev giving me some good advice about thinking about Petes feelings (not having a job and being at home all day) It was good advice, luckily my husband found full time work recently. To do it long term takes strength of mind and character especially for a bloke! It's hard whatever sex you are to be the one who stays at home, I know I couldn't be a full time stay at home mum. My hubby had had enough after 6 months. He did a grand job though in the 6 months he was a full time Dad just as I'm sure Kev does. Role reversal is never easy but just remember putting your all into your job is 100 times easier when there's a supportive partner at home keeping it all together. Marriage is a partnership, as soon as one partner takes the other for granted trouble is not far away.

Whatever happens to Kev and his wife I hope it's not too traumatic for all parties, kids included. Kev knows he has some great support on here. Good on him for writing it down and getting it 'out there'...I hope he manages to come to some sort of peace with his wife.

Kev...whatever the outcome, some of the blokes on here Pabs/Geoffrey have offered great advice. You may well look back on this time as a turning point in your life....best of luck for the times ahead...:hug:

Guest Working to fish

Kev

thank you for such a thread ,must have been hard to say.

You have given me the guts to say also there must be some thing in the wind mate.

I have also separated,two weeks ago (fork the people we know on here were going to find out sooner or later so there you go ,you now know.

14 year olds are not that easy to bring to oz .

Kev i take my hat off to you.

eddie

Just a thought..

Very empathic I have to say Aldo. This isn't about taking sides but providing some support to someone who is obviously hurting.

Kev

You have given me the guts to say also there must be some thing in the wind mate.

I have also separated,two weeks ago (fork the people we know on here were going to find out sooner or later so there you go ,you now know.

eddie

Sorry to hear that Eddie ... :hug:

Kev

eddie

All the best, Eddie.:hug:

Sue x

Kev

eddie

ahhh eddie that sucks!!!! if you want to come hangout and drink lots of beer i'm here for you!!

Guest The Pom Queen

Eddie so sorry to hear your news, let's hope it is just the weather and your OH come to their senses soon.

Kate

Kev

eddie

I'm really sorry to hear this, I hope getting some sort of support through this thread.

Take care,

Lynne xx

Guest Magnetic6

Eddie

So sorry to hear your news, hopefully you and Kev might get some support from each other.I think it really helps when you know somebody going through the same thing.

Take care:hug:

Natalie x

Archived