Pickfords are here!!

Guest dougie32

Guest dougie32

Oh my! Furniture is getting packed. The removals are doing an excellent job. Very excited today! Yesterday i was teary. Don't know what were going to do got no chairs table settee etc. Got one tv so not too bad. My son doesn't know how he will cope without his x box and wii, it will do him good, told him we will play traditional board games just pulled a face at me. Anyway need to make more tea for them cheers joe

Guest guest33730
Oh my! Furniture is getting packed. The removals are doing an excellent job. Very excited today! Yesterday i was teary. Don't know what were going to do got no chairs table settee etc. Got one tv so not too bad. My son doesn't know how he will cope without his x box and wii, it will do him good, told him we will play traditional board games just pulled a face at me. Anyway need to make more tea for them cheers joe

It's threads like this that make PIO - all of us are on different journeys but with the same (or similar) goal in mind. I love reading threads and posts from people ahead of us, knowing that will be us in a few months (please God).

All the best with your move & thanks again for the post!!

Daniel

Guest dougie32

PICKFORDS CREW HAVE NOW AL GONE. VERY GOOD WOULD RECOMMEND TO ALL IN NORTH WEST. KEPT MATTRESS BACK, WILL BUY NEW ONES AT IKEA IN PERTH. WE ARE ALL EXAUSTED. HOUSE ECHOS, VERY STRANGE. DOG GOES IN 18 DAYS, WE ARE GOING A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER. JUST HAD CHIPPY DINNER ON GARDEN CHAIRS IN LIVING ROOM. THREE WEEKS LEFT AT WORK. HUSBAND SELF EMPLOYED SO ALREADY STOPPED WORK. SO MUCH TO DO ON A DAILY BASIS, ITS UNREAL. WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAPER TO TRAIN AS A SOLICITOR THE AMOUNT OF PAPERS WE HAVE HAD CERTIFIED. WE ARE ALL VERY EXCITED ABOUT GOING THOUGH. ANY ONE ELSE USING A PACK OF POST IT NOTES A DAY. MY HUSBAND IS VERY ORGANISED. SO ALL THINGS SORTED. ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK HIM.

CHEERS JO AND JAMES, OFF TO CLARKSON.:eek::biglaugh:

Guest guest33730
PICKFORDS CREW HAVE NOW AL GONE. VERY GOOD WOULD RECOMMEND TO ALL IN NORTH WEST. KEPT MATTRESS BACK, WILL BUY NEW ONES AT IKEA IN PERTH. WE ARE ALL EXAUSTED. HOUSE ECHOS, VERY STRANGE. DOG GOES IN 18 DAYS, WE ARE GOING A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER. JUST HAD CHIPPY DINNER ON GARDEN CHAIRS IN LIVING ROOM. THREE WEEKS LEFT AT WORK. HUSBAND SELF EMPLOYED SO ALREADY STOPPED WORK. SO MUCH TO DO ON A DAILY BASIS, ITS UNREAL. WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAPER TO TRAIN AS A SOLICITOR THE AMOUNT OF PAPERS WE HAVE HAD CERTIFIED. WE ARE ALL VERY EXCITED ABOUT GOING THOUGH. ANY ONE ELSE USING A PACK OF POST IT NOTES A DAY. MY HUSBAND IS VERY ORGANISED. SO ALL THINGS SORTED. ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK HIM.

CHEERS JO AND JAMES, OFF TO CLARKSON.:eek::biglaugh:

Quick question, Whats the price of shipping a dog at the moment??

Guest dougie32
quick question, whats the price of shipping a dog at the moment??

2759 pounds plus blood test 250 pounds, plus quarantine in perth around 600 pounds. We have a german shepherd so he is a big dog, smaller dogs are slightly less. Guess he will be travelling in first class while were all in coach lol cheers joe

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking, how much were you quote for the removals. I'm getting quotes at the moment and it would good to know if the one's i've got so far are about right.

Good Luck with the move, Lynne

It's so exciting ......finding out how everyone copes when they are off to the other side of the world and they are a bit ahead of you...it makes you start thinking, right I really must get on and thrown a few things out!!!or get a skip to put it in!!! Good luck Joe and James....keep us posted and I really look forward to catching up with you all in Perth when we arrive in April.....take care Louise

Guest dougie32

hi we had 650 cubic feet in our own container which cost £3228 we had other quotes but we were impressed by one of their colleagues who came round. The chap also rang us up to see if we had any queries before going ahead. He was also an Ozzie which helped. They were excellent at packing everything up , very proffessional so impressed gave them a tip cheers joe

Guest dougie32

hI we are from Liverpool and have rented a place of Celebration Drive. Thankgoodness for this website it has kept me sane cheers joe x

hI we are from Liverpool and have rented a place of Celebration Drive. Thankgoodness for this website it has kept me sane cheers joe x

great gym on the road , is it no 69 we were goin to rent it but chose a gaffe at mindarie as it was 40 bucks cheaper as we are building in brighton (too bloomin quick ) is it furnished

Guest dougie32

Hooray found someone to rent out our house to. They are moving in week Monday, so we all five of us are going to stay in my Mum & Dads two bed house. Sure it will be fun. Getting used to no furniture in the house, missing the old microwave which are a godsend with kids! Just got three weeks left in work hooray nearly there !! cheers joe

Guest dougie32

Hi got quotes of between 3000 to 3650. Did a bit of bartering and got quotes down by £200. Went with pickfords. They were very good and paid 3228 in total. Container went on ship at tilbury less than 24 hours after leaving us in liverpool. Cheers james.

Guest elaineyc

Hi dougie32

Hope it all goes well for the big move. It is quite scary at this stage of things eh?

I am now going to ask pickfords for a quote too as its always good to hear positive things about a company.

I had quote of £3200 for a 20ft container, (shared) with Doree Bonner. Guy who came out was lovely but not sure about the shared container!

We move out our house on the 18th Dec and hope to book flights for around 28th Dec, get one last xmas with the family! Not booked anything yet as trying to get folk buying our house to sign the missives, scared that they could drop us in the s..t!!

Headin to the Gold coast and sooo excited.

Good luck once again.

elaineyc

Guest guest33730
Hi dougie32

Hope it all goes well for the big move. It is quite scary at this stage of things eh?

I am now going to ask pickfords for a quote too as its always good to hear positive things about a company.

I had quote of £3200 for a 20ft container, (shared) with Doree Bonner. Guy who came out was lovely but not sure about the shared container!

We move out our house on the 18th Dec and hope to book flights for around 28th Dec, get one last xmas with the family! Not booked anything yet as trying to get folk buying our house to sign the missives, scared that they could drop us in the s..t!!

Headin to the Gold coast and sooo excited.

Good luck once again.

elaineyc

Elaineyc

Keep us posted how you get on with Pickfords please - I will be getting them to quote for me next year and would be interested to know their price as I'm only down the M8 from you!! - Tip with Pickfords by the way - they never like to be beaten on price, don't tell them your quote at first but let them know you have other prices - then if they are not the cheapest show them your cheaper quote & they should beat it.

Daniel

Guest elaineyc

Hi Daniel,

Yeh no problem,will let you know and thanks for the tip. Just waiting on them getting back to me with a time to do our quote. Where/when are you heading?

elaineyc

Guest elaineyc

Sorry daniel, i'm a dope.

just noticed along bottom of your post your going to adelaide june 10.

head is so full of mince, i don't know whether i'm coming or going. hee hee.

elaineyc

Archived