where in queensland has acerage propertys that are close to shops schools ect

taylah

Hello, Im sharon, I have two children age 8 & 13 and my husband is a mechanical fitter.

We live in perth at the moment but would love to live a greener life with acerage and start a business with our own log cabin holiday lets and have a sort of farm stay lifestyle.

The only problem is out daughter doesnt want to leave perth as she has made so many friends in the 2yrs we have been here, so we need to be somewhere that has pleanty of things around us, shops schools activities ect.

we dont have a massive budget in fact we have quite a small one :wacko: but as long as the land is big enough to do what we want we are not too bothered about the state of the house as we are both pretty handy.

any ideas would be great

thanks sharon

Guest jak2503
Hello, Im sharon, I have two children age 8 & 13 and my husband is a mechanical fitter.

We live in perth at the moment but would love to live a greener life with acerage and start a business with our own log cabin holiday lets and have a sort of farm stay lifestyle.

The only problem is out daughter doesnt want to leave perth as she has made so many friends in the 2yrs we have been here, so we need to be somewhere that has pleanty of things around us, shops schools activities ect.

we dont have a massive budget in fact we have quite a small one :wacko: but as long as the land is big enough to do what we want we are not too bothered about the state of the house as we are both pretty handy.

any ideas would be great

thanks sharon

hi

you will struggle to get acreage in queensland on a small budget, if you do it will be in the arse end of knowwhere, there is land about but it comes at a premium and if your daughter wants a social life she will want to be near a city, most of the land plots are baught up and developed, you might fair better in central queensland but im not sure, i can only speak about brissy.

jay

Hi Sharon

One thing to bear in mind is the council who cover whatever area you are looking at. Last year we had numerous meetings with our local council as we had a similar idea to yourselves, unfortunately every option we threw at them was a no-go.

Have you looked around the Tweed area? Because it is relatively near to the touristy bit of the coast you would have more chance of getting planning permission to do a cabin/caravan park/ hobby farm. As the poster above also said central queensland or the top end of the sunny coast would be your best bet i think.

Cal x

any ideas would be great

thanks sharon

As Cal has said, the planning issue is a real problem. You can buy acreage......but you may not be allowed to put additional dwellings onto it. I am sure it's possible in some areas, but you would need to research this very carefully.

Unfortunately, land near larger cities does tend to be expensive.

Good luck, I hope you "sea" change works out.

Love

Rudi

x

Hi all thank you for your replies, we will have a look around and see what we think, maybe we are being unrealistic but there must be a way to get the lifestyle change that we are looking for. we might just have to look further afield.

best wishes

sharon

Guest grandmemory

Hello Sharon,

Have you looked around the Cairns area? Specifically....Gordonvale (goldsborough valley), Redlynch (land more expensive), Atherton Tablelands. All within easy reach of schools, shops and activities for teens/or younger. Planning permission to put up cabins is tricky but not impossible. Look on realestate.com.au land for sale. Also check Cairns Post on line adverts for land sales. Best of luck with your search.

Hello Sharon,

Have you looked around the Cairns area? Specifically....Gordonvale (goldsborough valley), Redlynch (land more expensive), Atherton Tablelands. All within easy reach of schools, shops and activities for teens/or younger. Planning permission to put up cabins is tricky but not impossible. Look on realestate.com.au land for sale. Also check Cairns Post on line adverts for land sales. Best of luck with your search.

Thank you so much for your response, I will definitly look into the ares you have suggested

Guest Bob Tonnor

If you look on locationlowdown.com you should be able to find acerage and also find out where it is relative to shops, schools, banks pretty much all you need to know about where you want to live, theres also a section on the law surrounding property on there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest irishgal

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me. Myself and my partner, Niall are hoping to move to Australia late 2010 and need some help in deciding where to live. His bro lives in Perth but we are not completely sure if we want to live in perth. There seems to be alot more to do in Queensland or NSW. I have a degree in chemistry and work as a lab technician in a pharmaceutical company and niall has a degree in information technology. We have a dog too called Bella who we hope to bring out as soon as we get settled and find a nice safe area for us all to live. We would love an area that is safe and close enough to the beach, maybe max 45 mins to an hour away at most. Also we would like to find a nice house, preferably with a swimming pool and definitely with a bit of land, maybe an acre or so would be nice for Bella to run around. We live in the country in ireland so are use to living in the sticks but as i read some of the different posts i believe that the country in Oz is way different to the country in ireland. We will def rent for a while before deciding on buying or building and if anyone has any suggestions whether to build or buy too that would be great. We were looking at jimboomba but somebody said that the drought there is bad and also looking at tallebudgera but that person said also that that area is known as Crime central. I know we will always get a difference of opinions but maybe people who have recently moved out to Oz and to really nice areas could suggest something for us. Thank you so much in advance. Irish gal x

Guest irishgal

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me. Myself and my partner, Niall are hoping to move to Australia late 2010 and need some help in deciding where to live. His bro lives in Perth but we are not completely sure if we want to live in perth. There seems to be alot more to do in Queensland or NSW. I have a degree in chemistry and work as a lab technician in a pharmaceutical company and niall has a degree in information technology. We have a dog too called Bella who we hope to bring out as soon as we get settled and find a nice safe area for us all to live. We would love an area that is safe and close enough to the beach, maybe max 45 mins to an hour away at most. Also we would like to find a nice house, preferably with a swimming pool and definitely with a bit of land, maybe an acre or so would be nice for Bella to run around. We live in the country in ireland so are use to living in the sticks but as i read some of the different posts i believe that the country in Oz is way different to the country in ireland. We will def rent for a while before deciding on buying or building and if anyone has any suggestions whether to build or buy too that would be great. We were looking at jimboomba but somebody said that the drought there is bad and also looking at tallebudgera but that person said also that that area is known as Crime central. I know we will always get a difference of opinions but maybe people who have recently moved out to Oz and to really nice areas could suggest something for us. Thank you so much in advance. Irish gal x

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi Sharon,

In terms of council laws etc Cal n Gary know the ins and outs but in terms of living on acreage on the Gold Coast, Springbrook, has similar properties with log cabins etc and near Mount Tamborine, or for just a house on acreage you need to look the other side of the Pacific motorway, so Bonogin, Worongary, Tallai, Tallai has some fantastic properties but also many that seem a bit run down, then spreading northwards, the back way of Nerang near Mount Tamborine may be an option, Pacific Pines is all new development so you would need to look a lot further inland, which can be a fair way out.

Liz

Hi Sharon,

I was interested to read your email this morning. My name is Cherie and I live with my husband and two boys here in N.Q. (1hr South of Cairns). We're looking to move down South Queensland where my family live and have a wonderful property (21/2 acres) with a pole/stone home on it for sale. It sounds like we might have what you're looking for, we're 10mins out of Innisfail town (work, school, shops etc) we have 1acre of rainforest and a dam etc (perfect farmstay) and our price is a lot less than a pole home elsewhere because we're not right in town. If you want to contact us about our property or to find out more about this beautiful area then you can send me an email by clicking on my username. : visit ; Sell your home privately and list for free. Sell your land privately. ID No 500211

Cheers,

Cherie.

Guest Maverick
Hi everyone,

Hello Irish Gal,

I live and work on the Gold Coast in QLD but almost anywhere in QLD will put you within 45 minutes of a beach, except Jimboomba! If you decide to look in QLD, Brisbane would probably be the area you'd most easily find work as professionals. There are many wonderful places within an easy commute to Brisbane including Redcliffe, Raby Bay, Cleveland, and up and down the Gold Coast.

Probably the most important criteria besides the proximity to the beach will be price.

Leni

Archived