Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Iknwcb... Sat outside school and its spitting

Well to be honest it's absolutely chucking it down

So glad summer has ended lol

...IS My Life a Dream? - If It Is I Don't Want to Wake Up...

Iknwcb... Sat outside school and its spitting

Well to be honest it's absolutely chucking it down

So glad summer has ended lol

2 more weeks and you'll be saying "role on summer".

IKNOWC but I'm having mixed feelings about next week. Hopefully will be beginning a Uni course--that and managing the kids can be stressful. Hoping for an extra dose of patience and strength.

Don't judge even if you've walked a mile in their shoes. They haven't walked in yours yet!

Guest guest30085
IKNOWC but I'm having mixed feelings about next week. Hopefully will be beginning a Uni course--that and managing the kids can be stressful. Hoping for an extra dose of patience and strength.

Plan! Plan out your diary in blocks of time which you can devote to Uni Work, Housework, Children and various activities.

Then throw it away as it never happens . . . ;)

No, seriously you can and will manage, I've done 4 years now of Uni, running a small business and raising a Mini Me, bloody hard work but you will get through it. Best of luck with the course, what area will you be studying?

P.S. Be prepared for getting up at 4am to prepare a presentation for Uni, a bit like me today :(

Ha! Adonna you give me hope. I'll be doing a masters in Infection and Immunity. Just to wet my toes so to speak--my ultimate dream is to do research that will bring some sense in the management of autoimmune conditions and other similar self inflicted conditions. Wish me luck:biggrin:.

Don't judge even if you've walked a mile in their shoes. They haven't walked in yours yet!

Guest guest30085
Ha! Adonna you give me hope. I'll be doing a masters in Infection and Immunity. Just to wet my toes so to speak--my ultimate dream is to do research that will bring some sense in the management of autoimmune conditions and other similar self inflicted conditions. Wish me luck:biggrin:.

Sounds an interesting course, although possibly demanding. I'm just finishing Masters also, but full time attendance, with hindsight I think I would have chosen distance learning, purely down to time and travelling distance to Uni.

Im sure you will do well, let me know how you get on x

Sounds an interesting course, although possibly demanding. I'm just finishing Masters also, but full time attendance, with hindsight I think I would have chosen distance learning, purely down to time and travelling distance to Uni.

Im sure you will do well, let me know how you get on x

sure will do. Whats your masters in? My course is also supposed to be full time but i am planning to take it part time at least in the first sem.

knack to nightshift is to make an effort to do everything a little bit slower, walk move everything.

it means the 4 oclock wall, moves til more like 5.30, and usually the sun is up then, and you'll get a second wind.

be careful driving though, its so easy to nod off sat in a warm car!

Chicken, gave me a bad coupon.

2 more weeks and you'll be saying "role on summer".

I love the winters here

It's been very humid here recently

...IS My Life a Dream? - If It Is I Don't Want to Wake Up...

Wow this thread is epic... more than 3 years and still going strong.. what was it about originally? football? something about motherwell and celtic? what about Hibs? LOL

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." :biggrin:

I think people who study and be a parent to young children are absolutely amazing!

A friend of mine is working full time, breastfeeding, doing a masters and looking after 2 children, she also does all the housework and drives her husband and his parents about everywhere as she is the only one in the family who drives. amazing. Good luck studiers x

I know no one will care but :

working in the garden this morning the sun was out and I could smell spring ... it does smell so different than summer ...

Dave got a new job, its nightshift though. Going to be so weird!

great news he has a job ... nightshift ... Plus side ... bed to yourself ... no snoring ... negative side ... you will have to be very quiet when he sleeps it off ...

knack to nightshift is to make an effort to do everything a little bit slower, walk move everything.

it means the 4 oclock wall, moves til more like 5.30, and usually the sun is up then, and you'll get a second wind.

be careful driving though, its so easy to nod off sat in a warm car!

Im sure he'll get used to it eventually but it'll be weird at first. Least the motorways should be a lot quieter. The positive for me is that he'll always be there for the dogs so i can look much further for jobs now. Negative is we would hardly see each other. Never mind - needs must!

great news he has a job ... nightshift ... Plus side ... bed to yourself ... no snoring ... negative side ... you will have to be very quiet when he sleeps it off ...

He was still working, his employer took him back on after 3 days lol but things are very quiet and slow, losing contracts etc so hes jumping ship before it sinks!

Yeah least ill have a empty bed - he can snore all he wants during the day!

absence makes the heart grow fonder Stacey. And true, mr ww is on night shift at the moment and I can hear his snoring despite 2 doors and a set of stairs. I love getting the bed to myself. But I do hardly see him, just at dinner pretty much but that's fine.

Sorry to hear that stace, keep trying!

Good news on dave getting a job tho

Thanks! I think im going to have to get someone to make me a fake CV lol

why ???

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Its a shame Stacey and of course it'll get you down but there are so many people applying for each job just now you can't take it personally. Any news on the uni courses?