Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

7 minutes ago, Blue Manna said:

Of course. The sheep.

Bloody hell.  I always thought it was just a joke, the way we'd have a laugh about Teuchters and their funny ways.  Turns out it's actually a bloody thing...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/man-tried-to-have-sex-with-sheep-crown/YYTCDFRRCDUYNPMZQJZSXUJKVI/

Software Engineer by trade.  Gardener by heart.

8 hours ago, BendigoBoy said:

Bloody hell.  I always thought it was just a joke, the way we'd have a laugh about Teuchters and their funny ways.  Turns out it's actually a bloody thing...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/man-tried-to-have-sex-with-sheep-crown/YYTCDFRRCDUYNPMZQJZSXUJKVI/

That reminds me of joke I once heard...

A man is marooned on a desert island. After a while he begins to get lonely and starts thinking about his girlfriend back home. The only other animal on the island is a sheep. A rather attractive sheep, mind you. As time passes he begins to think more and more about the sheep. One day he decides, all right, I'm going to give it a go - but the sheep plays hard to get. Every time he gets close to the sheep it just runs away. Finally, he corners the sheep at the edge of a cliff. The sheep knows it's luck has run out, but then he looks down and sees a beautiful woman struggling in the surf. He runs down to the beach, swims out to rescue her, and brings her ashore. She's so grateful that she tells the man she'll do anything he wants. "Anything?" says the man. "Absolutely anything." says the woman, with a wink.

"Fantastic! In that case can you hold down this sheep for me?"

Edited by InnerVoice
  • Haha 1

Australian Citizen since 2007 | Returned to the UK between 2008-2011 | QLD resident for over 20 years

All advice and opinions I provide on PomsInOz are solely my own and are general in nature. I am not a migration agent, accountant, tax expert or financial adviser, and my insights are no substitute for professional advice. I strongly encourage you to seek the guidance of qualified professionals for specific concerns. I do not assume any responsibility for actions taken based on the information provided in any of my posts, and if you choose to act on this information then you do so entirely at your own risk.

2 minutes ago, InnerVoice said:

A man is marooned on a desert island. After a while he begins to get lonely and starts thinking about his girlfriend back home. The only other animal on the island is a sheep. A rather attractive sheep, mind you. As time passes he begins to think more and more about the sheep. One day he decides, all right, I'm going to give it a go - but the sheep plays hard to get. Every time he gets close to the sheep it just runs away. Finally, he corners the sheep at the edge of a cliff. The sheep knows it's luck has run out, but then he looks down and sees a beautiful woman struggling in the surf. He runs down to the beach, swims out to rescue her, and brings her ashore. She's so grateful that she tells the man she'll do anything he wants. "Anything?" says the man. "Absolutely anything." says the woman, with a wink.

Could be a desert island.  Could just be Easterhouse or Springhill on a Friday night.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BendigoBoy said:

Could be a desert island.  Could just be Easterhouse or Springhill on a Friday night.

You sound like an expert!

Australian Citizen since 2007 | Returned to the UK between 2008-2011 | QLD resident for over 20 years

All advice and opinions I provide on PomsInOz are solely my own and are general in nature. I am not a migration agent, accountant, tax expert or financial adviser, and my insights are no substitute for professional advice. I strongly encourage you to seek the guidance of qualified professionals for specific concerns. I do not assume any responsibility for actions taken based on the information provided in any of my posts, and if you choose to act on this information then you do so entirely at your own risk.

1 minute ago, InnerVoice said:

You sound like an expert!

Hey, everyone needs a hobby, pal..

• Haha 1

On 01/12/2023 at 08:31, InnerVoice said:

😂

Edited by Blue Manna
  • Like 1

On 25/11/2023 at 01:02, InnerVoice said:

I wholeheartedly agree with your reasons why this conflict has escalated and the Palestinians have had a terrible time in recent years, but your last sentence is incorrect. After the Israel/Egypt peace treaty of 1979, the Sinai Peninsula was fully returned to Egyptian control by 1982. The West Bank and Golan Heights remain under Israeli occupation, and until the latest flare-up the Gaza strip was under the administration of the PNA, although technically controlled by Hamas.

I'll never understand why Israel didn't just go to Qatar and take out the Hamas leadership who are living it up in luxury. Surely that would have been a better option than the current mess? Am I missing something here?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue Manna said:

I'll never understand why Israel didn't just go to Qatar and take out the Hamas leadership who are living it up in luxury. Surely that would have been a better option than the current mess? Am I missing something here?

If you are going to declare war on Qatar, probably best to check who their allies are and what military assets they and their allies have in range of your country.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

2 hours ago, Ken said:

If you are going to declare war on Qatar, probably best to check who their allies are and what military assets they and their allies have in range of your country.

They don't have to declare war.  A mosad nazi hunter type mission might have got the message across.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, simmo said:

They don't have to declare war.  A mosad nazi hunter type mission might have got the message across.

An attack on a foreign sovereign nation in which civilians were killed would be a declaration of war. The Israelis know that even if you don't. That's why they didn't do it.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

22 minutes ago, Ken said:

An attack on a foreign sovereign nation in which civilians were killed would be a declaration of war. The Israelis know that even if you don't. That's why they didn't do it.

Yet it happens. Didn't you know?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ken said:

There have been lots of cases of assassinations on foreign soil. Putin has killed a few and attempted more in the UK.

Recently India were accused by Canada of assassinating a Canadian citizen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

7 hours ago, Blue Manna said:

1 hour ago, simmo said:

State sponsored terrorism doesn't go down well on the world stage, and it would've been pretty obvious who done it in this case even if they didn't catch the special agents.

30 minutes ago, Parley said:

There have been lots of cases of assassinations on foreign soil. Putin has killed a few and attempted more in the UK.

Recently India were accused by Canada of assassinating a Canadian citizen.

I'd never accept a cup of tea off Putin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InnerVoice said:

State sponsored terrorism doesn't go down well on the world stage, and it would've been pretty obvious who done it in this case even if they didn't catch the special agents.

Have you missed all the support for Hamas/Palestine in all the capital cities? 

1 hour ago, welljock said:

Hamas/Palestine

These two are not the same thing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

5 Feb 2023 - 309/100 submitted | 14 Mar 2023 309 & 100 granted

4 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

These two are not the same thing.  

I've seen reports that seem to suggest most Palestinians want rid of Hamas but then when you see pictures of all the people out in the street doing that strange lalala thing and screaming Allah Akbar when the Israeli hostages were being taken through the streets... Who knows what to believe.  Also the indoctrination by the UNRWA of the kids hardly helps.

13 hours ago, Ken said:

Don't buy that.

Mossad and the CIA have taken out lots of people.

Maybe they just wanted to make a point rather than make a difference?

• Like 1

King Charles and Queen Camilla are planning a visit to Australia next year.

• Congratulations 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

52 minutes ago, Parley said:

King Charles and Queen Camilla are planning a visit to Australia next year.

Price of eggs will go through the roof.

On 26/11/2023 at 23:51, Toots said:

Good idea about the vaccine.  I've still to sort that out with my GP the next time I have an appointment.  I've explained here before that I've never had chickenpox so therefore can't get shingles.  I will take whatever advice she gives me.

Could you get the chicken pox vaccination if you have never had it before? I've seen an adult with chicken pox. It's really not pleasant.

3 minutes ago, Blue Manna said:

Could you get the chicken pox vaccination if you have never had it before? I've seen an adult with chicken pox. It's really not pleasant.

Yes chickenpox is downright nasty to have as an adult.  I will discuss the whole matter with my GP next time I see her.  I had measles a long time ago when I was 21 and I thought I was dying.  😁  I had the spots everywhere even in my mouth and had the marks left from the spots for over a year until they disappeared.

30 minutes ago, Blue Manna said:

Price of eggs will go through the roof.

Not in my neck of the woods.  I'll be giving them away...