Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

20 hours ago, newjez said:

A lot of people don't seem to understand that it takes an awful lot of time to apply for a job.

It's so different here (in WA at least) as you don't just do your CV but also have to address the selection criteria.  For this one there were 7 Essential and 4 desirable

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

8 hours ago, Drumbeat said:

Was it an application with Selection Criteria? They take so long to write.

Good luck with it 🤞

Yes, 7 Essential Criteria and 4 Desirable

• Sad 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

23 hours ago, ali said:

I've spent a collective total of 13 hours this weekend doing a job application - i'm shattered.

Wow! I hope you get it? A higher pay grade? The hoop jumping for health jobs is crazy. The last one I did I convinced myself I was overqualified after I'd written the essay they wanted! Didn't get the job 😆 

11 hours ago, ramot said:

Me myself has no more to say, certainly not entering into an argument, which always seems to happen the minute the word politics enters a thread.

Am I missing something here? Didn't you bring politics into the thread first? I agree with you fwiw. I dumped about 5 letters and 5 flyers from today's post. Totally OBSCENE waste of taxpayers money and paper and if I hear that pathetic flipping cringe hole in your budget ad one more time. 😱

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

Simply awful. I race for the remote to turn the sound off. It is extremely irritating to say the least. Australian politics have for long been rather awful though and no place for those of a more sensitive disposition. 

Me too. Its maddening. 

On 15/05/2022 at 14:24, Parley said:

Yes it can. We are all mature adults here. All over 50 I would say.

Speak for yourself. I'm not 50 yet. 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 15:07, Parley said:

I like that ad. quite clever.

My point which I will try once more before it gets deleted.

This is a dishonest ad.

In what parallel universe that ad could be described as 'clever' is beyond me!! The fact that someone was actually paid money to conceptualize it and THIS is what they came up with baffles me. The dumbing down of society. 

• Like 3

Just been watching Four Corners (Putin's Road To War).  He is the total opposite of an honourable man.  It's a pity someone didn't shoot him dead years ago.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Am I missing something here? Didn't you bring politics into the thread first? I agree with you fwiw. I dumped about 5 letters and 5 flyers from today's post. Totally OBSCENE waste of taxpayers money and paper and if I hear that pathetic flipping cringe hole in your budget ad one more time. 😱

Taxpayers don't pay. The parties pay.

• Haha 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Thought I was being apolitical 🤭

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Toots said:

Just been watching Four Corners (Putin's Road To War).  He is the total opposite of an honourable man.  It's a pity someone didn't shoot him dead years ago.

I'm not a Putin fan by any means, and I'm opposed to the invasion of Ukraine, but if you have a look at the map of old and new NATO members over the past thirty years, don't you think we have provided just a little provocation? I'm we have totally surrounded the man. You can understand him feeling a little bit cornered.

• Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

3 hours ago, Parley said:

Taxpayers don't pay. The parties pay.

Oh I see! 

2 hours ago, ramot said:

Thought I was being apolitical 🤭

Mere mention of the dreaded P word sparks debate! Which incidentally I don’t think is a bad thing. Life is politics. No getting away from it unless you go live in off grid, remote woop woop and never ask for anything. No rights, no healthcare, no housing, no funds. Seems silly we can’t talk about it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

In what parallel universe that ad could be described as 'clever' is beyond me!! The fact that someone was actually paid money to conceptualize it and THIS is what they came up with baffles me. The dumbing down of society. 

The dishonest ad referred to is all the sound bites labor are using of "That's not my job" . This clearly shows what was really said and how labor are trying to trick people.

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

25 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Mere mention of the dreaded P word sparks debate! Which incidentally I don’t think is a bad thing. Life is politics. No getting away from it unless you go live in off grid, remote woop woop and never ask for anything. No rights, no healthcare, no housing, no funds. Seems silly we can’t talk about it. 

Debate is fine.  It's when the personal insults start that it all goes downhill and the thread is closed.  We all have our opinions and we know who we will be voting for and really it's nobody's business but for some reason it ends up in a right old argy bargy and I'm right and you're wrong.  🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Debate is fine.  It's when the personal insults start that it all goes downhill and the thread is closed.  We all have our opinions and we know who we will be voting for and really it's nobody's business but for some reason it ends up in a right old argy bargy and I'm right and you're wrong.  🤣

I think most of us can debate. It shouldn’t result in no debate, rather exclusion of the poster who makes it personal. Keep the debate 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 14/05/2022 at 12:46, calNgary said:

Yet here we are 2 years AFTER Kates post and i don't recall seeing a thread on origami or knitting yet, despite the thousands of posts made in that time.. Go figure! 🤣

Cal x

I believe one was started but folded very quickly 😂

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

I think most of us can debate. It shouldn’t result in no debate, rather exclusion of the poster who makes it personal. Keep the debate 

Hope this photo comes out ok good for a laugh, 

BC68D0FB-3573-45DD-AD32-61AAA8306B23.jpeg

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 16/05/2022 at 19:38, HappyHeart said:

So true but found in so many aspects of life outside of politics. At least the dumbing down has been overall has been a great success. A dumbed down society being more compliant and easier to keep on a leash. 

On 16/05/2022 at 10:03, Parley said:

I have had a few interview over the years when in hindsight it was obviously an exercise to go through the process, when the intention all along was probably to give the role to an internal candidate.

Very annoying.

I as well. Too often the successful candidate has been decided (have witnessed this from with in) but the charade continues. My observations was to satisfy The Board with regards to procedure. Hence too often based on personality preference, rather than best person for the job. CEO wants to engage one they will be able to manipulate and comfortable with on a personal level.

On 16/05/2022 at 19:26, HappyHeart said:

Wow! I hope you get it? A higher pay grade? The hoop jumping for health jobs is crazy. The last one I did I convinced myself I was overqualified after I'd written the essay they wanted! Didn't get the job 😆 

Fingers crossed.  Yeah higher grade.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2022 at 12:06, Toots said:

Public Service well known to do that.

Suggested course of action for any public service job, even at an extremely high level, is to ring the contact officer and ask if there is somebody acting in the role.  If so, you know for sure it's an exercise. 

I had 3 interviews at the same place when I first immigrated, all went great, got found suitable, got none of the jobs.   Found a pommie executive contact on LinkedIn and called him, asked what i was doing wrong.  He asked for all the position details, called me back in a week and said I'd had no chance with any of them.  Then he offered me a 6 month contract and it got me started.  I didn't find out until a lot later how it works here....pretty shocking and unreformed, hence the public service is now full of contractors who can actually do the work and get paid double or treble, while the permies rotate around and wait for retirement....they have no real incentive to do anything else and can't be removed.

• Like 1

Having a trip over to Perth in October looking at 3-4 days in Margaret river any tips on things to do in Perth and where to stay and not 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, beketamun said:

Suggested course of action for any public service job, even at an extremely high level, is to ring the contact officer and ask if there is somebody acting in the role.  If so, you know for sure it's an exercise. 

I had 3 interviews at the same place when I first immigrated, all went great, got found suitable, got none of the jobs.   Found a pommie executive contact on LinkedIn and called him, asked what i was doing wrong.  He asked for all the position details, called me back in a week and said I'd had no chance with any of them.  Then he offered me a 6 month contract and it got me started.  I didn't find out until a lot later how it works here....pretty shocking and unreformed, hence the public service is now full of contractors who can actually do the work and get paid double or treble, while the permies rotate around and wait for retirement....they have no real incentive to do anything else and can't be removed.

About 35 years ago I had to got to Immigration at Chatswood (Sydney).  Can't remember what for exactly.  I think it was to have my sons put on my passport as we were going to the UK.  This was before they required their own passport.  I had never in my life seen such bored people behind the long counter dealing with queries etc.  One of them dropped a pen and disappeared for a couple of minutes looking for it.  Others were chatting amongst themselves.  Everything was done in slow motion.  When it was my turn to go up to the counter the bloke just looked at me, no smile, said nothing until I explained why I was there.  I actually said to him "You don't like your job do you".  The whole place needed a good shake up.

• Like 3

Iknwc but…I’m so full of anticipation for tomorrow. I really, really hope that we get a change of Govt. My yr 11 son is volunteering at the polling place. He has his very 1st driving lesson in the morning. It’s a big day with a friends 50th and induction of her sons twins so one way or the other we’re going to get something good delivered. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2