Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

3 hours ago, Parley said:

Have you never heard of him  @simmo? He was a great swash buckling type cricketer.

Perhaps a bit out of the mould like warnie and not a  traditional type.

We went to watch day 3 of the Ashes at the MCG in December 2006, three months after migrating to Australia.  The train was a little late so we were still outside when we heard the massive shout signalling an Aussie batsman out.  We were full of hope ….but spent the whole day watching Mathew Hayden and Andrew Symonds piling on the runs.  I think both scored over 150 and England lost 😢.  Symonds seemed to lose favour though and I don’t remember him featuring a great deal afterwards.

• Like 1

I've spent a collective total of 13 hours this weekend doing a job application - i'm shattered.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

59 minutes ago, ali said:

I've spent a collective total of 13 hours this weekend doing a job application - i'm shattered.

59 minutes ago, ali said:

Good Luck Ali …

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ali said:

A lot of people don't seem to understand that it takes an awful lot of time to apply for a job.

• Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Parley said:

Yes it can. We are all mature adults here. All over 50 I would say.

My parents were going on about the election and Scomo. Blaming him for all the world's troubles. I'm not a fan of the man, but to be fair, most of the things they were blaming him for were global issues that were out of his control. Seems like the media have had enough of him. Unfortunately my parents still believe what they read in the West Australian.

Edited by newjez

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Have you seen the moon this morning … I believe they are calling it the “ Flower Moon “ … 

A5803629-22CC-4E4F-B0A9-2FC2BF4BA1B2.jpeg

3DA0D893-E6FE-4C88-9B08-7C14791FC680.jpeg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ramot said:

I think the level of political advertising and the non stop personal insults are a disgrace, all parties are equally at fault. What a dreadful impression of the quality of our politicians we have had to endure over the last few weeks, I doubt it will improve over the next 6 days, can’t wait for it all to end. They should be ashamed of themselves, we deserve better.

An interesting thing, that is not specifically political but as Parley rightly points out, affects all aspects of daily life, is the change in mindset around the world.   We have had enough of these nomark populist Governments wasting money on lies and performiing badly being put into power by dangerously stupid people chasing a quick buck and failing.

Slovenia elected a new Government that was from neither side of the spectrum....they had no seats and yet took over 30% of the popular vote, ousting a pro-Trump gob and 3 time PM.   It can happen if you reject both sides of the mainstream argument.

In Australia, there are a host of Independents making headway against both major party candidates...the deficit incurred by the current Government should be enough to see them out of power seeing as they got in 10 years ago on a scaremongering campaign about budgets yet have incurred a huge amount of debt and made the situation far worse, they are incompetent.  

In ACT they have 2 Independents trying to oust a particularly useless Liberal incumbent senator, who has constantly voted against ACT's best interests by following populist national policies.    The extent of the vote the Independents are expected to get in preferences is now threatening the other ACT Senator, Katy Gallagher, a Labor ex-Chief Minister in a region that only ever votes in a Labor Government....to the extent that Julia Gillard is now making video appeals for her to keep her place, which is pretty unthinkable.  

11 hours ago, ali said:

Good luck

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, beketamun said:

An interesting thing, that is not specifically political but as Parley rightly points out, affects all aspects of daily life, is the change in mindset around the world.   We have had enough of these nomark populist Governments wasting money on lies and performiing badly being put into power by dangerously stupid people chasing a quick buck and failing.

Slovenia elected a new Government that was from neither side of the spectrum....they had no seats and yet took over 30% of the popular vote, ousting a pro-Trump gob and 3 time PM.   It can happen if you reject both sides of the mainstream argument.

In Australia, there are a host of Independents making headway against both major party candidates...the deficit incurred by the current Government should be enough to see them out of power seeing as they got in 10 years ago on a scaremongering campaign about budgets yet have incurred a huge amount of debt and made the situation far worse, they are incompetent.  

In ACT they have 2 Independents trying to oust a particularly useless Liberal incumbent senator, who has constantly voted against ACT's best interests by following populist national policies.    The extent of the vote the Independents are expected to get in preferences is now threatening the other ACT Senator, Katy Gallagher, a Labor ex-Chief Minister in a region that only ever votes in a Labor Government....to the extent that Julia Gillard is now making video appeals for her to keep her place, which is pretty unthinkable.  

Would prefer that this wasn’t attached to my post as it has Nothing to do with my post, I purposefully made no political reference, will request its removal, as I didn’t need a political lecture attached 

Edited by ramot

35 minutes ago, ramot said:

Would prefer that this wasn’t attached to my post as it has Nothing to do with my post, I purposefully made no political reference, will request its removal, as I didn’t need a political lecture attached 

well dont quote it then, i can hardly delete it now can i?

But the point stands, you yourself are only talking about "all parties are equally at fault" when other alternatives are now appearing in numbers that are not "parties".  What is wrong with that?

21 minutes ago, beketamun said:

well dont quote it then, i can hardly delete it now can i?

But the point stands, you yourself are only talking about "all parties are equally at fault" when other alternatives are now appearing in numbers that are not "parties".  What is wrong with that?

Me myself has no more to say, certainly not entering into an argument, which always seems to happen the minute the word politics enters a thread.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bottie said:

But can it be discussed calmly and not sometimes resulting in personal comments . …

But it is hardly only politics that result in personal comments. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, newjez said:

My parents were going on about the election and Scomo. Blaming him for all the world's troubles. I'm not a fan of the man, but to be fair, most of the things they were blaming him for were global issues that were out of his control. Seems like the media have had enough of him. Unfortunately my parents still believe what they read in the West Australian.

Now if there was a rag of misinformation , I'm afraid The West would be up there. I'd be concerned for your parents well being if that were the case, but in fact The West is a supporter of The Lib's in Federal politics. They seemed to have wanned in supporting present Labor regime in WA as well. Best not attempt to approach them on matters that should be of concern either. They'll simply ignore and censor from social forum pages. All part of what's wrong with the state of play in this state. (although hardly solely to blame) 

10 hours ago, newjez said:

A lot of people don't seem to understand that it takes an awful lot of time to apply for a job.

It does and often wasted. A lot of it is inside or at least connections to get into an interview stage. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bottie said:

But can it be discussed calmly and not sometimes resulting in personal comments . …

I suppose if those whose job it is to politick as a living can't manage it, hardly likely the mob will manage any better? I'd suggest an emotive subject by its nature. Best that can be hoped for is a refrain from obscenities.  

18 hours ago, Toots said:

My husband is watching a game of footy and every so often (too often) this awful jingle comes on.  Who the heck thought this one up?? "There's a hole in your budget dear Labour".  I'll be so glad when voting day is over and done with and I won't have to put up with the pre voting day palavar.  Do these dreadful ads really make any difference to how someone is going to vote?

Simply awful. I race for the remote to turn the sound off. It is extremely irritating to say the least. Australian politics have for long been rather awful though and no place for those of a more sensitive disposition. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ali said:

Was it an application with Selection Criteria? They take so long to write.

Good luck with it 🤞

• Like 1

11 hours ago, newjez said:

The West Australian doesn't appear to have an affiliation with any person or party, they are negative about everything!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Flu said:

It does and often wasted. A lot of it is inside or at least connections to get into an interview stage. 

I have had a few interview over the years when in hindsight it was obviously an exercise to go through the process, when the intention all along was probably to give the role to an internal candidate.

Very annoying.

• Like 2

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

3 minutes ago, Parley said:

I have had a few interview over the years when in hindsight it was obviously an exercise to go through the process, when the intention all along was probably to give the role to an internal candidate.

Very annoying.

Public Service well known to do that.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Parley said:

Yes it can. We are all mature adults here. All over 50 I would say.

You need to understand that the bar for causing offence is very low. Not just on here but in general.

It's crazy I know but even assuming we are all over 50 would offended some people.

After watching clips of the Sweeney and minder lately I long for the days when the perpetually offended grow some.

I probably offended someone with that but never mind.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ali said:

Good Luck Ali.

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

3 hours ago, Drumbeat said:

The West Australian doesn't appear to have an affiliation with any person or party, they are negative about everything!

At best the West Australian never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

• Haha 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

17 hours ago, ali said:

Good luck with it 

7 hours ago, beketamun said:

Zed the Useless.  Works consistently against what’s best for his constituents.