Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

I have just read the forum rules and guidelines written by Cerberus and no mention of politics so i assume we are free to discuss.

Labor are being very sneaky and basically lying in their ads so be mindful of that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

29 minutes ago, Parley said:

I have just read the forum rules and guidelines written by Cerberus and no mention of politics so i assume we are free to discuss.

Labor are being very sneaky and basically lying in their ads so be mindful of that...

You missed this post , pinned to the top of CTF

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

21 minutes ago, calNgary said:

You missed this post , pinned to the top of CTF

That pretty much leaves knitting and topiary. 😉

• Like 2

On 10/05/2022 at 09:40, Parley said:

I've been hoping Minder will come to Britbox, which i subscribe too. Maybe it has been banned though if you are right and the content is too Un PC for today's delicate viewer.

A few shows i have watched lately like The Professionals and Porridge have a content advisory warning before the show runs. In Porridge's case there was a crack about 'poofters' so it assume that was the reason. Probably too much of that sort of talk in shows from that era.

Last night watched the third episode of Minder, where I'm up to at the moment. (The Smaller They Are)  From the 1979. London looked quite run down . People dressed poorly, but recall the year and London then,  to which I far preferred from the glitter and swagger of today. Any way easy to watch. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rammygirl said:

If you mean continuing to work whilst on a holiday for a regular employer in the UK then yes that is OK. Same as working from home really. You are not taking work from an Australian by doing so. 

Thanks. I have Australian citizenship so I'm not worried by the visa issues.

But it's more from a tax and social security point of view. Apparently my company don't allow it in India, because India insists you pay tax there even for short stays, but I'm not sure about Australia. 

I have managed to find a website which I will read (it's rather long). But googling it tends to concentrate more on visas than tax.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

1 hour ago, newjez said:

Thanks. I have Australian citizenship so I'm not worried by the visa issues.

But it's more from a tax and social security point of view. Apparently my company don't allow it in India, because India insists you pay tax there even for short stays, but I'm not sure about Australia. 

I have managed to find a website which I will read (it's rather long). But googling it tends to concentrate more on visas than tax.

I think it should be fine, my husband certainly worked on his holidays here before we moved. Never gave it a thought as he was paid and taxed in UK. You don’t become tax resident in Aus unless you move permanently or spend over 6 months here. I’m sure if your company is aware of Indian issues they would know about Australia.

• Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

On 11/05/2022 at 13:25, Parley said:

If I said the opposite:

"The Liberals are being very sneaky and basically lying in their ads so be mindful of that..."

I'm sure it would be deemed political and removed.

On 11/05/2022 at 14:18, simmo said:

That pretty much leaves knitting and topiary. 😉

You missed out origami 😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rallyman said:

You missed out origami 😂

Yet here we are 2 years AFTER Kates post and i don't recall seeing a thread on origami or knitting yet, despite the thousands of posts made in that time.. Go figure! 🤣

Cal x

• Like 2

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

On 11/05/2022 at 13:25, Parley said:

Really?   I haven't seen a word of truth in the Liberal ads yet.

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband granted UK spouse visa March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

My new novel, A Dance With Danger, is due out August 2022

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, calNgary said:

Yet here we are 2 years AFTER Kates post and i don't recall seeing a thread on origami or knitting yet, despite the thousands of posts made in that time.. Go figure! 🤣

Cal x

Kate said they were temporary changes so were not meant to still be in place after 2 years.

Don't you think the most important thing going on in Australia right now for years, should be discussed?

Edited by Parley
  • Like 3

On 07/05/2022 at 19:48, Bottie said:

Monty our resident python resting his stomach after a heavy lunch …. 

5313CB62-9666-493A-9192-CEC1A67F05B9.jpeg

Is he still living under your house Bottie?????

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

On 10/05/2022 at 08:05, Bottie said:

I live in a kit home granny flat … it stands on small legs … the earth is pushed up against it leaving a gap underneath it … ideal for the wildlife to make a home in … 

I will put wire there as well … 

On 10/05/2022 at 08:05, Bottie said:

I live in a kit home granny flat … it stands on small legs … the earth is pushed up against it leaving a gap underneath it … ideal for the wildlife to make a home in … 

I will put wire there as well … 

I meant to add there are four air vents around my home two at the back and two at the front … the python’s stomach is resting on one … 

On 09/05/2022 at 05:39, Parley said:

Sad to hear Dennis Waterman has died.

I like his work in The Sweeney, Minder and New Tricks.

RIP Dennis

I met him a few times as he was a friend of my ex husband.   I really liked Dennis... such a great character and an honourable chap.   Very sad to hear of his passing.

• Like 6

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

1 hour ago, Rossmoyne said:

Is he still living under your house Bottie?????

at the moment I have managed to keep all the wildlife out … 

17 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

I met him a few times as he was a friend of my ex husband.   I really liked Dennis... such a great character and an honourable chap.   Very sad to hear of his passing.

Honourable. Now there's a quaint term seemingly in short supply today. I liked Denis in the roles he played. I'm glad to hear he had virtue as well.

On 14/05/2022 at 11:55, Parley said:

Kate said they were temporary changes so were not meant to still be in place after 2 years.

Don't you think the most important thing going on in Australia right now for years, should be discussed?

But can it be discussed calmly and not sometimes resulting in personal comments . …

1 hour ago, Bottie said:

But can it be discussed calmly and not sometimes resulting in personal comments . …

Yes it can. We are all mature adults here. All over 50 I would say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Parley said:

My husband is watching a game of footy and every so often (too often) this awful jingle comes on.  Who the heck thought this one up?? "There's a hole in your budget dear Labour".  I'll be so glad when voting day is over and done with and I won't have to put up with the pre voting day palavar.  Do these dreadful ads really make any difference to how someone is going to vote?

• Like 4

I like that ad. quite clever.

My point which I will try once more before it gets deleted.

This is a dishonest ad.

• Like 1

RIP Andrew Symonds.

Another terrible loss to Australia's cricket community. Gone at just 46.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Time will tell … not how I remember it … I hope for the Moderator’s sake it is calm and civilised … 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Parley said:

RIP Andrew Symonds.

Another terrible loss to Australia's cricket community. Gone at just 46.

Have you never heard of him  @simmo? He was a great swash buckling type cricketer.

Perhaps a bit out of the mould like warnie and not a  traditional type.

Edited by Parley
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think the level of political advertising and the non stop personal insults are a disgrace, all parties are equally at fault. What a dreadful impression of the quality of our politicians we have had to endure over the last few weeks, I doubt it will improve over the next 6 days, can’t wait for it all to end. They should be ashamed of themselves, we deserve better.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, ramot said:

I think the level of political advertising and the non stop personal insults are a disgrace, all parties are equally at fault. What a dreadful impression of the quality of our politicians we have had to endure over the last few weeks, I doubt it will improve over the next 6 days, can’t wait for it all to end. They should be ashamed of themselves, we deserve better.

Agree 100%.