Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Posted (edited)

not sure if this photograph will post …

a regular visitor …

The bricks I am using to go around my home to hopefully stop wildlife making a home underneath mine … 

0CC53C01-1169-4E88-8733-222AB0AE2639.jpeg

Edited by Bottie
  • Like 4

On 04/05/2022 at 16:11, newjez said:

There are lots of good copies, some not so good, but I'll get a Fitbit if they are reasonably priced, and they work well, as I have all the app history. Plus my current Fitbit has lasted about seven years.

I use my fitbit to link straight to strava, useful for saving routes for run, rides and walks.  I like the fitbit health stuff, but the GPS mapping data is much more useful when pushed into other apps.

Been furniture shopping for the new house today. Very productive. Very exciting. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Monty our resident python resting his stomach after a heavy lunch …. 

5313CB62-9666-493A-9192-CEC1A67F05B9.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Parley said:

Click on choose files when you post and select your photo.

Thank you Parley … 

• Like 1

Started couch to five K again.

Did it before, got to five K, then tore a calf muscle.

Two stone lighter this time, so we will see if the old body holds up.

• Like 2

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

The largest elected political party in Northern Ireland is now one that wishes the country did not exist.  Thanks for that oven-ready deal and sea border Boris, you muppet !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

Started couch to five K again.

Did it before, got to five K, then tore a calf muscle.

Two stone lighter this time, so we will see if the old body holds up.

have you tried bike riding for the hips and calves where the impact might not be so bad?

6 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Happy Mothers Day 😊💕

Are you allowed to call it that these days 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, beketamun said:

have you tried bike riding for the hips and calves where the impact might not be so bad?

I did race competitively in western Australia, road and velodrome in my youth. My bike is my favourite form of exercise, and I have built up the miles since the injury. It seems to have helped alot. I was trying the running because of the English winter, where the short days restrict the time. I'm usually out on the bike for hours, whereas a half hour run is quite tiring. I've been doing a lot of walking too which has been good. Ironically I did used to have a knee issue on the bike, but so far it's been ok.

18 hours ago, beketamun said:

I use my fitbit to link straight to strava, useful for saving routes for run, rides and walks.  I like the fitbit health stuff, but the GPS mapping data is much more useful when pushed into other apps.

I don't know what Strava is. I'll have a Google.

Sad to hear Dennis Waterman has died.

I like his work in The Sweeney, Minder and New Tricks.

RIP Dennis

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Parley said:

RIP Dennis

Indeed. Liked all the above mentioned. Especially Minder at the time. Not sure if it has aged well though.  Apparently his last role was a film done in Australia, I think last year. It was called something like Wait Until Dark. (not sure the exact title) He lived with his wife in Spain. 

Edited by Blue Flu
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Blue Flu said:

Indeed. Liked all the above mentioned. Especially Minder at the time. Not sure if it has aged well though.  Apparently his last role was a film done in Australia, I think last year. It was called something like Wait Until Dark. (not sure the exact title) He lived with his wife in Spain. 

It was called Never Too Late. I haven't seen it though.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

RIP Dennis

He was 74.

Seems too young these days.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2022 at 08:12, Bottie said:

not sure if this photograph will post …

a regular visitor …

The bricks I am using to go around my home to hopefully stop wildlife making a home underneath mine … 

0CC53C01-1169-4E88-8733-222AB0AE2639.jpeg

It's probably designed like that to breathe. Have you thought about wire?

• Like 1

It does seem young these days. I have the box collection of Minder from yonks back and played the very first episode of Minder last night . It was filmed in 1979 and Dennis Waterman looked obviously rather young. 'Gunfight at the OK Laundry'  was the title. Good to see glimpses of a now lost London from that era. How simpler life was with less affluence . 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, newjez said:

It's probably designed like that to breathe. Have you thought about wire?

I live in a kit home granny flat … it stands on small legs … the earth is pushed up against it leaving a gap underneath it … ideal for the wildlife to make a home in … 

I will put wire there as well … 

Edited by Bottie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

It does seem young these days. I have the box collection of Minder from yonks back and played the very first episode of Minder last night . It was filmed in 1979 and Dennis Waterman looked obviously rather young. 'Gunfight at the OK Laundry'  was the title. Good to see glimpses of a now lost London from that era. How simpler life was with less affluence . 

I've been hoping Minder will come to Britbox, which i subscribe too. Maybe it has been banned though if you are right and the content is too Un PC for today's delicate viewer.

A few shows i have watched lately like The Professionals and Porridge have a content advisory warning before the show runs. In Porridge's case there was a crack about 'poofters' so it assume that was the reason. Probably too much of that sort of talk in shows from that era.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know if you are resident in the UK, and a UK taxpayer, whether you can work for a limited time in Australia for a UK company remotely connecting to the UK? I'm an Australian citizen, so there are no worries there. It's more of a tax issue. Would the Australian government want to be paid tax, or would they just let it go if was just a couple of weeks?

9 hours ago, newjez said:

Does anyone know if you are resident in the UK, and a UK taxpayer, whether you can work for a limited time in Australia for a UK company remotely connecting to the UK? I'm an Australian citizen, so there are no worries there. It's more of a tax issue. Would the Australian government want to be paid tax, or would they just let it go if was just a couple of weeks?

If you mean continuing to work whilst on a holiday for a regular employer in the UK then yes that is OK. Same as working from home really. You are not taking work from an Australian by doing so. 

• Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

On 10/05/2022 at 09:18, Blue Flu said:

Saw one episode on cable TV last year.....looked very very dated and pretty miserable to me.  I like these things as you say for the historical value of the imagery, not so much for a return to living like people used to have to do.