Jump to content
Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I went to a birthday party on Saturday … as I left one of my great grandsons was quickly lifted up and told to kiss GG , ( Great Grandma ) , Goodbye … before I could dodge out the way , ( slower than I used to be ) , he gave me a very wet , sloppy kiss an the lips … waiting to see if Covid is only like “ a mild cold “ my unvaccinated , very anti vaccination , it’s all lies “ Grandson tells me … 

he had a PCR test today and is positive … 

Edited by Bottie
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bottie said:

I went to a birthday party on Saturday … as I left one of my great grandsons was quickly lifted up and told to kiss GG , ( Great Grandma ) , Goodbye … before I could dodge out the way , ( slower than I used to be ) , he gave me a very wet , sloppy kiss an the lips … waiting to see if Covid is only like “ a mild cold “ my unvaccinated , very anti vaccination , it’s all lies “ Grandson tells me … 

How irresponsible. Hope you stay well. My triple jabbed daughter is feeling like death warmed up however she does live with a chronic condition that perhaps makes her more susceptible. When the kids are sniffing and sneezing (which is often) I try to avoid kisses. My 3 yr old granddaughter was very unwell for 24-48 hours and now on the mend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bottie said:

I went to a birthday party on Saturday … as I left one of my great grandsons was quickly lifted up and told to kiss GG , ( Great Grandma ) , Goodbye … before I could dodge out the way , ( slower than I used to be ) , he gave me a very wet , sloppy kiss an the lips … waiting to see if Covid is only like “ a mild cold “ my unvaccinated , very anti vaccination , it’s all lies “ Grandson tells me … 

he had a PCR test today and is positive … 

That was so irresponsible, hope you are ok.  xM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Blue Flu said:

Five on a Treasure Island was the first edition and the first book I read in the series. It was so good to read as an eight or nine year old that I read most the series. I seem to recall it making England appear a little exotic  in part from my thinking of the time. Quite an honour for your brother to be chosen by the famed lady. An actor in the family to boot. I guess Five Go Mad in Dorset was well after his time? I seem to recall that being early years of the eighties. 

My sons loved Famous Five and we had the complete set at the time.  DS2 was hoping to share them with his daughters so took them down to their place in the bush ...... Enid Blyton burns well in a bushfire along with all the Tin Tins and Asterix and Obelix books, much to the disappointment of DS1 who had been hoping to share them all with his son too!!!

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quoll said:

My sons loved Famous Five and we had the complete set at the time.  DS2 was hoping to share them with his daughters so took them down to their place in the bush ...... Enid Blyton burns well in a bushfire along with all the Tin Tins and Asterix and Obelix books, much to the disappointment of DS1 who had been hoping to share them all with his son too!!!

Sacrilegious the burning of books. I love Tin Tin. It was my primary choice of written material many years back when learning French. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

Sacrilegious the burning of books. I love Tin Tin. It was my primary choice of written material many years back when learning French. 

Wasn't intentional lol, bushfires happen and everyone was very upset. At least the entire Biggles collection hadn't made it down to the bush by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

The value being of course was to get kids interested in the written word. As well as provoke the imagination. 

My brother loved them. He read the whole collection. I was never really into reading as a kid. I read the book "the cat that walked a week" just to prove that I could. Don't remember reading any others. Too much fun to be had outside in the bush.


Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out my dear mother in law has been watering a plastic cactus for the last three months. She was quite proud. She'd killed all the other ones, but this one was going strong.

  • Haha 5

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Quoll said:

Wasn't intentional lol, bushfires happen and everyone was very upset. At least the entire Biggles collection hadn't made it down to the bush by then. 

Oh I see. Just glad it wasn't deliberate. Same for the saving of the entire Biggles collection. I guess I had about three quarters of those Biggles books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, newjez said:

My brother loved them. He read the whole collection. I was never really into reading as a kid. I read the book "the cat that walked a week" just to prove that I could. Don't remember reading any others. Too much fun to be had outside in the bush.

I was still outside. Reading was a night thing when around ten for half an hour from memory before sleeping. Always adored reading and books. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/04/2022 at 12:48, Parley said:

write mental health was the point. why always write MH. so annoying to be scared of the term

I think you're reading too much into it - I work in mental health and we abbreviate it to MH all the time.

  • Like 3

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ali said:

I think you're reading too much into it - I work in mental health and we abbreviate it to MH all the time.

In house fine. Outside the area it could been seen to trivialise at best, or not understood what is being referred to , unless in its entirety earlier in the piece being written.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/04/2022 at 23:03, HappyHeart said:

I know but I’m keen to know where Parley has seen it written or heard it called this? 

Parley World😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ali said:

I think you're reading too much into it - I work in mental health and we abbreviate it to MH all the time.

Please don't. It is not a hard term to pronounce.

  • Like 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Parley said:

Please don't. It is not a hard term to pronounce.

I thought you'd worked in some sort of professional/bureaucratic job?    In which case you'd know that  abbreviations and acronyms are the normal language of every workplace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying up to Sydney later today.  We'll be staying there for a few days.  Elder son arriving from London.  Very excited! 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skani said:

I thought you'd worked in some sort of professional/bureaucratic job?    In which case you'd know that  abbreviations and acronyms are the normal language of every workplace.

Workplace acronyms have a place. That being in the work place.  In an area of mental health, where so much emphasis is being placed these days,  using nonchalant abbreviations on a forum  besides possibly confusing those not in 'the industry' as regards to meaning , as mentioned it to my mind trivialises the subject. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toots said:

Flying up to Sydney later today.  We'll be staying there for a few days.  Elder son arriving from London.  Very excited! 

 

Have a wonderful time, so special when we haven’t seen our children for a while, xM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Skani said:

I thought you'd worked in some sort of professional/bureaucratic job?    In which case you'd know that  abbreviations and acronyms are the normal language of every workplace.

I remember my first IT project meeting. I thought they were speaking another language. The best ones are when you ask what it stands for and nobody can remember. Medical people always abbreviate. It saves time, and they would need much bigger forms.


Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A miracle … I did not get Covid … his parents did and they are all quite ill with it … thankfully no family gatherings for several months …

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bottie said:

A miracle … I did not get Covid … his parents did and they are all quite ill with it … thankfully no family gatherings for several months …

Hi Bottie, keep taking precautions. My son in law only tested posted today, 6 days after my Granddaughters case and 5 days after my daughter. They’ve been in isolation for the past 6 days. We narrowed it down to a case at daycare last Wed so that’s a 3-4 day incubation period for the initial case. Fingers crossed for you though 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

Hi Bottie, keep taking precautions. My son in law only tested posted today, 6 days after my Granddaughters case and 5 days after my daughter. They’ve been in isolation for the past 6 days. We narrowed it down to a case at daycare last Wed so that’s a 3-4 day incubation period for the initial case. Fingers crossed for you though 

Thank you for letting me know that  … 6 days since the kiss … fingers crossed … I will stay at home a few more days … 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to see the film The Duke today, based on a true story starring Helen Mirren and Jim Broadbent. It’s a good well acted enjoyable British film. Glad I went, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to Handmade Market at EPIC.  Australia’s largest market for handmade goods and the first one for more than two years thanks to COVID. 
 

https://handmadecanberra.com.au/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s the 1st of May and the weather is glorious. Sitting on my front porch amongst the greenery, listening to the birds, feeling thankful, sun filtering through on my arm, with a coffee, bought back by husband who has been to the gym (far too enthusiastic) and contemplating the day ahead. Hoping to see the kids fresh out of iso. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×