Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Thanks! I was worried that they’d be annoyed by a student just watching them but they seemed to like the attention.  Met a wee woman who was 94, she was hilarious, lots of joking around and being sassy to us lol. Looking forward to hopefully meeting my mentor next week 

• Like 4

On 25/01/2022 at 19:12, Bulya said:

Most love her, see todays press and social media.  She didn’t stand for Scomo’s bs and it’s way overdue…

Absolute lack of respect. Honestly don't know how or why she got the honour. I expect she did get a lot of likes or support on social media, that's where her very active support base is. 

I hope she disappears out of the media without trace. I'm not on facebook or instagram so don't think I'll be hearing about her ever again.

Dylan Alcott should be brilliant, great choice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

I think the ward had just reopened after being closed with covid.    I’ll need to toughen up a bit I think and switch off because I’ve been thinking about the patients tonight and it’s reminding me of my grandad being in hospital. He was so desperate to get out that he tried to shout on the physio at all times of day and night so that he could get out quicker.  But he never got out 😣

Try not to take your work home with you Quokka. My wifes a nurse, retired now, the last 6 months was really getting her down, mostly to do with people she was working with and how the ward was being run, she really cares about patients and she could see them not getting the care they were entitled to. It got to the point where she couldn't stop talking about it, wasn't sleeping well and was stressed out. 

Only other time I've known her so bad was when she was running a neuro ward in her 20's. She had to go to more meetings about budgets than she did nursing. She never wanted a senior position again. Always loved nursing though.

What appears to be really important to you can be boring to others when you're not at work. I used to avoid a lot of their work social does as they always spoke about work.

Same goes for any job BTW but nursing, caring for people is a lot harder to switch off.

• Like 7

Our lovely weather has broken.  It's a rainy day here and I can just about see the grass (and the weeds) growing in front of my eyes.  Gives me the chance to settle down and read 'The Heron's Cry' written by Ann Cleeves who also writes the Vera and Shetland series of books.  This book is set in North Devon.

I'm going to the tennis tomorrow night Tsitsipas vs Medvedev. Should be a good match.

• Like 2

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

10 minutes ago, Parley said:

I'm going to the tennis tomorrow night Tsitsipas vs Medvedev. Should be a good match.

Who?😁

11 hours ago, Toots said:

Our lovely weather has broken.  It's a rainy day here and I can just about see the grass (and the weeds) growing in front of my eyes.  Gives me the chance to settle down and read 'The Heron's Cry' written by Ann Cleeves who also writes the Vera and Shetland series of books.  This book is set in North Devon.

Just read it, enjoyed it

• Like 1

IKNOWC but I'm still here!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My youngest has just become an Aussie.

All done by post from the UK, and very easy.

Getting a passport looks a bit more complicated though.

• Like 5

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

IKNWC ... Great win for Perth Scorchers in the BBL last night.  was very worried at 4/25, but great innings from Turner and Evans to amass a worthwhile total, followed by great bowling/fielding.  4th BBL championship - we're happy here in the west despite not having been able to see them play at home

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 28/01/2022 at 02:47, simmo said:

What's happening to your posts? I only got notification of a post from Wed today (Saturday) 

Edited by HappyHeart
  • Confused 1

On 28/01/2022 at 05:47, simmo said:

Don't see much of you hereabouts these days @simmo.  Don't be a stranger.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2022 at 22:30, ramot said:

Just read it, enjoyed it

I didn't realise that this was her 2nd in the Two Rivers series.  Wish I'd read the 1st one prior to reading this one.

On 28/01/2022 at 04:47, simmo said:

I'll alert the mods! Perhaps they haven't noticed.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

3 hours ago, Toots said:

I didn't realise that this was her 2nd in the Two Rivers series.  Wish I'd read the 1st one prior to reading this one.

3 hours ago, Toots said:

Same here, might try to get it.  I really enjoy her Shetland tv series, don’t always enjoy Vera

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toots said:

They have made a tv series of The Long Call - probably on Britbox.  It was alright in that it had some good cast in Martin Shaw and Juliet Stephenson but I was very disappointed with Matthew's character and I found his sergeant to be rather wooden.  Probably still worth a watch though.  

Champion.

2022-01-29_21-45-34.jpg

• Like 4

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

IKNWC but i just went wedding dress shopping  with my best friend who I met through the forum 14 years ago. We had the best time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Quoll said:

They have made a tv series of The Long Call - probably on Britbox.  It was alright in that it had some good cast in Martin Shaw and Juliet Stephenson but I was very disappointed with Matthew's character and I found his sergeant to be rather wooden.  Probably still worth a watch though.  

What a coincidence!  SBS have just stated that The Long Call starts next Thursday night at 8:30.  Of course I've now pictured the characters of Venn, Ross and Jen as I'm reading the book.  I'll probably be disappointed with the cast. Usually am after I see a series/film after reading the book.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Toots said:

What a coincidence!  SBS have just stated that The Long Call starts next Thursday night at 8:30.  Of course I've now pictured the characters of Venn, Ross and Jen as I'm reading the book.  I'll probably be disappointed with the cast. Usually am after I see a series/film after reading the book.

Might not read the book now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quoll said:

Wasn't impressed. Watchable. But it was no tourist.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

I had a rather unfortunate confrontation with a bloke this morning.  I was just saying cheerio to a friend after we had our morning walk when a big burly man passed by us.  He was pulling a sort of flat bed buggy containing his possessions behind him.  I walked behind him then as he was walking fairly slowly, I passed him.  I followed my usual walk along beside the sea and he walked on the track.  When I passed in front of him to head home he yelled at me that I was a f*****g Pom and just totally lost it screaming horrible abuse whilst I stood there dumbfounded.  He must have heard my accent when I was talking to my friend.  He went on to say he was aboriginal and how much he hated Poms. At that point a local man came along and told the aboriginal bloke to bugger off and took his photo which he said he was going to take to the police.

By the aggressive man's appearance I wouldn't have said he was aboriginal but who knows how much aboriginal he actually had in him.  He could have had a percentage of Pommy blood in him for all we know.   I dare say he had mental health issues and hadn't been taking his meds.   

So much for my peaceful Sunday morning stroll.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, Toots said:

I had a rather unfortunate confrontation with a bloke this morning.  I was just saying cheerio to a friend after we had our morning walk when a big burly man passed by us.  He was pulling a sort of flat bed buggy containing his possessions behind him.  I walked behind him then as he was walking fairly slowly, I passed him.  I followed my usual walk along beside the sea and he walked on the track.  When I passed in front of him to head home he yelled at me that I was a f*****g Pom and just totally lost it screaming horrible abuse whilst I stood there dumbfounded.  He must have heard my accent when I was talking to my friend.  He went on to say he was aboriginal and how much he hated Poms. At that point a local man came along and told the aboriginal bloke to bugger off and took his photo which he said he was going to take to the police.

By the aggressive man's appearance I wouldn't have said he was aboriginal but who knows how much aboriginal he actually had in him.  He could have had a percentage of Pommy blood in him for all we know.   I dare say he had mental health issues and hadn't been taking his meds.   

So much for my peaceful Sunday morning stroll.

I find not a day goes by without some white person being on TV saying how proud they are to be aborigine. Today a white cricketer got an award which apparently they were the first aboriginal to get. I think the problem is the constant question "do you consider yourself to be aboriginal or a Torres strait islander" which is forcing people to pick a side rather than being proud of the mixture of races that we all have. They should change the constitution to make it illegal to ask that question! 

• Like 6

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

7 minutes ago, Ken said:

I find not a day goes by without some white person being on TV saying how proud they are to be aborigine. Today a white cricketer got an award which apparently they were the first aboriginal to get. I think the problem is the constant question "do you consider yourself to be aboriginal or a Torres strait islander" which is forcing people to pick a side rather than being proud of the mixture of races that we all have. They should change the constitution to make it illegal to ask that question! 

One thing that has surprised me really since moving here is how much they thank the aboriginals for using there land etc.

Most races etc have had things happen to them over the years but I think it's just time to let it go.

Nothing to do with any of us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 27/01/2022 at 07:33, Paul1Perth said:

Absolute lack of respect. Honestly don't know how or why she got the honour. I expect she did get a lot of likes or support on social media, that's where her very active support base is. 

I hope she disappears out of the media without trace. I'm not on facebook or instagram so don't think I'll be hearing about her ever again.

Dylan Alcott should be brilliant, great choice.

You clearly know absolutely nothing about her or why she received the award in the first place so why comment ? Even less so why she wasn’t gushing over Morrison. At least take the time to find out about her before condemning her. 

• Thanks 2