Jump to content
Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Parley said:

That Grace Tame looks like a nasty piece of work. Glad her year is over.

I think Dylan Alcott will win tomorrows Australian of the Year.

Most love her, see todays press and social media.  She didn’t stand for Scomo’s bs and it’s way overdue…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bulya said:

Most love her, see todays press and social media.  She didn’t stand for Scomo’s bs and it’s way overdue…

I can't stand Scomo, but given a straight choice between Scomo's bs and Grace Tame's bs I'll take Scomo's.

  • Like 4

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I start my hospital placement tomorrow, for around 4 months. So nervous!! 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quokka2005 said:

I start my hospital placement tomorrow, for around 4 months. So nervous!! 

Good luck. You’ll be fine. Show them you are keen and take an interest, they love an engaged student! 😀👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bulya said:

Most love her, see todays press and social media.  She didn’t stand for Scomo’s bs and it’s way overdue…

the bloke who didn't understand women until his wife told him to remember he had daughters...then suddenly he understands sexual harrassment and the importance of investigating rape in the workplace.  No wonder she treats him like you would a caveman.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, beketamun said:

the bloke who didn't understand women until his wife told him to remember he had daughters...then suddenly he understands sexual harrassment and the importance of investigating rape in the workplace.  No wonder she treats him like you would a caveman.

 

She is a brat.

Who would meet a dignitary like the Queen or PM and a formal function and act so rude to them. I'm sure even Bulya wouldn't be rude to the Queen if he was a guest of hers at an afternoon tea,

Hopefully we never hear Grace Tame's name mentioned ever again.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Parley said:

She is a brat.

Who would meet a dignitary like the Queen or PM and a formal function and act so rude to them. I'm sure even Bulya wouldn't be rude to the Queen if he was a guest of hers at an afternoon tea,

Hopefully we never hear Grace Tame's name mentioned ever again.

Why are you bringing the Queen into it,  you're completely trying to skew an argument that you cannot form properly?

She was Australian of the Year awarded a pedestal to draw attention to women's issues, and the PM has been found seriously wanting....she doesn't owe him a sanctimonious smile because that would surely make her as disingenuous as he is?  

It is very interesting though, the outraged reaction she has provoked from some over a disapproving glare at the PM.  Would these people be so outraged over actual rape and sexual assault?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

You need to watch this Parley, might drag you into the 21st Century

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who is a guest of honour at a formal event and uses the opportunity to embarass their host needs to have a good look in the mirror.

Nasty woman for sure.

I know what happened to her as a child but she is not doing herself any credit now unfortunately.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parley said:

Anyone who is a guest of honour at a formal event and uses the opportunity to embarass their host needs to have a good look in the mirror.

Nasty woman for sure.

I know what happened to her as a child but she is not doing herself any credit now unfortunately.

You said it, she was the guest of honour and the PM wanted a political photo opportunity...he got what he deserved.

From the public reaction, it seems to be that you're in the minority...getting under the skin of people who ignore the real issues is precisely the purpose, and hopefully it will make you think or prevent the next generation from holding the same inane priorities that you do.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beketamun said:

the bloke who didn't understand women until his wife told him to remember he had daughters...then suddenly he understands sexual harrassment and the importance of investigating rape in the workplace.  No wonder she treats him like you would a caveman.

 

He is a caveman!  We’re lucky here, we get to see the real Scomo and it isn’t pretty…

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your the first person I've heard of who seems to think being rude to a dignitary at a formal event is acceptable behaviour.

I think you are in a small minority.

Hopefully you never get invited to any nice formal dinners.

  • Like 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parley said:

Your the first person I've heard of who seems to think being rude to a dignitary at a formal event is acceptable behaviour.

I think you are in a small minority.

Hopefully you never get invited to any nice formal dinners.

you're such a wuss.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway it is nice that the new Australian of the Year is not a divisive figure.

He is someone universally admired by everyone in Australia.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beketamun said:

Why are you bringing the Queen into it,  you're completely trying to skew an argument that you cannot form properly?

She was Australian of the Year awarded a pedestal to draw attention to women's issues, and the PM has been found seriously wanting....she doesn't owe him a sanctimonious smile because that would surely make her as disingenuous as he is?  

It is very interesting though, the outraged reaction she has provoked from some over a disapproving glare at the PM.  Would these people be so outraged over actual rape and sexual assault?

Possibly, but nonetheless, an Australian of the Year should never be seen expressing vitriol and hate even by a facial expression or body language, against other Australians, now should they?  Possibly just a nervous moment in front of the media but it seemed to me that Grace Tame was quite disrespectful.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Possibly, but nonetheless, an Australian of the Year should never be seen expressing vitriol and hate even by a facial expression or body language, against other Australians, now should they?  Possibly just a nervous moment in front of the media but it seemed to me that Grace Tame was quite disrespectful.

I don't think it was nervous, it was deliberate and pointed. 

She didn't refuse to shake his hand, didn't refuse to have a photo taken, didn't shout at him, didn't speak to him, didn't give him the finger...she smiled at his wife.  I'm not sure how you can say she expressed vitriol or hate, i thought it was more extreme displeasure that she had to stand there for a photo op for the PM's benefit, when he is the one who handled the situation at Parliament House terribly, downplayed it, and tried to avoid taking it seriously, and he also did the same with Christian Porter.  That was FAR more disrespectful.

It's amazing that people are calling her rude,  she can do what she likes and that is what is upsetting certain people.

 

Edited by beketamun
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, beketamun said:

I don't think it was nervous, it was deliberate and pointed. 

She didn't refuse to shake his hand, didn't refuse to have a photo taken, didn't shout at him, didn't speak to him, didn't give him the finger...she smiled at his wife.  I'm not sure how you can say she expressed vitriol or hate, i thought it was more extreme displeasure that she had to stand there for a photo op for the PM's benefit, when he is the one who handled the situation at Parliament House terribly, downplayed it, and tried to avoid taking it seriously, and he also did the same with Christian Porter.  That was FAR more disrespectful.

It's amazing that people are calling her rude,  she can do what she likes and that is what is upsetting certain people.

 

Has she explained herself?

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions to try and justify her rudeness. Really she needs to explain herself and preferably apologise.

  • Like 2

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parley said:

Has she explained herself?

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions to try and justify her rudeness. Really she needs to explain herself and preferably apologise.

Utter nonsense! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beketamun said:

I don't think it was nervous, it was deliberate and pointed. 

She didn't refuse to shake his hand, didn't refuse to have a photo taken, didn't shout at him, didn't speak to him, didn't give him the finger...she smiled at his wife.  I'm not sure how you can say she expressed vitriol or hate, i thought it was more extreme displeasure that she had to stand there for a photo op for the PM's benefit, when he is the one who handled the situation at Parliament House terribly, downplayed it, and tried to avoid taking it seriously, and he also did the same with Christian Porter.  That was FAR more disrespectful.

It's amazing that people are calling her rude,  she can do what she likes and that is what is upsetting certain people.

 

Exactly.  The forelock tuggers are having kittens…

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a reminder that this is a 'light hearted thread' and not one for major discussions.

  • Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IKNWC .....but yesterday I went into hospital for the removal of a small skin cancer at the tip of my right nostril. Now I read all of the admission criteria including the necessity to have an adult pick me up after surgery, following the operation under full anaesthetic. The skin graft was taken from my ear lobe.   

As it turns out I stupidly assumed that family or friends could be called upon to pick me up after the procedure, but no, they were all away, out of town with booked accommodation. 

The first thing I did when I arrived at the day surgery was to inform them that there was nobody to pick me up. What a kerfuffle that caused, the staff went into a huddle.

The short story was that post-op, I was kept in the recovery room for an extra hour and the staff were satisfied that I could catch a taxi home ( a $100 cab ride) and they were also satisfied that Mrs Dusty would be at home when I returned. 

Lesson learned.

    

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

Good luck. You’ll be fine. Show them you are keen and take an interest, they love an engaged student! 😀👍

Thanks!  So I turned up and apparently I wasn’t supposed to be in because my mentor has covid but nobody remembered to tell me 😂.    So I got to shadow some other OT’s and physio’s.    Was a bit overwhelming because the hospital was so busy but it was a decent first day 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

Thanks!  So I turned up and apparently I wasn’t supposed to be in because my mentor has covid but nobody remembered to tell me 😂.    So I got to shadow some other OT’s and physio’s.    Was a bit overwhelming because the hospital was so busy but it was a decent first day 

Oh no! Honestly not surprised. I started in a new job back in July and was arranged to be shadowing someone on a certain day. I had been there for a couple of weeks, attended remote meetings etc and no still one thought to tell me this person had been off sick for a week, so I sat there like dill waiting. 🙄

Yes everywhere is busy either treating the acute stuff or frantically trying to clear backlogs from the last 2 years. At least you won’t be bored! 😀 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amber Snowball said:

Oh no! Honestly not surprised. I started in a new job back in July and was arranged to be shadowing someone on a certain day. I had been there for a couple of weeks, attended remote meetings etc and no still one thought to tell me this person had been off sick for a week, so I sat there like dill waiting. 🙄

Yes everywhere is busy either treating the acute stuff or frantically trying to clear backlogs from the last 2 years. At least you won’t be bored! 😀 

I think the ward had just reopened after being closed with covid.    I’ll need to toughen up a bit I think and switch off because I’ve been thinking about the patients tonight and it’s reminding me of my grandad being in hospital. He was so desperate to get out that he tried to shout on the physio at all times of day and night so that he could get out quicker.  But he never got out 😣

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

I think the ward had just reopened after being closed with covid.    I’ll need to toughen up a bit I think and switch off because I’ve been thinking about the patients tonight and it’s reminding me of my grandad being in hospital. He was so desperate to get out that he tried to shout on the physio at all times of day and night so that he could get out quicker.  But he never got out 😣

It’s very hard to distance completely, we are only human and if you don’t feel for your patients I would say you are burnt out and need to rethink your career choice. Compassion isn’t a weakness. The trick is to not let it consume you. Over 20 years later I can still see the face of my first resus and death. Over the years I’ve still cried at the loss of some of them. Channel that into providing the best care and support you can for each and every one of them, they won’t forget you. 🤗

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×