Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Gosh Perth was quiet last night New Years Eve. Was in fear of catching the virus? Scarborough Beach had a bit of a crowd up on 'the hill' to witness the final sunset for 2021. But compared to the previous week , admittingly of hot, barmy weather with not a breeze in sight, the beach and environs were full of life. Night before police cars converged on the area as apparent fears of youth, mostly African groups, probably close to 300 in number seemed to get the willies up the forces of law and order. One guy, was badly beaten I later heard, someone told me an 'Aussie" (pretty clear what his definition of Aussie was) 

We went to the city. Fireworks and pretty good atmosphere, but mostly Asian , Middle Eastern or other non white  Australians. Didn't see any trouble this year, but loads of the blue line highly visible. Loads of trouble just after we left. About 12.45 fights some said to be quite brutal broke out. Depends which media source you believe into the intensity. 

But Perth outside of main city, very quiet. Eerily so. 

3 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

Thing about Saville was his antics were well known by numerous people, yet he got away with it. Too big to touch? Too influential in who he knew and how many in power, consider simply a little harmless 'fun' anyway? You may recall word going around with regards to an alleged pedophile sex ring within Parliament. Never see the light of day obviously. 

Sex rings are everywhere with people in power, see how much comes from Miss Maxwell 🤔

I seen something somewhere the other day about more grooming in Rotherham.

• Like 3

I have to stay in hospital. Got retained stones in common bile duct after having gallbladder out and need procedure to remove on Tuesday (after public hol) means shifting to different hospital then returning for a while. My liver is suffering apparently. Good start to 2022, at least I'm in right place. Glad I listened to my instincts, could have been messy if I'd ignored it 

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

53 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

I have to stay in hospital. Got retained stones in common bile duct after having gallbladder out and need procedure to remove on Tuesday (after public hol) means shifting to different hospital then returning for a while. My liver is suffering apparently. Good start to 2022, at least I'm in right place. Glad I listened to my instincts, could have been messy if I'd ignored it 

Wishing you all the best!    Been there, done that 😩 - although I was able to have the duct stones removed the next day in same hospital.   At least it will be a relief afterwards not being terrified of eating anything for fear of excruciating pain .

at least I'm in right place

....in W. A.   If I had to be hospitalised at the moment that would be my state of choice .  🙄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

Good luck! You will feel so much better once it's all done! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skani said:

Wishing you all the best!    Been there, done that 😩 - although I was able to have the duct stones removed the next day in same hospital.   At least it will be a relief afterwards not being terrified of eating anything for fear of excruciating pain .

....in W. A.   If I had to be hospitalised at the moment that would be my state of choice .  🙄

What causes gall bladder problems?

• Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

We have heard there is a car being driven around with lit cigarettes being thrown out of the passenger window causing some of the bushfires on Toodyay road and Wooroloo … 

• Sad 5

50 minutes ago, Bottie said:

We have heard there is a car being driven around with lit cigarettes being thrown out of the passenger window causing some of the bushfires on Toodyay road and Wooroloo … 

I genuinely despair for the future of mankind some days. What the hell is wrong with people. 🤦🏻😡

Stay safe.

• Like 8

#MassPsychosis is trending on twitter.

16 hours ago, newjez said:

What causes gall bladder problems?

The gallbladder produces bile to help digest fats but  some substances in the bile can harden into stones.  Most adults would probably have a few but they are so small they don't cause a problem.  However some become so large that they block the bile leaving the gallbladder and get stuck in the bile duct leading to the intestine.  That's what causes the pain.  The first pain episode I had started in my chest and  was so severe I thought I was having a heart attack - and called an ambulance!.   Some women describe it as being as painful as childbirth.  It is more common in women - which suggests there may be a hormonal association with stones forming  - over 40s and pregnancy.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Skani said:

The gallbladder produces bile to help digest fats but  some substances in the bile can harden into stones.  Most adults would probably have a few but they are so small they don't cause a problem.  However some become so large that they block the bile leaving the gallbladder and get stuck in the bile duct leading to the intestine.  That's what causes the pain.  The first pain episode I had started in my chest and  was so severe I thought I was having a heart attack - and called an ambulance!.   Some women describe it as being as painful as childbirth.  It is more common in women - which suggests there may be a hormonal association with stones forming  - over 40s and pregnancy.  

Risk factors for gallstones include birth control pills, pregnancy, a family history of gallstones, obesity, diabetes, liver disease, or rapid weight loss

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

45 minutes ago, Parley said:

Risk factors for gallstones include birth control pills, pregnancy, a family history of gallstones, obesity, diabetes, liver disease, or rapid weight loss

Well I was never on the pill, no family history and wasn't fat but as Skani suggested could have been hormones in case.  My hormones have been the bane of my life.  😬  Like Skani, the pain was just awful and I also thought I was having a heart attack - quite scary as my heart isn't the best.  Felt like a new woman once I got rid of the gall bladder.  

• Like 2

On 01/01/2022 at 09:47, Parley said:

Arise Sir Tony Blair.

A petition to have Tony Blair stripped of his knighthood is rapidly gathering support.

32 minutes ago, Toots said:

A petition to have Tony Blair stripped of his knighthood is rapidly gathering support.

Signed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/12/2021 at 11:11, Bulya said:

Same here.  NYE celebrations are for young people imho. 

Went on a "tour de fridge". We have a younger couple live round the corner who organised it. Lots of people we know, mainly from the surf club live in our suburb or the next one. We went out on the bikes at 4:30, furthest we biked was about 2km for the first house. Have an hour or so in each place with nibbles, drinks, games. Our place was 8 till 9, finished just round the corner at the younger couples. Plan was to come back early and not see the New Year in, then we got playing beer pong, drinking whisky when you lost, so we ended up coming home about 12:30. Luckily we could push the bikes round the corner. Felt a bit average New Years day. A quick dip and swim in the ocean made me feel a bit better. 

Wife didn't make the swim though.😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul1Perth said:

Lots of things can go wrong when you get older. Don't try to overthink things.

She's not that old.

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

7 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Went on a "tour de fridge". We have a younger couple live round the corner who organised it. Lots of people we know, mainly from the surf club live in our suburb or the next one. We went out on the bikes at 4:30, furthest we biked was about 2km for the first house. Have an hour or so in each place with nibbles, drinks, games. Our place was 8 till 9, finished just round the corner at the younger couples. Plan was to come back early and not see the New Year in, then we got playing beer pong, drinking whisky when you lost, so we ended up coming home about 12:30. Luckily we could push the bikes round the corner. Felt a bit average New Years day. A quick dip and swim in the ocean made me feel a bit better. 

Wife didn't make the swim though.😁

I’m too old for that and medication takes its toll.  Tiredness comes on in a second and that’s it, I’m done.

On 02/01/2022 at 09:17, HappyHeart said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery 😌

1 hour ago, Drumbeat said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery 😌

Thanks so much. I’m completely over it and just want to go home now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

Thanks so much. I’m completely over it and just want to go home now. 

My ex wife went through this.  She had the op and OK since.  Hope you get better…

On 30/12/2021 at 20:11, simmo said:

Yeah he was alright.. a bit of an old woman.  Hope he's ok though.  

I think apart from 1 or 2 there's no real characters.    

Please explain “ a bit of an old women “ … sour grapes because I did not say you were funny too ! … you were … 

On 03/01/2022 at 10:27, Toots said:

Well I was never on the pill, no family history and wasn't fat but as Skani suggested could have been hormones in case.  My hormones have been the bane of my life.  😬  Like Skani, the pain was just awful and I also thought I was having a heart attack - quite scary as my heart isn't the best.  Felt like a new woman once I got rid of the gall bladder.  

Likewise I had none of of those risk factors in Parley's post and not aware of any family history.   Never had a liking for fatty food, either, which is often quoted as a risk factor.  

I had the first attack about 9.30 one night.  Woke up my husband with "I have a terrible pain in my chest".  "Just relax" was the response ....and promptly went back to sleep.  (A fair amount of red wine had been imbibed - by him, not me - as I recall).  So before they carted me off to hospital I left a note on the kettle - "Gone to hospital in ambulance".    Unfortunately, once they had diagnosed it was gallbladder, not a cardiac problem,  and plied me with heavy pain killers,  I  was able to catch a taxi home before he woke up and saw the note.  One of the ambos - a  young, very attractive female - did offer to go into the bedroom to wake him up and tell him..  I said no, don't bother, but sometimes wonder if  I should have let her - just to see his reaction.  😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I hope everyone had a nice New Year’s Eve/Hogmanay and all the best in 2022 x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

I hope everyone had a nice New Year’s Eve/Hogmanay and all the best in 2022 x

Happy Christmas New Year xM

• Like 1