Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

1 hour ago, Quokka2005 said:

Now it looks like mum has covid and she’s been around me and gran. I’m waiting on the results. will it ever end! 

Has she done a lateral flow test while she waits?

6 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

It’s certainly everywhere right now but mild for the huge majority.  I am in a work WhatsApp group (only 7 of us) and I put a message on there saying I had tested positive.  Later that day my manager responded saying his wife had as well and today my friend added her 21 year old son has just got positive results back.  A local friend of mine who dropped some shopping to my doorstep this morning was going for a test because she has cold like symptoms.  I think herd immunity will be sorted out in no time at all now. 

Can you work from home, or do you have to take sick leave?

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

On 26/12/2021 at 15:19, Parley said:

Did you get the 42 degrees in Perth.

I don't think it made it. Close though. Had a great day. Down the beach about 9:00, parked the car at our friends place 2 mins walk from the beach. Water looked great, calm 'cos of the Easterly wind. Only problem was there were tiger sharks spotted just off the beach, not surprising as there were so many fish swimming by. You could see black shapes just off the beach in about 6ft of water, they were shoals of fish, never seen so many. It was OK to go in for a dip but the all clear got called at one stage so thought I'd go for a longer swim, only went about 500m, parallel with the  beach and the helicopter came over with the sirens going.

We retired to our friends house about 12:30, sat in the shade by the pool, sometimes in the pool with a few cold beers. 

Sharks seem to have moved beaches now. Fine on boxing Day, loads of people swimming. Then yesterday over 1000 people at our local surf club to do a 10k swim. The solo swimmers for Rotto swim need a timed 10k swim in under 4 hrs (I think) to be able to do a solo. 

Big day and no sharks. I have photos but can't seem to post?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Parley said:

Can you work from home, or do you have to take sick leave?

No I can’t work from home.  It will be sick leave but that’s ok (a bonus even) as I get a generous sick leave quota so it will be fully paid.  

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:
1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Has she done a lateral flow test while she waits?

my gran? I don’t think they’ve tested her yet, she doesn’t leave the house at the moment.  I imagine they will test tomorrow  though. Mum has had 2 positive laterals and is going for pcr test tomorrow morning. I went for mine tonight, can’t go to work till it comes back negative.  It’s rife in Scotland at the moment 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Not the best Christmas for me.  My son tested positive for Covid on 23rd so I booked myself a test for the morning of 24th.  Results came back on Christmas Day and confirmed I am positive for Covid!  I’m feeling fine, so far just a slight sore throat so fingers crossed it stays that way.   

Sorry to hear that Tulip, hope you'll stay symptom free

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

15 hours ago, Bulya said:

Kebab shop just exploded in Belconnen (Canberra).  Shook our windows in Cook several km’s away.  Building containing several businesses has been pretty much destroyed. 

That's devastating for them

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 24/12/2021 at 12:54, Tink said:

Merry Christmas from Tink and Benson 

Merry Christmas dear girl..... so good to see your post.... hope all is well in your world!  Rossy

• Like 2

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

On 26/12/2021 at 10:20, Bottie said:

I had a brilliant Christmas Day … I hope everyone else did … 

So did I.   Not the planned Christmas as my son and his partner were stuck in Queensland and not here in WA with us, but it turned out pretty good in the end!    Well apart from the weather.   This heat is slowly cooking me... the older I get the less I like the heat!   Thank goodness for the aircon and pool!

• Like 2

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

2 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

So did I.   Not the planned Christmas as my son and his partner were stuck in Queensland and not here in WA with us, but it turned out pretty good in the end!    Well apart from the weather.   This heat is slowly cooking me... the older I get the less I like the heat!   Thank goodness for the aircon and pool!

Too cold here.  20.3 max today and yesterday was much cooler.  Very unusual for this time of year…

On 26/12/2021 at 15:09, Bottie said:

A monitor lizard has just sauntered past my patio door … the heat is bringing all the wildlife out … 

Keep that screen door shut Bottie...... 

• Like 1

On 26/12/2021 at 22:52, Quokka2005 said:

My gran was told she needed a pace maker put in, she got one in on Thursday but they’re now saying it’s not worked, I think one of the leads has moved or something. She needs to go back next week ☹️      She wasn’t looking great yesterday but we still managed to have a nice day. I just want it to be sorted for her 

Hope she is OK. x

5 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Hope she is OK. x

We tested her today and it was negative so hopefully she hasn’t caught mums covid.  She’ll get a pcr test at the hospital.  I’ll feel better once the operation has been done, hopefully it works this time! 

• Like 4

Who else remember when we all used to talk to each other on here ?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, simmo said:

IIRC all our talk kept turning to politics and the mods clamped down on us!

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

59 minutes ago, Ken said:

IIRC all our talk kept turning to politics and the mods clamped down on us!

Yet its the definition of "politics" that is determined by the mods, and not necessarily the intent of the poster. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

Yet its the definition of "politics" that is determined by the mods, and not necessarily the intent of the poster. 

There's not much else left to discuss as politics is basically life. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

There's not much else left to discuss as politics is basically life. 

Exactly. It's entwined in most things.

On 29/12/2021 at 01:26, simmo said:

it used to be fun … Pablo was so funny at times … 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bottie said:

it used to be fun … Pablo was so funny at times … 

Yeah he was alright.. a bit of an old woman.  Hope he's ok though.  

I think apart from 1 or 2 there's no real characters.    

What is everyone doing on NYE?  There is a ceilidh at friends' place tonight - they are Scottish.  They've put together a band consisting of 2 fiddle players, an accordian player, a piano player, 2 guitarists and a tin whistle.  Should be a good night.  😁  We will watch the fireworks first then go to their house  ..............  all walking distance away which is very handy after a couple of drams.

The weather is lovely.  25C and clear blue sky.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Toots said:

What is everyone doing on NYE?  There is a ceilidh at friends' place tonight - they are Scottish.  They've put together a band consisting of 2 fiddle players, an accordian player, a piano player, 2 guitarists and a tin whistle.  Should be a good night.  😁  We will watch the fireworks first then go to their house  ..............  all walking distance away which is very handy after a couple of drams.

Looks like the new Indian diner/bar (The Poet) will get the nod.  Forecast a perfect 31C with very low humidity.  

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Nowt! Have seen 80 of them, it is nothing special. Maybe watch a film on tv and then in bed by 9.30 pm 

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobj said:

Nowt! Have seen 80 of them, it is nothing special. Maybe watch a film on tv and then in bed by 9.30 pm 

Cheers, Bobj.

Same here.  NYE celebrations are for young people imho. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobj said:

Cheers, Bobj.

Traditionally, Hogmanay/New Years Day was celebrated more than Christmas in Scotland.  Not so much nowadays.  Christmas was only officially recognised as a public holiday in Scotland in 1958.  The 2nd of Jan is a public holiday there.  Many Scots all over the world still celebrate Hogmany big time.  😀

• Like 1