Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

1 hour ago, Drumbeat said:

God no, who wants to be surrounded by thousands of people in the baking heat?¬†ūüėĪ¬† I'll have a peaceful walk in the Hills when it's cooled down in the evening.

If you live in the hills it will be 10 degrees hotter than the coast anyway. Doesn't even cool down that much in the evening.

What should happen to Ghislaine Maxwell? Guilty or not guilty?

They don't much around in the US. If she is guilty she could get 20 years in prison.

• Confused 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

30 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

If you live in the hills it will be 10 degrees hotter than the coast anyway. Doesn't even cool down that much in the evening.

It might be a couple of degrees hotter through the day but we normally have a cool breeze in the evening. It's worth it for the peace and quiet - although the black cockatoos have been a bit noisy the last couple of days .

• Like 2

42 degrees will be throughly disgusting. Nobody I know is looking forward to it. We won’t go outside till after 5 and then we will stay outside enjoying the balmy evening till late. (Very best bit about stinking hot days) 

The kitchen will be uncomfortable so I might do the turkey overnight. We are having traditional roast dinner, tried the salads thing but everybody wanted gravy on their meat and roasties, pigs in blankets etc so it morphed into a weird mix. Just stick to what we know and love. 

The beach is great but not on Christmas Day, can’t think of much worse. Christmas Eve evening is when we go for sunset and drinks. Christmas’s Day is for home. Pool if you’re lucky (we’re not!) 

The beach is definitely the best place to stay cool on those hot days though. You barely notice the heat once you’re there and in the breeze. I always think it needs to be at least 32 plus for a good comfortable day at the beach. 

5 minutes ago, Drumbeat said:

It might be a couple of degrees hotter through the day but we normally have a cool breeze in the evening. It's worth it for the peace and quiet - although the black cockatoos have been a bit noisy the last couple of days .

Whereabouts are you? I love the hills. We looked around at houses a few years back but decided too far from the coast plus the extra heat is noticeable 

8 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Whereabouts are you? I love the hills. We looked around at houses a few years back but decided too far from the coast plus the extra heat is noticeable 

Up Greenmount Hill, we love it here although still planning to move interstate next year

Edited by Drumbeat
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Just means beaches will be more packed earlier around Perth. What do people think? Everyone stays in with the curtains closed and aircon onūü§£.

Just keep going for a dip if you get hot and have another beer or glass of champagne.

42 dry heat, next to no humidity will be just fine.

I’m sure the atmosphere will be nice but having to sit covered under an umbrella for the duration isn’t my idea of fun.  Even good suncream won’t stop you getting burnt/tanned (there’s no such thing as a healthy tan, it is sun damage)  having to get there by 7am? Surely most like to get up when they want, spend time opening presents/watching excited kids opening presents and then do whatever they fancy.  Having a cold drink on the beach sounds nice but unless you live within walking distance then someone’s got to drive and won’t be enjoying another fizz.  That’s the same as any situation you drive somewhere on Christmas Day though so nothing to do with the weather.  I know people like to chat/play cricket on the beach and that’s nice but it won’t be easy in those temperatures without a lot of sun burnt people and it won’t feel comfortable for many.  The cool dip sounds nice but then it’s straight back under your sun protection.  Each to their own though and I’m sure you will have a great day, enjoy.  It will be a high of 9 degrees here and rain is forecast so definitely not ideal for me either.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I’m sure the atmosphere will be nice but having to sit covered under an umbrella for the duration isn’t my idea of fun.  Even good suncream won’t stop you getting burnt/tanned (there’s no such thing as a healthy tan, it is sun damage)  having to get there by 7am? Surely most like to get up when they want, spend time opening presents/watching excited kids opening presents and then do whatever they fancy.  Having a cold drink on the beach sounds nice but unless you live within walking distance then someone’s got to drive and won’t be enjoying another fizz.  That’s the same as any situation you drive somewhere on Christmas Day though so nothing to do with the weather.  I know people like to chat/play cricket on the beach and that’s nice but it won’t be easy in those temperatures without a lot of sun burnt people and it won’t feel comfortable for many.  The cool dip sounds nice but then it’s straight back under your sun protection.  Each to their own though and I’m sure you will have a great day, enjoy.  It will be a high of 9 degrees here and rain is forecast so definitely not ideal for me either.  

I can only speak for the Spit at Mooloolaba beach, but it’s a really popular way to spend Christmas Day, with a lovely family atmosphere. People are totally organised, everyone is sensible with shade organised and  some set up quite extensive awnings, some even decorate them, bring tables and chairs, some have small bbqs, eskies are full of food for the day, people dip in and out of the sea, play beach games and have a really good time enjoying the Sunshine Coast beach lifestyle, nothing like the miserable impression above. It doesn’t get as hot as Perth, but can be in the low 30’s. Even if you don’t want to spend the day on the beach, having a dip on Christmas morning is a great start to the day. On the whole if you live in Qld, you are used to the sunshine and climate and respect it, and children wear protective tops and hats. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

42 degrees will be throughly disgusting. Nobody I know is looking forward to it. We won’t go outside till after 5 and then we will stay outside enjoying the balmy evening till late. (Very best bit about stinking hot days) 

The kitchen will be uncomfortable so I might do the turkey overnight. We are having traditional roast dinner, tried the salads thing but everybody wanted gravy on their meat and roasties, pigs in blankets etc so it morphed into a weird mix. Just stick to what we know and love. 

The beach is great but not on Christmas Day, can’t think of much worse. Christmas Eve evening is when we go for sunset and drinks. Christmas’s Day is for home. Pool if you’re lucky (we’re not!) 

The beach is definitely the best place to stay cool on those hot days though. You barely notice the heat once you’re there and in the breeze. I always think it needs to be at least 32 plus for a good comfortable day at the beach. 

Can you not BBQ the turkey?

• Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

5 hours ago, Drumbeat said:

Up Greenmount Hill, we love it here although still planning to move interstate next year

I used to train riding my bike up and down greenmount. You can get over 80kph on the bike going downhill. Speedo only went up to 80kph. Like the area. Gooseberry hill too - like the name, can't remember what the area is like.

Edited by newjez
  • Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

1 hour ago, ramot said:

I can only speak for the Spit at Mooloolaba beach, but it’s a really popular way to spend Christmas Day, with a lovely family atmosphere. People are totally organised, everyone is sensible with shade organised and  some set up quite extensive awnings, some even decorate them, bring tables and chairs, some have small bbqs, eskies are full of food for the day, people dip in and out of the sea, play beach games and have a really good time enjoying the Sunshine Coast beach lifestyle, nothing like the miserable impression above. It doesn’t get as hot as Perth, but can be in the low 30’s. Even if you don’t want to spend the day on the beach, having a dip on Christmas morning is a great start to the day. On the whole if you live in Qld, you are used to the sunshine and climate and respect it, and children wear protective tops and hats. 

It sounds lovely and low 30’s sounds more manageable than low/mid 40’s.  Enjoy.

I've just been to the city for first time in ages for the Christmas lights in Perth. Walked all over Incuding Northbridge. Just coming home on train now with my teenage son. I didn't see any drug affected people at all just a few rowdy Indigenous folks. Spotted some homeless, maybe 4 or 5 individuals. So sad. Very busy. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, newjez said:

Can you not BBQ the turkey?

Not on my ancient bbq. Too stingy to invest in a Weber. It’s on the cards for our new house. 

17 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I don't know why this reminds me of Hilda Ogden, but it does. 8 whinges in one paragraph.

Edited by beketamun
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ramot said:

Mooloolaba's lovely, down that bottom end past the Surf Club, all the dog walkers, joggers and little coffee places.  Would make a great Xmas Day. 

Coolongatta's another good one, lots of grass to set up on at the back of the beach.  We 're on Far South Coast, so nothing like the density of people or facilities, but i like it like that.  We were only at Pambula last week and had the beach to ourselves, the most people we saw in 7 days was no more than 25 at one time.  We always say that if this was in England, there would be 25,000 people sitting on top of each other and nowhere to park.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Parley said:

They don't much around in the US. If she is guilty she could get 20 years in prison.

She has very powerful “ friends “ … 

21 hours ago, Parley said:

She has money and connections so even if she's found guilty her sentence won't be that much.

Pity they didn't catch her Dad and jail him for 20 years. They couldn't touch the money after he died and the rest of the family waltzed away with millions.

1 minute ago, Paul1Perth said:

She has money and connections so even if she's found guilty her sentence won't be that much.

Pity they didn't catch her Dad and jail him for 20 years. They couldn't touch the money after he died and the rest of the family waltzed away with millions.

I disagree. I think they will throw the book at her.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You don't sit under an umbrella for the duration. You're in and out, having a chat, having a swim, might fetch the paddle boards from the club. Takes 2 min to put up a brolly, you make it sound like a real chore.

I have a tan the whole year round, just more at this time of year. Can't remember the last time I was burnt though, much more conscious of the sun and because we get so much of it tend be more careful.

I'm sure most people do like to sit around and open prezzies and take their time. There's also hundreds, maybe thousands who know that if they live a car drive away they won't get a close car park after 7. We could walk from our place in 10 minutes but our friends live way closer, so we park at their place. It's only 5 mins, if that, in the car and we'll have a big eski.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ramot said:

Same here. My eldests best mate and family live in Mooloolaba now. We keep meaning to go over and visit. It is nice there.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

I disagree. I think they will throw the book at her.

I agree. Hopefully anyway. 

1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

I agree. Hopefully anyway. 

Yes. If her supposed powerful friends (who are they that they can corrupt judges?) are that powerful she wouldn't have been on remand the last 6 months, she would have been out on bail.

11 minutes ago, Parley said:

Yes. If her supposed powerful friends (who are they that they can corrupt judges?) are that powerful she wouldn't have been on remand the last 6 months, she would have been out on bail.

Guilty as sin. Crimes against her own sex. Filthy depraved woman. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Parley said:

55 minutes ago, Parley said:

they have got to be seen doing the right thing … possibly won’t be a second “ suicide “ … 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/12/2021 at 01:15, simmo said:

that's very sad.  How did it die?

Hi I’m not an arborist but years of drought has killed hundreds of thousands of trees.  A pity the one to its left which looks far worse didn’t fall down too.  The laneway is still blocked…

• Haha 1