Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

16 minutes ago, Blue Flu said:

Enormous issue down South (besides metro area) so you could be right. I wonder how much of Australia's GDP is down to meth production? It's everywhere.

No it isn't everywhere. I have never seen it anywhere.

• Like 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

54 minutes ago, Parley said:

No it isn't everywhere. I have never seen it anywhere.

You possibly don't know what to look for .Or perhaps your area is not  engulfed with the stuff. Then lucky you. Even the Venezuelan server in the tapis  bar the other night said as much which was echoed by a lawyer I contacted recently as well as a few estate agents. I am talking WA but we are hardly alone.  

3 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

Enormous issue down South (besides metro area) so you could be right. I wonder how much of Australia's GDP is down to meth production? It's everywhere.

He was from Perth. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bottie said:

Please can anyone help me ? … for the last three years I have made a Pavlova for the family Christmas pudding … no problems crispy and white in colour … this year about to make my third attempt … I have done nothing different but the meringue is turning brown before it is cooked … and not a hint of brown on the peaks … but almost milk chocolate and gets darker the longer it cooks … if I could remember how to post photographs I would … I use white wine vinegar that is three years old … kept in the fridge until I need it the amount I need I allow to reach room temperature … could this be the problem , is the vinegar too old ? … 

an hour in cooking my third Pavlova … shiny White meringue … used a new vinegar … 

• Like 6
  • Congratulations 1

On 11/12/2021 at 06:47, Ken said:

Yes it's the classic business model to sell you the machines at low prices and then be a monopoly supplier of the pods at high prices. Same as with ink jet printers except the market in compatible pods is yet to take off.

Lavazza capsules are 20p each from Amazon.

• Like 1

What is all this adblue stuff in the news?

Is it only an issue in Australia or world wide? Are the Chinese punishing us again?

Does it affect diesel cars or only trucks?

48 minutes ago, Parley said:

What is all this adblue stuff in the news?

Is it only an issue in Australia or world wide? Are the Chinese punishing us again?

Does it affect diesel cars or only trucks?

Rising demand for crops in China. 

The same ingredient in AdBlue is also in Fertiliser

to take advantage of rising demand for crops farmers using more fertiliser 

fertiliser prices ricketing

china want to stop that inflation so ban exports. 

Since Australia got most of their AdBlue from China they need to source it from elsewhere.  Temporary blip I would imagine.  

Though rather inconvenient if you happen to be running out.  I know my car is electronically restricted and won’t start if AdBlue runs out.  

Edited by FirstWorldProblems
  • Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

4 minutes ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

Rising demand for crops in China. 

The same ingredient in AdBlue is also in Fertiliser

to take advantage of rising demand for crops farmers using more fertiliser 

fertiliser prices ricketing

china want to stop that inflation so ban exports. 

Since Australia got most of their AdBlue from China they need to source it from elsewhere.  Temporary blip I would imagine.  

Though rather inconvenient if you happen to be running out.  I know my car is electronically restricted and won’t start if AdBlue runs out.  

Is it a separate little container for it like with your windscreen washer?

4 minutes ago, Parley said:

Is it a separate little container for it like with your windscreen washer?

Yeah. It’s generally housed behind the fuel filler flap. A separate, smaller aperture reservoir.  I had to fill mine a few weeks ago. Car is at 10,000 miles. I think I paid £9 from Halfords for a big plastic container of the stuff. The container comes with a flexible nozzle that screws on the cap and inserts into the reservoir, so no need for a funnel.   It was very easy.  Zero mess.  I’m sure car dealers would charge £50 for doing it for you 🤨

*correction £15 for 10 litres 

Edited by FirstWorldProblems
  • Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

We had our Pfizer booster jabs yesterday. So far I’ve had no reaction, husband feels wiped out. He has never had a reaction before, whereas I had a reaction to my first AstraZeneca, Will be interesting how he reacts as he isn’t used to feeling under the weather, hasn’t got up  and gone back to sleep. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ramot said:

We had our Pfizer booster jabs yesterday. So far I’ve had no reaction, husband feels wiped out. He has never had a reaction before, whereas I had a reaction to my first AstraZeneca, Will be interesting how he reacts as he isn’t used to feeling under the weather, hasn’t got up  and gone back to sleep. 

Hope your husband feels a lot better later today.

We are locking up the house and taking a leisurely drive down the west coast to arrive this time next week at our friends' place for Christmas.  The dog is coming too.  Neighbour's daughter keeping an eye on the horses.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone and "see" you in the New Year.  😀

xmas1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Toots said:

We are locking up the house and taking a leisurely drive down the west coast to arrive this time next week at our friends' place for Christmas.  The dog is coming too.  Neighbour's daughter keeping an eye on the horses.

xmas1.jpg

Happy Christmas to you and your family …

19 minutes ago, Toots said:

xmas1.jpg

Safe trip 

Horrible news of at least 1 child killed in Tasmania when a bouncy castle took off into the air and several children fell from it at height.

How horrible to deal with. The last day of primary school and a celebration. Sounds like negligence by someone that the thing could take off 10 meters into the air.

Edited by Parley
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Toots said:

xmas1.jpg

Have a safe drive and have a lovely Christmas.

We have just made the hard decision to cancel going to Sydney to spend Christmas with our daughter😢 The main problem as we see it, is what do we do if the worst scenario we test positive before we are due to return, we don’t stay with our daughter, flat too small, would have to leave our rental, and quarantine somewhere quickly. 

15 minutes ago, Parley said:

Horrible news of at least 1 child killed in Tasmania when a bouncy castle took off into the air and several children fell from it at height.

That’s awful, just seen it on the news, poor families 

2 hours ago, ramot said:

He must feel rough, still asleep, and missing watching cricket🏏

6 minutes ago, ramot said:

He must feel rough, still asleep, and missing watching cricket🏏

He probably just wants an excuse to watch cricket in bed for the next 5 days?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parley said:

How horrible to deal with. The last day of primary school and a celebration. Sounds like negligence by someone that the thing could take off 10 meters into the air.

I see four kids have now died and many injured.  It’s heartbreaking. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Absolutely heartbreaking

• Sad 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 13/12/2021 at 18:15, HappyHeart said:

He was from Perth. 

Not sure the relevance of that. 

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Such a freak call of nature. Four others, I believe with very serious injury. Last day at primary school as well. What I thing to happen at anytime, but so close to Christmas , even more so. will the festive season ever be anything but a sad reminder for those parents impacted for the rest of their lives?  

• Like 1

Qantas will start flights from Perth directly to Italy next year. How good is that? Just need the right conditions now to take advantage. My expectations is that travel will not be on the cards next year. Three years lost. 

On a more positive note Perth CBD looking far better. Many more people about. It seems the Mayor's call for a safer and more attractive Perth, is starting to have some impact. Yagan Square, I believe is going to have a permanent police presence. Not as many of the usual unruly mob around today.  I didn't notice any homeless come to think of it, and only a few meth impacted souls. Lets hope it's a sign of better things. Obviously after dark, could be a totally different thing. 

What's with the weather? A spot of rain and cloud and cool? More the same tomorrow. At least the British Beach Party going to tomorrow evening will feel more like the real thing. 

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Five 

• Sad 1