Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

19 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Huge bushfire in SW WA, wiped out over 5000 hectares of pristine National Park destroyed. The stunning Boranup Forest, my favourite place in the world. Very close to our new home which luckily is not yet built. Devastating. Haven’t heard from my neighbour. Praying everyone stays safe. 
We should have been going down tomorrow to camp…

Hope everyone  and everything is ok xM

Edited by ramot
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, ramot said:

Hope everyone  and everything is ok xM

Thank you. I’m absolutely devastated and it’s totally brought home to me what people go through when their homes are impacted. Till it happens to you you can’t relate fully (and it hasn’t even taken anything from me- just impacting our second home/a beautiful community that we plan to move to soon) We know people/places/ it’s our community. We feel part of it. Sorry for rambling just really feeling it. The wildlife, the forest. The homes under threat. Peoples livelihood. A man is missing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

Thank you. I’m absolutely devastated and it’s totally brought home to me what people go through when their homes are impacted. Till it happens to you you can’t relate fully (and it hasn’t even taken anything from me- just impacting our second home/a beautiful community that we plan to move to soon) We know people/places/ it’s our community. We feel part of it. Sorry for rambling just really feeling it. The wildlife, the forest. The homes under threat. Peoples livelihood. A man is missing. 

I remember watching the bushfire’s over east on the news and finding it very upsetting to see … and wondering how you came back from that … then the Wooroloo bushfire last year … spending several nights on my verandah to worried to sleep watching the fire in the distance stretching from left to right as far as I could see … I live half way up a high hill and could see for miles … all it would take was the wind to change direction … it was heart breaking , 84 homes destroyed plus buildings … such destruction … it is coming back , the eucalyptus trees and grass trees recovering slowly … the grass and wild flowers … people rebuilding … everyone pulled together helping those affected by the fire … and here we are again … 

• Like 4

4:50 am and woken by biblical rain.  Going to be a long day  and flash flooding for sure 

• Sad 1

Congratulations to Boris and Carrie on the birth of their daughter. 

• Congratulations 2

On 06/12/2021 at 14:53, Cup Final 1973 said:

Just bought a Lavazza Jolie coffee pods machine for £39.50.  Makes excellent espresso.

image.jpg

They are good, but the pods do tend to add up 

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

6 hours ago, Bulya said:

4:50 am and woken by biblical rain.  Going to be a long day  and flash flooding for sure 

Looked like we had a fair bit of rain overnight but nice today.

much cooler today and the fire danger is not so high … but the bushfire down south is still out of control … as you can probably tell although I have been here since 2013 the threat of bushfires worries me … I am prepared and have a bushfire plan … maybe the worry will ease in time I hope so … 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bottie said:

much cooler today and the fire danger is not so high … but the bushfire down south is still out of control … as you can probably tell although I have been here since 2013 the threat of bushfires worries me … I am prepared and have a bushfire plan … maybe the worry will ease in time I hope so … 

Stay safe 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 07:54, newjez said:

They are good, but the pods do tend to add up 

Yes it's the classic business model to sell you the machines at low prices and then be a monopoly supplier of the pods at high prices. Same as with ink jet printers except the market in compatible pods is yet to take off.

• Like 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

I used to have a Nespresso machine but really I don't think the pods are any substitute for a proper machine.

I bought a Breville Dual Boiler and absolutely love it.

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

The pods are too small. I need 3 just for one cup

• Like 1

Heard that one of Queensland’s favourite Chrissy foods, mud crabs,  is $60 each! Had one last night for nuffun’.a mate got 7, kept 3 and gave the nexties 1 each…

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 4

Strike Force Vulcan believe the Margaret River bushfire was deliberately lit … 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Bottie said:

Strike Force Vulcan believe the Margaret River bushfire was deliberately lit … 

It was the guy who was missing. I think police obviously had concerns as people told not to approach him if seen.  Kicked off at a campsite making threats, having a MH episode? Then sped off in his car, made threats to burn the area. I believe his car was found burned out but he hasn’t been found. 

1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

It was the guy who was missing. I think police obviously had concerns as people told not to approach him if seen.  Kicked off at a campsite making threats, having a MH episode? Then sped off in his car, made threats to burn the area. I believe his car was found burned out but he hasn’t been found. 

Probs high on meth.

• Like 1

I know no one will care but……

after three years of not seeing the family and all kind of obstacles to travel, we made it to Sydney for an emotional reunion with the wife’s mother.  

looking forward to exiting 3 days of home isolation and seeing everyone else - maybe by then it will have warmed up a bit 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 3

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

31 minutes ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

I know no one will care but……

after three years of not seeing the family and all kind of obstacles to travel, we made it to Sydney for an emotional reunion with the wife’s mother.  

looking forward to exiting 3 days of home isolation and seeing everyone else - maybe by then it will have warmed up a bit 😀

Congratulations, I understand how you feel not seeing family for 3 years , hopefully February for us 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Congratulations, I understand how you feel not seeing family for 3 years , hopefully February for us 

Thanks. Good luck to you.  

• Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

Never thought I'd remotely contemplate it but found myself looking at properties in The Sunshine Coast this morning. It seems there is a charge of Southerners (I suspect) snapping up most anything that enters the market almost immediately. Hence prices reflecting that. The obscenity that has engulfed the property market thanks to external stimulation is something I fear of long lasting consequences, however it turns out.  

On 12/12/2021 at 01:47, simmo said:

Probs high on meth.

Is that down to climate change 😂

• Like 1

Please can anyone help me ? … for the last three years I have made a Pavlova for the family Christmas pudding … no problems crispy and white in colour … this year about to make my third attempt … I have done nothing different but the meringue is turning brown before it is cooked … and not a hint of brown on the peaks … but almost milk chocolate and gets darker the longer it cooks … if I could remember how to post photographs I would … I use white wine vinegar that is three years old … kept in the fridge until I need it the amount I need I allow to reach room temperature … could this be the problem , is the vinegar too old ? … 

1 hour ago, Bottie said:

Please can anyone help me ? … for the last three years I have made a Pavlova for the family Christmas pudding … no problems crispy and white in colour … this year about to make my third attempt … I have done nothing different but the meringue is turning brown before it is cooked … and not a hint of brown on the peaks … but almost milk chocolate and gets darker the longer it cooks … if I could remember how to post photographs I would … I use white wine vinegar that is three years old … kept in the fridge until I need it the amount I need I allow to reach room temperature … could this be the problem , is the vinegar too old ? … 

Could the thermostat on your oven be a bit out Bottie?   I have had that issue before with my previous oven and Pavlova.  

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

1 minute ago, Rossmoyne said:

Could the thermostat on your oven be a bit out Bottie?   I have had that issue before with my previous oven and Pavlova.  

I tried cooking it at a lower temperature after Googling Pavlovas but the second time the browning was worse … if all else fails it will have to be one from Woolworths … we love them crispy with a little softness in the middle but cannot serve brown soggy one ! …

On 11/12/2021 at 22:47, simmo said:

Probs high on meth.

Enormous issue down South (besides metro area) so you could be right. I wonder how much of Australia's GDP is down to meth production? It's everywhere.

• Like 1