Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

7 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Overall the views expressed here tend to be black and white but, as the heading provides... nobody cares.  Everyone has an opinion, nobody is an expert on the subject matter and nobody can claim righteousness overall.  

"I Know No One Will Care" is exactly the outcome. No need in my view, to create a new discussion thread as some have suggested. 

I blame Guest33730 🤣🤣

Edited by Lavers
  • Haha 2

On a lighter note, I went and got my Christmas tree today.  It’s standing in a bucket of water on the patio until I put my decorations up on Sunday. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

On a lighter note, I went and got my Christmas tree today.  It’s standing in a bucket of water on the patio until I put my decorations up on Sunday. 

I put mine up Monday. I have a real tree here in the uk. Smells fabulous!

3 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

I put mine up Monday. I have a real tree here in the uk. Smells fabulous!

It has to be a real one.  Nothing beats it and the smell is lovely.  

26 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

It has to be a real one.  Nothing beats it and the smell is lovely.  

I must admit I had a fake one in australia, just because it’s warm for a cut tree,  but I didn’t like the type of tree they had and I don’t care how much they sprayed them, I had enough huntsmen spiders as it was without introducing more of the beggars. 😂

I haven't one up for years but I like a living tree in a pot that stays in the garden and gets dragged in every year.

I had one but the downside is being in a pot it needs a lot of water, and mine died in the end,

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

28 minutes ago, Parley said:

I haven't one up for years but I like a living tree in a pot that stays in the garden and gets dragged in every year.

I had one but the downside is being in a pot it needs a lot of water, and mine died in the end,

I just buy one each year.  They’re not expensive.  I got a 6 foot one and it was £25.   I have a water stand it sits in and even though it is put right next to a radiator (no choice, small lounge) they always stay looking fresh.  They do drop a few needles but it takes seconds to hoover them up and so worth it. 

• Like 1

I know no one will care but........

I received a call to say that the stem cells I anonymously donated on Monday were successfully transplanted into a young lady in France.  Knowing just that lit bit of detail makes it all seem more real and I felt quite emotional hearing the news.   Hopefully she can now beat her blood cancer or at least get a few more precious months and years with her family.  Science is amazing and the Doctors, Nurses and other healthcare professionals who make such things happen are wonderful

Bonne Chance Madame/Mademoiselle!   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Congratulations 4

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

On 01/12/2021 at 17:41, calNgary said:

I will just post again in a slightly bigger font for those struggling with their eyesight who seemed to miss the above.

Enough with the personal comments. You are spoiling a nice lighthearted thread that has been going for years. Posts will be removed and infractions given if this continues.

Cal x

We've had to remove a number of political posts - a reminder that this is a lighthearted thread that has been running for a number of years - it would be a shame to have to close it.

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 03/12/2021 at 21:17, FirstWorldProblems said:

I know no one will care but........

I received a call to say that the stem cells I anonymously donated on Monday were successfully transplanted into a young lady in France.  Knowing just that lit bit of detail makes it all seem more real and I felt quite emotional hearing the news.   Hopefully she can now beat her blood cancer or at least get a few more precious months and years with her family.  Science is amazing and the Doctors, Nurses and other healthcare professionals who make such things happen are wonderful

Bonne Chance Madame/Mademoiselle!   

I used to work in the blood cancer specialty on arrival to Perth. Shocking disease. Too many youngsters. When stem cell transplants work they are truly life changing. Good on you. 

Edited by HappyHeart
  • Thanks 2

Just had a fabulously relaxing 2 night break in the SW of WA with my beautiful daughter. Both of us had a lot of challenges this year so this was the perfect pre Christmas treat. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

I used to work in the blood cancer specialty on arrival to Perth. Shocking disease. Too many youngsters. When stem cell transplants work they are truly life changing. Good on you. 

Good on YOU. My role was minor.  What a wonderful job to do.  You must have made a difference to so many people.  I’d imagine it’s a very tough but very rewarding job.  I certainly wouldn’t have the strength 

• Thanks 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

1 minute ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

Good on YOU. My role was minor.  What a wonderful job to do.  You must have made a difference to so many people.  I’d imagine it’s a very tough but very rewarding job.  I certainly wouldn’t have the strength 

Nah, the donors and patients are the real stars. The actual transplant is no more than a blood transfusion. Feels a little underwhelming to administer but still a very big and nerve wracking time. These patients need superhuman strength to endure the pre and post treatment which is quite horrific.

Some of those guys are very firmly implanted in my memory. What a welcome to Australian nursing. Baptism of fire. 

• Like 2

Looking at new coffee machines. Mine still works, but it's only a matter of time.

I've seen them from £50 to nearly £1000.

I just like an espresso with a nice crema. Not into all that fancy stuff. Don't even use my milk frother.

Is there any justification for spending over £50?

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Any F1 fans down under?

One more race in the season this weekend in Abu Dhabi.

Lewis and Max equal on points on what many have called the most exciting F1 season in history. 

Will Lewis win a record breaking 8th world championship or will Max win his first WC in the red bull? 

I reckon it's going to be a controversial last race, whatever happens. 

I just can't get into the Christmas vibe this year.... so unusual as I am usually right into it from the 1st December when my tree exits the loft and is erected in the lounge.  I didn't dare have a tree last Christmas as I had just rescued 2 kittens, and 12 week old kitties and Christmas trees didn't fit together..... so not sure whether to give it a go this year as they are little terrors still!   It isn't just about the Christmas tree though, as I just don't feel it... probably because my son and his partner in Queensland can't get here to join us....  Anyhow I got the Christmas card box out the cupboard this evening.   Is anyone else feeling less than enthused with getting ready for Christmas this year, or is it just me?

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

20 hours ago, newjez said:

Looking at new coffee machines. Mine still works, but it's only a matter of time.

I've seen them from £50 to nearly £1000.

I just like an espresso with a nice crema. Not into all that fancy stuff. Don't even use my milk frother.

Is there any justification for spending over £50?

Just bought a Lavazza Jolie coffee pods machine for £39.50.  Makes excellent espresso.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Rossmoyne said:

I just can't get into the Christmas vibe this year.... so unusual as I am usually right into it from the 1st December when my tree exits the loft and is erected in the lounge.  I didn't dare have a tree last Christmas as I had just rescued 2 kittens, and 12 week old kitties and Christmas trees didn't fit together..... so not sure whether to give it a go this year as they are little terrors still!   It isn't just about the Christmas tree though, as I just don't feel it... probably because my son and his partner in Queensland can't get here to join us....  Anyhow I got the Christmas card box out the cupboard this evening.   Is anyone else feeling less than enthused with getting ready for Christmas this year, or is it just me?

It's because you are missing out on a number of key components such as being in the northern hemisphere, winter, darkness, cold days, Christmas jumpers and scalves, Christmas markets, British Christmas adverts etc etc ;d 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Less interest then usual.  Far more important things right now than some pagan festival.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Red Rose said:

It's because you are missing out on a number of key components such as being in the northern hemisphere, winter, darkness, cold days, Christmas jumpers and scalves, Christmas markets, British Christmas adverts etc etc ;d 

Never really felt the Christmas feeling in Australia. Hot wine. German Christmas Markets, Snow, and so on. Some how floating in the Indian Ocean wearing A Christmas Cap, while funny to newcomers,  doesn't replace the loss of a more authentic traditional Christmas celebration. 

• Haha 1

Don't think there was much snow around when Jesus was born.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

12 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Any F1 fans down under?

One more race in the season this weekend in Abu Dhabi.

Lewis and Max equal on points on what many have called the most exciting F1 season in history. 

Will Lewis win a record breaking 8th world championship or will Max win his first WC in the red bull? 

I reckon it's going to be a controversial last race, whatever happens. 

It's going to go down in history just like Suzuka 1989 (Prost crashed with Senna to win the title); Suzuka 1990 (Senna crashed with Prost to win the title); Adelaide 1994 (Schumacher crashed with Hill to win the title) and Jerez 1997 (Schumacher crashed with Villeneuve in an attempt to win the title but failed and got disqualified from the championship).

Edited by Ken

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

8 hours ago, Ken said:

It's going to go down in history just like Suzuka 1989 (Prost crashed with Senna to win the title); Suzuka 1990 (Senna crashed with Prost to win the title); Adelaide 1994 (Schumacher crashed with Hill to win the title) and Jerez 1997 (Schumacher crashed with Villeneuve in an attempt to win the title but failed and got disqualified from the championship).

If Max Verstappen was to "accidently" clip Lewis Hamilton and take him out, he will win the Championship even if they both crash because even though they are level on points Max has more wins. It will be the highest stakes F1 race in years. 

52 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

If Max Verstappen was to "accidently" clip Lewis Hamilton and take him out, he will win the Championship even if they both crash because even though they are level on points Max has more wins. It will be the highest stakes F1 race in years. 

He'll try and take him out at the first corner and blame it on the melee.

Huge bushfire in SW WA, wiped out over 5000 hectares of pristine National Park destroyed. The stunning Boranup Forest, my favourite place in the world. Very close to our new home which luckily is not yet built. Devastating. Haven’t heard from my neighbour. Praying everyone stays safe. 
We should have been going down tomorrow to camp…

• Sad 1