Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

1 hour ago, Dusty Plains said:

Is the EU now a French Condominium?

The town of Condom is a lovely place in France to holiday. French language makes more sense obviously while we are on the subject Preservative being the Anglo translation of the French word.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

The percentage of deaths to numbers vaccinated was never adequately stated.

Nor danger to unvaccinated of the vaccinated, nor the numbers of fully vaccinated languishing  in hospitals ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Flu said:

Nor danger to unvaccinated of the vaccinated, nor the numbers of fully vaccinated languishing  in hospitals ....

They would also bang on about the efficacy rate based on how effective it was a few weeks after injection. Yes in that time scale AZ is less effective than Pfizer but Pfizer loses effectiveness after 6 months while AZ lasts for 9 months so which one really has the better efficacy rate?

By the way the reason the French vaccine might not get approval is because it's going to be made in Scotland. There's a concern that all the anti-bodies with gather in one arm and demand a referendum on independence from the rest of the body.

Edited by Ken
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

On 10/11/2021 at 20:15, calNgary said:

Just a little reminder that this is a thread for lighthearted topics , can we all agree to disagree if necessary and let the thread get back to what its intended for please.

Thanks

Cal x

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

11 hours ago, Ken said:

They would also bang on about the efficacy rate based on how effective it was a few weeks after injection. Yes in that time scale AZ is less effective than Pfizer but Pfizer loses effectiveness after 6 months while AZ lasts for 9 months so which one really has the better efficacy rate?

By the way the reason the French vaccine might not get approval is because it's going to be made in Scotland. There's a concern that all the anti-bodies with gather in one arm and demand a referendum on independence from the rest of the body.

Made in Scotland? Your surely not suggesting that The Scots are working hand in glove with the Sassenachs across the border in order to undermine the Fifth French Republic and/or indeed the EU.?   

21 minutes ago, Blue Flu said:

Made in Scotland? Your surely not suggesting that The Scots are working hand in glove with the Sassenachs across the border in order to undermine the Fifth French Republic and/or indeed the EU.?   

The  Valneva vaccine was going to be produced in Livingston in Scotland, he's suggesting (tongue in cheek) that's why the Westminster parliament is undermining it

2 hours ago, welljock said:

The  Valneva vaccine was going to be produced in Livingston in Scotland, he's suggesting (tongue in cheek) that's why the Westminster parliament is undermining it

Yep the Sassenachs feeling undermined . 

IKNWC…but 🥳🥳🥳 our container arrived from 🇦🇺 yesterday after EIGHT months.  No mould or mildew thank heavens and only one casualty, the glass of a picture broken.    However,  clothes which were supposedly in a hanging wardrobe were actually flat packed.  Trousers and jackets look like concertinas and are unwearable.  According to Palmers removals, we should have been informed clothes would be packed in this way.  Needless to say we weren’t!  Another black mark Palmers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

IKNWC…but 🥳🥳🥳 our container arrived from 🇦🇺 yesterday after EIGHT months.  No mould or mildew thank heavens and only one casualty, the glass of a picture broken.    However,  clothes which were supposedly in a hanging wardrobe were actually flat packed.  Trousers and jackets look like concertinas and are unwearable.  According to Palmers removals, we should have been informed clothes would be packed in this way.  Needless to say we weren’t!  Another black mark Palmers!

Can you not just wash and iron them? We only brought 8+ boxes over in a shared container but clothes did have to be folded, they all washed and ironed fine, although we didnt end up wearing half of them,lol.

Its great you finally got everything though with minimal damage too.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

2 hours ago, calNgary said:

Can you not just wash and iron them? We only brought 8+ boxes over in a shared container but clothes did have to be folded, they all washed and ironed fine, although we didnt end up wearing half of them,lol.

Its great you finally got everything though with minimal damage too.

Cal x

No problem with the dressers but jackets and wool trousers will have to be cleaned.  I just hope that works but I know what you mean about not wearing half of them.  I’m already wondering what on earth I brought some of our stuff half-way round the world for!

• Haha 1

Iknowcb.... Almost two months into my job now. It was really full on and overwhelming to start with, and still is, just getting less so (very slowly). The amount I need to learn and the skills I need to learn are insane, I haven't practiced or got confident in most things still but I'm due to go in the numbers soon so as long as I ask for help/support when I need to then it should be fine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Congratulations 1

9 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Iknowcb.... Almost two months into my job now. It was really full on and overwhelming to start with, and still is, just getting less so (very slowly). The amount I need to learn and the skills I need to learn are insane, I haven't practiced or got confident in most things still but I'm due to go in the numbers soon so as long as I ask for help/support when I need to then it should be fine. 

How long are you supernumerary for?  The best practitioners are the ones who ask if they're not sure, you'll soon start feeling confident.

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I know most Aussies don't care about rugby union but....that was an 8th straight loss to Eddie Jones's England. I miss the Wallabies teams from the 90's (with the likes of Campese et al) when the rivalry with England was a lot closer and more intense. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

I know most Aussies don't care about rugby union but....that was an 8th straight loss to Eddie Jones's England. I miss the Wallabies teams from the 90's (with the likes of Campese et al) when the rivalry with England was a lot closer and more intense. 

You do realise 5 top players decided Japan etc was more important and then they lost two props to injury.  England should have won by at least 20, it wasn’t a great performance 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bulya said:

You do realise 5 top players decided Japan etc was more important and then they lost two props to injury.  England should have won by at least 20, it wasn’t a great performance 

As they say, you can only beat what is in front of you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bulya said:

Here we go again……………

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lavers said:

As they say, you can only beat what is in front of you.

Agreed.  It’s such a minor game in Australia though and shrinking.  No participants, no interest, no money.  Australia does have the best rugby players in the world, but they’re all playing in the NRL…

34 minutes ago, Wa7 said:

Here we go again……………

It wasn’t.  They should have won by at least 20…

5 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Yep. Saw the World Cup  final at Twickenham in early 90's Australia versus England. What A game. Not a Rugby supporter by any means but that was a game and day  to store in the memory.

2 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

Yep. Saw the World Cup  final at Twickenham in early 90's Australia versus England. What A game. Not a Rugby supporter by any means but that was a game and day  to store in the memory.

Australia has the best rugby players in the world, but they don’t play Union…

"flight" Steward has a great career ahead of him.  

20211113_173955.jpg

On 12/11/2021 at 23:38, ali said:

How long are you supernumerary for?  The best practitioners are the ones who ask if they're not sure, you'll soon start feeling confident.

6-8 weeks but Ive needed the 8 haha. It's such a huge responsibility and I wasn't ready yet, but I will be in the numbers soon so we'll see how it goes.

We're going to start putting Aus funds away now each month and hopefully later next year we can look into getting the visa ball rolling.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

Hey
How is everyone? 🙂

Hello , I am well … how are you ? …

• Like 1