Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

16 minutes ago, Parley said:

I do like them but messy to eat as they always fall apart.

Not if they’re properly wrapped. I rarely eat Mexican but I had a great well wrapped burrito from Zambrero. Not sure if they are over East 

We make our own sometimes but I can’t wrap them properly. Probably because I use small wraps not the jumbo ones needed. I do like a wrap but they’re a bit ‘carby’ for me. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Not if they’re properly wrapped. I rarely eat Mexican but I had a great well wrapped burrito from Zambrero. Not sure if they are over East 

We make our own sometimes but I can’t wrap them properly. Probably because I use small wraps not the jumbo ones needed. I do like a wrap but they’re a bit ‘carby’ for me. 

There is a Zambrero here in Devonport.  I enjoy their veggie quesadilla once in a while.

2 minutes ago, Toots said:

There is a Zambrero here in Devonport.  I enjoy their veggie quesadilla once in a while.

another word i need to learn. Probably the same as the others just a different filling.

• Like 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

another word i need to learn. Probably the same as the others just a different filling.

Yes, it's a quesadilla when the filling is mostly cheese and then it's grilled. It's a Mexican Toastie.

Edited by Ken
  • Like 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

On 20/10/2021 at 16:56, Parley said:
1 hour ago, Ken said:

Yes, it's a quesadilla when the filling is mostly cheese and then it's grilled. It's a Mexican Toastie.

You can't beat a good chimichanga 😛

• Haha 2

On 01/10/2021 at 06:57, Parley said:

more a question of when they find his body. A sad case.

@Parley, I see in the news that human remains found in Florida wilderness are confirmed that of Gabby's fiancé.  No surprise really but what a tragic waste of two young lives.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

@Parley, I see in the news that human remains found in Florida wilderness are confirmed that of Gabby's fiancé.  No surprise really but what a tragic waste of two young lives.   

Yes. I had a feeling that would be the outcome. It has happened before. A sad waste of life.

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

14 hours ago, Ken said:

The veggie one I get is full of spicy veggies.  👍  Also a bit of cheese.

quess.jpg

• Like 1

The Queen spent the night in hospital.

Hope she gets well soon.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 11:01, Toots said:

quess.jpg

I'm not sure a Mexican would call that a quesadilla. Not only does it not contain much Cheese but a quesadilla is made either with two tortilla's and the filling between the two or with one tortilla folded in half.

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

8 minutes ago, Ken said:

I'm not sure a Mexican would call that a quesadilla. Not only does it not contain much Cheese but a quesadilla is made either with two tortilla's and the filling between the two or with one tortilla folded in half.

I don't really care as long as it tastes good.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/10/2021 at 11:01, Toots said:

quess.jpg

My kind of food 

On 18/10/2021 at 16:12, Bottie said:

got to be age ! … 

Nah.... I reckon wisdom!

• Thanks 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

I wish the weather in Perth would make up its mind if it is spring or winter!   Lovely warm weekend and today it is back to cold, windy and wet!

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

13 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

I wish the weather in Perth would make up its mind if it is spring or winter!   Lovely warm weekend and today it is back to cold, windy and wet!

37’ on the Sunshine Coast yesterday crazy crazy hot, cooler and storms today.

1 hour ago, ramot said:

37’ on the Sunshine Coast yesterday crazy crazy hot, cooler and storms today.

Thanks @ramot!!!!!    I was chatting to my son on the Goldie this afternoon and we did a skype as he walked on the beach at Currumbin !  I am supposed to be on the Goldie next week for a family wedding.... if Qld let me in of course!!!

1 hour ago, Rossmoyne said:

Thanks @ramot!!!!!    I was chatting to my son on the Goldie this afternoon and we did a skype as he walked on the beach at Currumbin !  I am supposed to be on the Goldie next week for a family wedding.... if Qld let me in of course!!!

I would also like to visit my mother, who is 91. She is as sharp as a tack, active and independent as hell and argumentative to boot as always (no dementia at all) and up there on the "Goldie". I spoke to her recently and had to convince her that if the border opened today, that would mean that the general risk of encountering Covid-19 would reduce significantly through the influx of NSW people into QLD.

But No. NSW = Bad 

We will get there eventually.

Edited by Dusty Plains

13 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Do Gold Coast residents really call it The Goldie?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

15 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Hope you make it xM

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Do Gold Coast residents really call it The Goldie?

Yes, goldie up north and sunny down south.

(And brissy in the middle)

On 25/10/2021 at 13:53, Rossmoyne said:

Ridiculously cold today. I reckon were going to go smack bang into hot hot summer in a week or so. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, simmo said:

Yes, goldie up north and sunny down south.

(And brissy in the middle)

Sunny coast is north of Brisbane 

• Like 1

Autumn weather definitely kicking in now in the UK. Last few weeks though have been really mild and sunny with very little rain. Mince pies starting to turn up in the office and it won't be long before Christmas lights and decorations go up. You cannot beat a winter Christmas 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Autumn weather definitely kicking in now in the UK. Last few weeks though have been really mild and sunny with very little rain. Mince pies starting to turn up in the office and it won't be long before Christmas lights and decorations go up. You cannot beat a winter Christmas 😉

Xmas lights already here haha

20211021_200444.jpg

27 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

No thanks!