I know no one will care but...........

15 minutes ago, BritChickx said:

Iknowcb.....

two shifts left until I finish my placement and degree 😄 

Well done, you have worked hard and completely deserve your success xxxxxxx M

1 hour ago, ramot said:

Well done, you have worked hard and completely deserve your success xxxxxxx M

Thank you 💕

The farmer with the beard has sent his ladies packing …

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Bottie said:

The farmer with the beard has sent his ladies packing …

Fingers crossed for you then, Bottie...😍

Cheers, Bobj.

2 hours ago, Bobj said:

Fingers crossed for you then, Bottie...😍

Cheers, Bobj.

😁

Anyone following what is happening in South Africa at the moment? Seems like complete anarchy. Must be terrifying. 

On 13/07/2021 at 14:32, Parley said:

Twice in the last week i have asked officially if i ïdentify as a male.

Strange times we live in.

First was a covid test and second time was for a covid vaccination. I think the victorian government are going a bit silly. I am tempted to say i identify as a kangaroo and see what they say..

Don't blame the person asking the question, they're just filling in the fields in the database. Kangaroo isn't one of the drop-down options but I suppose it could be covered by "Other".

• Like 1

Just got word that our slab is going down next week! 🙏🎉🎉

• Like 2

On 13/07/2021 at 07:32, Parley said:

Twice in the last week i have asked officially if i ïdentify as a male.

Strange times we live in.

First was a covid test and second time was for a covid vaccination. I think the victorian government are going a bit silly. I am tempted to say i identify as a kangaroo and see what they say..

You can be anything you like these days it seems so go for it.  Maybe change your name to Skippy too. 

• Haha 2

Whoever mentioned The Windsors on here inspired me to watch it. It is very funny.

Beatrice and Eugenie are the best. They are a scream and Fergie is good too.

Are they making any more?

I wonder if Harry really is as thick as they make out. And did he shag Pippa?

• Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

3 hours ago, Parley said:

Whoever mentioned The Windsors on here inspired me to watch it. It is very funny.

Beatrice and Eugenie are the best. They are a scream and Fergie is good too.

Are they making any more?

I wonder if Harry really is as thick as they make out. And did he shag Pippa?

That was me Parly.  Good wasn't it!   There are 3 seasons and it ends about the time Harry and wotserface have Archie and depart UK shores.  

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

18 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You can be anything you like these days it seems so go for it.  Maybe change your name to Skippy too. 

I said a long time ago (quite possibly on this very thread) that I've decided to self-identify as non-transphobic. That way none of these cross-dressing weirdos can complaining about anything I say about them without refusing to accept me for what I self-identify as.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Big morning chasing mackerel. Landed 10, released 5, lost 3.Gave them to the oldies in our village, which gives me the excuse to go again tomorrow…All just a tick over 51 cm.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

My son, who works in the Pilbara of WA, sent Mum this photo of the local wildflower, Sturt’s Desert Pea. 
l have seen 3 colour phases, black, purple and red.

7670A4C4-3B35-4155-89E1-792288DA754A.thumb.jpeg.edf1fd95d5f6aca0058ad3cd84866ef2.jpeg

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 4

A woman from my home town in Scotland runs an animal hospice as well as some rescue farm animals.  She has written a book.  Here she is with some of her rescues  and a pic of her book cover.  At times she has over a hundred animals in her care.

alexis1.jpg

alexis2.jpg

alexis.jpg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Toots said:

A woman from my home town in Scotland runs an animal hospice as well as some rescue farm animals.  She has written a book.  Here she is with some of her rescues  and a pic of her book cover.  At times she has over a hundred animals in her care.

alexis1.jpg

alexis2.jpg

alexis.jpg

Beaut country, up there, if it is Galloway.

Cheers, Bobj.

40 minutes ago, Toots said:

alexis1.jpg

alexis2.jpg

alexis.jpg

What an amazing woman. Good luck to her, we need more compassion like this in the world. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Rose said:

What an amazing woman. Good luck to her, we need more compassion like this in the world. 

I love that old dog with the grey face in the centre image. Old dogs are just wonderful.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Toots said:

alexis1.jpg

alexis2.jpg

alexis.jpg

I wouldn't mind being in her care.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bobj said:

Beaut country, up there, if it is Galloway.

Cheers, Bobj.

Yes it is Bob.  The Stewarty of Kirkcudbright in the area of Galloway. It is indeed a beaut place.  I used to get a bit p!ssed off when certain posters stated that the only people who could settle happily in Australia are the ones who come from sh!t areas of the UK.  Such patronising rubbish.  Here are the two towns closest to the farm where I was born and brought up.  Not dumps at all and very popular with tourists.

gatehouse of fleet.jpg

kirkcudbright8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, simmo said:

I wouldn't mind being in her care.

She looks after the animals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  She wouldn't have time to care for you Simmo.  😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

What does the "para" in Para Olympics stand for? Don't Google.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, newjez said:

What does the "para" in Para Olympics stand for? Don't Google.

Although the name was originally coined as a portmanteau combining "paraplegic" (due to its origins as games for people with spinal injuries) and "Olympic", the inclusion of other disability groups meant that this was no longer considered very accurate. The present formal explanation for the name is that it derives from the Greek preposition παρά, pará ("beside" or "alongside") and thus refers to a competition held in parallel with the Olympic Games.[23] The Summer Games of 1988 held in Seoul was the first time the term "Paralympic" came into official use

The Paralympic Games were designed to emphasize the participants' athletic achievements and not their disability. Recent games have emphasized that these games are about ability and not disability.[18] The movement has grown dramatically since its early days – for example, the number of athletes participating in the Summer Paralympic games has increased from 400 athletes in Rome in 1960 to 4,342 athletes from 159 countries in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.[22] Both the Paralympic Summer and Winter Games are recognized on the world stage.

Edited by Parley

Posted (edited)

I watched an exhibition women's basketball match yesterday. Australia beat USA for the first time ever. 

Now they are off to Tokyo.

I didn't realise Australia are the No 2 team in the world. The commentators for the first 3 and a half quarters were talking about how wonderful the USA are and how they are going for 7 gold medals in a row medals in a row.

The last 10 minutes when Australia took the lead it quickly became how this is just an exhibition, repeated numerous times. They weren't expecting to lose especially as Liz Cambage had withdrawn from the team.

Edited by Parley
  • Like 1