Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

15 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

A new all-time Canadian record high temperature was set in Canada the other day at 48C. Temps in Western Canada have been in the 30C-50C degree rang for the past four days and look to remain that way going into the next few days.

I hope the elderly people are able to get to cooler environments. 

8 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

I hope the elderly people are able to get to cooler environments. 

Yeah, most people in these areas have air con and many have pools. It's gets quite hot in the summer and more and more people are finding ways to keep cool with each passing year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

A new all-time Canadian record high temperature was set in Canada the other day at 48C. Temps in Western Canada have been in the 30C-50C degree rang for the past four days and look to remain that way going into the next few days.

At least 69 people have died from the heat in the Vancouver area.  They probably couldn't afford air-con.  Hopefully the heat wave is over now.

Sky news UK was a bit awkward when it came to the press review this morning. Obviously the main news item was England beating Germany in the European Cup. They had 2 ladies on who knew nothing about football, weren't interested in it and it was obvious they wanted to move on and talk about other stuff.

They did their best for a bit but quickly asked to move on to talk about Kate Middleton, how the Royal Family looked, covid problems and social distancing.😆

I'm going to have a browse round the internet with my VPN to see if I can find extended hìghlights of England v Germany. Great win but even sky news can't show footage. They can show footage of fans in the crowd and fans celebrating but only photos of the action. What a croc for a very important competition not to be on free to air TV. Shouldn't have been allowed for the rights to be bought.

• Like 2

I hope you are all supporting England in the Euros! 2-0. The first time we have beaten Germany in a knockout match since 1966. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Toots said:

At least 69 people have died from the heat in the Vancouver area.  They probably couldn't afford air-con.  Hopefully the heat wave is over now.

I had heard about that.

Another national record shattered today.

Lytton, British Columbia hit 49.6C, so essentially 50C. Insane.

• Like 1

My pronouns are Lord and/or Master.

• Haha 2

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

First appointment with a cardiologist today and it’s a stress test on a treadmill.  The things we do…

• Like 2

I watched highlights on Youtube

19 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

I'm going to have a browse round the internet with my VPN to see if I can find extended hìghlights of England v Germany. Great win but even sky news can't show footage. They can show footage of fans in the crowd and fans celebrating but only photos of the action. What a croc for a very important competition not to be on free to air TV. Shouldn't have been allowed for the rights to be bought.

I want it all, and I want it now.

13 hours ago, newjez said:

My pronouns are Lord and/or Master.

Supreme Leader has a nice ring to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Parley said:

I watched highlights on Youtube

The live game will have been on the BBC or itv

21 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Sky news UK was a bit awkward when it came to the press review this morning. Obviously the main news item was England beating Germany in the European Cup. They had 2 ladies on who knew nothing about football, weren't interested in it and it was obvious they wanted to move on and talk about other stuff.

They did their best for a bit but quickly asked to move on to talk about Kate Middleton, how the Royal Family looked, covid problems and social distancing.😆

Another reason why would never watch Sky News. Wasn't it that station that used the defense in a libel case, that they were an entertainment channel. Not a news channel? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

It was free to air in England!  Excellent match😀

I set my VPN to London and watched extended highlights. Funny, I don't even know who most of the players are now, lost interest now we don't get to see premier league. Good win though, anything can happen now.

5 hours ago, Bulya said:

First appointment with a cardiologist today and it’s a stress test on a treadmill.  The things we do…

I'm also on the treadmill, in October. Let us know how you got on. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Completed the full test, the first since both knees replaced.  The fitness work I’ve managed to accomplish lately really helped.  I have heart disease but missed the name of it, lack of elasticity in heart muscle or arteries mentioned.  Happy with the hypertension medication my nephrologist and GP have me on.  More exercise, lose weight which will be easier now I can exercise properly for the first time in a decade or two.  Never smoked, don’t drink now, and it shows..  

• Congratulations 1

3 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

I’ve had 2 treadmill tests, I can’t remember much as they were several years ago. From memory you are wired up, can’t remember if you are injected with anything? and your heart rate monitored? but I didn’t last very long on the treadmill once the height was started to be raised. It’s not unpleasant, but a bit depressing when you realise how unfit you are.

Ive since had 2 tests where you are on a ’bed’,  wired up, and then injected with an increasing amount of something? You can tell I don’t have a medical background, which increases your heart rate till you think ‘I can’t take any more’ when the Dr starts to reduce it.

I’m not as bad as it sounds from the above as this was over quite a few years. I think it’s fascinating what tests there are these day to help find out what problem a patient might have.

Good luck to you both Bulya and Dusty

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ramot said:

I’ve had 2 treadmill tests, I can’t remember much as they were several years ago. From memory you are wired up, can’t remember if you are injected with anything? and your heart rate monitored? but I didn’t last very long on the treadmill once the height was started to be raised. It’s not unpleasant, but a bit depressing when you realise how unfit you are.

Ive since had 2 tests where you are on a ’bed’,  wired up, and then injected with an increasing amount of something? You can tell I don’t have a medical background, which increases your heart rate till you think ‘I can’t take any more’ when the Dr starts to reduce it.

I’m not as bad as it sounds from the above as this was over quite a few years. I think it’s fascinating what tests there are these day to help find out what problem a patient might have.

Thanks Ramot. That's a great insight.  I am feeling better already thanks to you. Where are you Bulya?

Edited by Dusty Plains

Posted (edited)
On 30/06/2021 at 17:40, Canada2Australia said:

I had heard about that.

Another national record shattered today.

Lytton, British Columbia hit 49.6C, so essentially 50C. Insane.

50C !! That is crazy, and it can be deadly for certain groups in the population.

Let's hope that the Canadian government(s) have a Heatwave Plan. Knowing (here in Australia, as we do) that the Canadians are pretty switched on in this respect, the "Plan" will hopefully save lives.

I still worry about the elderly though. They are a critical impact group.

Looks like we, down here in the Southern Hemisphere, can expect a similar impact at least, come December 2021/ January-February 2022. 

Edited by Dusty Plains

7 hours ago, ramot said:

Ditto for Bulya and Dusty.

I've had a few treadmill tests in the past and none of them really showed anything as a problem despite the fact that I needed a quad bypass within 3 months of taking one. I was fairly fit at that time so that's why they didn't pick anything up. The only symptom triggering an investigation was pins and needles in my hand. I never had chest/arm or neck pain so I was lucky they picked up on it.

I saw my cardiologist yesterday and complained that I hadn't had an ultrasound on my abdominal aorta aneurysm repair for 2 yrs which I'm guessing got missed due to covid so they've listed me for that asap as if that bugger bursts, I'm a goner. I didn't have any symptoms with that either and they only found it due to a hernia repair. He also listed me for another ecg as they found an "enlarged heart" at my last 12 months ago.

Had a pelvic CT+C today (nice warm glow) 😁 so we'll see what comes back on that front, and I'm listed for a cystoscopy at the end of the month. All this from a category one (supposedly to be seen within 30 days) referral last October 3rd!

All this cr@p makes me feel like starting smoking again as I reckon my card is marked anyways.

Kev The Fatalist 😄

• Like 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

6 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Ditto for Bulya and Dusty.

I've had a few treadmill tests in the past and none of them really showed anything as a problem despite the fact that I needed a quad bypass within 3 months of taking one. I was fairly fit at that time so that's why they didn't pick anything up. The only symptom triggering an investigation was pins and needles in my hand. I never had chest/arm or neck pain so I was lucky they picked up on it.

I saw my cardiologist yesterday and complained that I hadn't had an ultrasound on my abdominal aorta aneurysm repair for 2 yrs which I'm guessing got missed due to covid so they've listed me for that asap as if that bugger bursts, I'm a goner. I didn't have any symptoms with that either and they only found it due to a hernia repair. He also listed me for another ecg as they found an "enlarged heart" at my last 12 months ago.

Had a pelvic CT+C today (nice warm glow) 😁 so we'll see what comes back on that front, and I'm listed for a cystoscopy at the end of the month. All this from a category one (supposedly to be seen within 30 days) referral last October 3rd!

All this cr@p makes me feel like starting smoking again as I reckon my card is marked anyways.

Kev The Fatalist 😄

Yep.... I'd agree with that. It is cr@p.

Don't be a fatalist though, optimism instead has a way of working for you.  As ex-smokers, you and I know that as soon as you light up a ciggie, you will feel so disappointed with yourself. Been there also. 

• Like 3

On 29/06/2021 at 12:21, Canada2Australia said:

Yeah, most people in these areas have air con and many have pools. It's gets quite hot in the summer and more and more people are finding ways to keep cool with each passing year.

As there are areas which have temps of 18 / 22 at the highest few have have pools or air con,

This makes informative reading

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jul/01/nowhere-is-safe-say-scientists-as-extreme-heat-causes-chaos-in-us-and-canada?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

3 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

Yep.... I'd agree with that. It is cr@p.

Don't be a fatalist though, optimism instead has a way of working for you.  As ex-smokers, you and I know that as soon as you light up a ciggie, you will feel so disappointed with yourself. Been there also. 

Twenty years now.

Can't stand the smell of them nowadays.

Couldn't afford them if I did. Amazed anyone can.

• Like 5

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

I'm not sure what i was expecting but i don't think the statue is very appealing.

2021-07-02_11-41-06.jpg

• Like 3