Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

29 minutes ago, Parley said:

I actually rang them as was having a few issues with their online store. I have orded the CEN Oil and CEN Active which the guy said work well together. He ended up giving me the oil for free as a new customer and free postage.

He seemed like a genuine guy so will see how it goes.

https://cennutrition.com.au/dogs/shop/

I know him.  He’s pretty switched on.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ramot said:

I had an injection in my shoulder today, taking it easy for a few days and unrealistically hoping to get more movement back in my arm. Sadly the main tendons plus others are irreparable, lasting damage from a bad fall 10 years ago when my shoulder was badly fractured, but it is depressing when you are gently told, that a repair is not really viable and the damage not uncommon at your age. I made the Dr laugh though when I said but I still feel 50 on a rare good day. 

I used to have terrible problems with my shoulder (years of laying bricks and blocks). I was diagnosed with rotator cuff tendonitis. I've seen to have it under control now 🤞. I take cod liver oil and glucosamine & chondroitin daily and try to not sleep on my arm by putting my palm under my cheek (face).

Hope you manage to get yours under control too. Don't take too many NSAIDs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ramot said:

I feel your pain!! Shoulder not happy😠 today. Don’t know if I am having a reaction to the injection, but I’m very cold, but my face is flushed and I’ve got a headache.

Just had a word with the Dr who gave me the injection, apparently the red rash, looks like sunburn  On my face is a rare reaction to the steroid, should be gone in a day or two. Not sure about feeling cold and headache but check with the GP if it continues.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ramot said:

Who won? You or the shark

Well I kept the freezer full of Flake for months but the trouble that my arm is giving me now, I would say the shark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

7 hours ago, Parley said:

I actually rang them as was having a few issues with their online store. I have orded the CEN Oil and CEN Active which the guy said work well together. He ended up giving me the oil for free as a new customer and free postage.

He seemed like a genuine guy so will see how it goes.

https://cennutrition.com.au/dogs/shop/

I will order some tomorrow and see how he goes with it.

Cal x

• Like 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

3 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Well I kept the freezer full of Flake for months but the trouble that my arm is giving me now, I would say the shark.

Be more careful! 

• Like 1

The World Health Organisation (WHO) are a strange mob.

Their latest report advise women of child bearing age must never drink.

So a woman must not drink from age 16 to 55 or until she has been through menopause.

I want it all, and I want it now.

3 minutes ago, Parley said:

So a woman must not drink from age 16 to 55 or until she has been through menopause.

I think it's been misinterpreted. Maybe they should have clarified women actively trying to conceive. The advice changes, when I was pregnant it was 1-2 units a week was 'safe'

I drank my mini bottle of wine each weekend with both 😂 They seem to have come  through relatively unscathed. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

Don't worry I'm sure they'll quickly realise how sexist that is and follow it up by suggesting instead a ban on drinking for everyone under 55!

Just trying to do the maths as to whether that will make alcohol cheaper for the rest of us or if reduced demand will limit supply and increase taxes. Once I've figured that out I'll decide if I'm in favour or not!

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

15 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

I think it's been misinterpreted. Maybe they should have clarified women actively trying to conceive. The advice changes, when I was pregnant it was 1-2 units a week was 'safe'

I drank my mini bottle of wine each weekend with both 😂 They seem to have come  through relatively unscathed. 

Yes, that's what I understood it to mean when I read about it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/no-booze-until-menopause-who-s-alcohol-guidance-sparks-female-backlash-20210618-p582e4.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9694943/Women-childbearing-age-BANNED-drinking-alcohol-says.html

Edited by Parley

I want it all, and I want it now.

On 15/06/2021 at 18:27, Cup Final 1973 said:

British farmers worried about the pesticides allowed in Australia but banned in the UK.

It's interesting, but two weeks ago my garden was infested with aphids. Green and black they were everywhere.

Now they are all gone. Can't have been ladybird or lacewing. Not for that volume.

Had a bit of a Google, and apparently house sparrows need aphids for their young in the first few days. The eradication of bugs by chemicals is causing the sparrow numbers to drop, as seed feeders don't help in the baby sparrows first days.

So by trying to get rid of the problem, people are making it worse.

My garden is pretty much in balance. I do weed and feed the lawn in parts. Although I think I will just feed it from now on. I add chook poo, blood and bone and ash as fertilizer. I don't use pesticides. I do occasionally use path weed killer out the front. But some weeds don't go by weeding.

Apart from that, it pretty much it takes care of itself.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

After being let down by 3 plumbers to install a gas flue extension on my gas boiler I did it myself.  Just had British gas around to check and sign it off with no issues 👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just watched The Sapphires. A bit late to the party but...what a beautiful film. 

Edited by HappyHeart
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just finished a book on the battles in Germany during the later stages of WW2. I find it pretty hard to feel sorry for the Germans, because they did start it, and they did some pretty disgusting things during it. But even so, what they had to endure at the hands of the Russians was pretty bad. I'm torn. The systematic rape of the German women by the Russians was a pretty disturbing read.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Parley said:

That is crazy.  No way could I have managed that.  I missed drinking when I was pregnant.  Maybe they’re thinking of those that don’t realise they’re pregnant and are drinking.  By not ever doing it that issue isn’t a problem I suppose but there would be a lot of cranky women about. 

7 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

That is crazy.  No way could I have managed that.  I missed drinking when I was pregnant.  Maybe they’re thinking of those that don’t realise they’re pregnant and are drinking.  By not ever doing it that issue isn’t a problem I suppose but there would be a lot of cranky women about. 

I suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum (severe morning sickness all day long) so I could barely keep anything down let alone alcohol.  🤢

• Sad 1

On 18/06/2021 at 12:27, ramot said:

He isn’t a bad physiotherapist, experienced and good name locally and has successfully treated my neck before, he did tell me not to push the exercises, take it slow if hurting,  but perhaps a bad error of judgment, He did agree with me when I phoned. I’m not going to ruin his reputation when he has helped many people here.

There is no proof it was his fault, only suggestion.

Depressed today, my shoulder is not happy.

Yesterday a friend gave me a bottle of Paramao root oil to try on my shoulder.  I will keep rubbing it in and see if it makes a difference.  She swears by it.  I also applied it to a patch of eczema/dermatitis on my wrist as it is supposed to help with skin ailments too.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toots said:

Yesterday a friend gave me a bottle of Paramao root oil to try on my shoulder.  I will keep rubbing it in and see if it makes a difference.  She swears by it.  I also applied it to a patch of eczema/dermatitis on my wrist as it is supposed to help with skin ailments too.  

Hope it helps xM

• Like 2

Missing my Dad today. 6 years since I last saw him. Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads in the UK.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Toots said:

I suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum (severe morning sickness all day long) so I could barely keep anything down let alone alcohol.  🤢

That’s a shame, it must have been hard.  It’s strange how some suffer terrible and some not at all.  I wasn’t sick or even felt sick once throughout my pregnancies. 

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

That’s a shame, it must have been hard.  It’s strange how some suffer terrible and some not at all.  I wasn’t sick or even felt sick once throughout my pregnancies. 

I had my babies much later than most of my friends and when they had morning sickness I used to think it was "all in their head" and I was one of those people who never felt sick.  I swear I felt awful almost from the day of conception.  😋  Never forgotten it.  Wouldn't wish it on anyone.  It's to do with a certain hormone produced during pregnancy.  Bluddy hormones.

Can't remember if I ever made a whore moan...😉

Cheers, Bobj.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bobj said:

Can't remember if I ever made a whore moan...😉

Cheers, Bobj.

And I'm the one who gets censored?

• Like 1