Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

On 10/06/2021 at 05:19, newjez said:

I used to work for red rooster when I was much younger. We used to do long shifts, and you had to take a half hour break every five hours. But as you were the manager, you couldn't leave the shop, so that was just a half hour you worked and didn't get paid for. We also only got paid for a half hour after the store closed. But it was nigh impossible to finish in that time.

I don't mind working for free. But I object to being forced to work for free.

I agree, I'm not forced to work extra, working in Community mental health though can mean we're out on a police job at the end of shift and  I will get OT or time back, and I offer that to my staff if they're in a similar situation. 

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 09/06/2021 at 23:30, Paul1Perth said:

What I found was I checked my emails when I first got to work and then got stuck into work proper. The younger set would check their emails constantly, check their phones numerous times an hour and look busy.

I used to get asked where I was at some gabfest meeting and someone would say I sent you an email about it. We worked in an open plan office on one floor and I checked my emails maybe twice a day. If it was important they could come by my desk in 2 minutes.

I used to get in a bit early usually but always had a lunch break where, often, I'd go for a swim or run. Most of the others would sit in the lunchroom talking about gaming or work.

I did the odd longer day when work needed doing and we stayed late but usually I'd be out of the office on time.

Probably did cost me a little bit in bonuses but not much.

I only check emails twice a day. If it's important they will call.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

I've never eaten the flowers from chives before. Very nice. Taste like onions.

Just been to see Dream Horse, it’s a such a good film, I really recommend it. It’s based on a true story, 

• Like 2

On 11/06/2021 at 08:50, newjez said:

I only check emails twice a day. If it's important they will call.

It’s the way forward. You’ll get left behind. Email is often more efficient than a call. You don’t miss each other and you can get back to the sender in your own time. Plus there’s a paper trail. It’s my preferred method though there are times only a call will do if there’s discussion to be had. I know plenty who just can’t or won’t use it efficiently though. How long does it take to flick an email reply to someone? Hacks me off when people are just too lazy or inefficient. In fact poor communication is a massive bugbear of mine. Unprofessional. 

7 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

It’s the way forward. You’ll get left behind. Email is often more efficient than a call. You don’t miss each other and you can get back to the sender in your own time. Plus there’s a paper trail. It’s my preferred method though there are times only a call will do if there’s discussion to be had. I know plenty who just can’t or won’t use it efficiently though. How long does it take to flick an email reply to someone? Hacks me off when people are just too lazy or inefficient. In fact poor communication is a massive bugbear of mine. Unprofessional. 

If I check my emails more than twice a day I get distracted and never get anything done. I often find that people get themselves in a tizz, and then when follow the email chain they end up sorting the problem themselves without any need for my involvement. Storms in teapots. If it's a real storm someone will let me know. In the meantime I can cross things off on my to do list. Which obviously I have created from the mornings emails.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2021 at 07:33, ramot said:

Thredbo 27th April. Bit different then, we had to search for a small patch of snow.

7368E25C-DD13-4407-AB60-6F196F672ECE.jpeg

I've got nearly that much in my 3 'fridges!

Cheers, Bobj.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bobj said:

I've got nearly that much in my 3 'fridges!

Cheers, Bobj.

Very different today…

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ramot said:

Just been to see Dream Horse, it’s a such a good film, I really recommend it. It’s based on a true story, 

I'm not a fan of horse racing at all but I did enjoy Dream Horse.  Went to see it yesterday afternoon.

6 minutes ago, Toots said:

I'm not a fan of horse racing at all but I did enjoy Dream Horse.  Went to see it yesterday afternoon.

I completely agree with you, but as we both say it is a really good film. I think I had tears in my eyes at one point, and Britain does have just the right touch when making this sort of film.

• Like 1

IKNOWCB......I know people will care when I say, my thoughts and prayers go out to Danish Footballer Christien Eriksen. Absolutely tragic to see the events during the game last night. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

No one can tell you exactly what you have gotta be

You've got to stand your ground and fight to save your life

It may be hard but ooh ooh it's the only way

Always remembering there ain't no second prize

There ain't no second prize

37 minutes ago, Dom Churchill said:

IKNOWCB......I know people will care when I say, my thoughts and prayers go out to Danish Footballer Christien Eriksen. Absolutely tragic to see the events during the game last night. 

Has there been any news as to what actually caused him to collapse? There have been theories about a "heart issue" but that doesn't really explain it.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

6 minutes ago, Ken said:

Has there been any news as to what actually caused him to collapse? There have been theories about a "heart issue" but that doesn't really explain it.

I've not heard anything. They were administering cpr and used the defibrillator.... 

No one can tell you exactly what you have gotta be

You've got to stand your ground and fight to save your life

It may be hard but ooh ooh it's the only way

Always remembering there ain't no second prize

There ain't no second prize

Well luckily he is alive, so could have been a lot worse

I assume it is a heart attack. This happens occasionally in club level football and sadly sometimes the player dies.

Eriksen was very lucky in that he got very quick medical attention.

I want it all, and I want it now.

iknowcb....only 5 weeks left of university/placement! Still not ready to qualify 😂 so winging it at this point. Won't find out until the end of July if I've passed all my assignments so fingers crossed! 

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 2

3 hours ago, BritChickx said:

iknowcb....only 5 weeks left of university/placement! Still not ready to qualify 😂 so winging it at this point. Won't find out until the end of July if I've passed all my assignments so fingers crossed! 

You have done so well, everything crossed for you for these last few weeks xM

• Thanks 1

On 12/06/2021 at 17:12, HappyHeart said:

It's one of the biggest timewasters around. Gives people an excuse not to do work, too busy checking and answering emails.

3 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

It's one of the biggest timewasters around. Gives people an excuse not to do work, too busy checking and answering emails.

It's very dependent on what you do and how you do your job. Its pretty crucial for me in my role. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

It's very dependent on what you do and how you do your job. Its pretty crucial for me in my role. 

Yes, I agree. Monitoring mailboxes and responding to e-mails was an important part of my previous job.

Edited by Drumbeat
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

It’s 2021, not 1971…

Went to see the dentist on Tuesday. No work needed.

Chipped a tooth on Friday.

Looks like I'm booking another appointment.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, newjez said:

Went to see the dentist on Tuesday. No work needed.

Chipped a tooth on Friday.

Looks like I'm booking another appointment.

I am having a broken tooth capped today, not my favourite way to spend an hour.

• Sad 3