Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

On 13/05/2021 at 14:12, Rossmoyne said:

Brilliant news Ali.   Please pass on my congrats.   Just being nominated shows that she has been noticed and her work appreciated.   Rossy

Thanks Rossy - that's exactly how she (and we) are viewing it.  it doesn't seem that long ago that I was telling you she'd finished Uni and we were talking about applying for jobs.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Stufftif, but an odd sighting this morning. Yesterday morning, it was 19 C at 7.30  and today, a cold snap at 13C. There is a dirt road along part of our foreshore and it was covered with hundreds of garden worms, no doubt due to the cold snap, but what was really odd, about 90% of them were stretched out diagonal to the road...😯I did not see any worms anywhere else, not even on a patch of bare ground under my poincianna tree.

Curious.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobj said:

Stufftif, but an odd sighting this morning. Yesterday morning, it was 19 C at 7.30  and today, a cold snap at 13C. There is a dirt road along part of our foreshore and it was covered with hundreds of garden worms, no doubt due to the cold snap, but what was really odd, about 90% of them were stretched out diagonal to the road...😯I did not see any worms anywhere else, not even on a patch of bare ground under my poincianna tree.

Curious.

Cheers, Bobj.

You're the worm god Bobj...

• Haha 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

On 13/05/2021 at 04:33, newjez said:

This sounds weird.

You sure she didn't mistake you for someone else when she asked you to give her child a lift?

Or, and this has happened to me on more than one occasion, does she have an identical twin?

It’s a nice trait that you think this way.

the school my daughter goes to has about 30 children (it’s a catholic school in the UK) only about 5 parents wait for their kids outside I wait at the bottom (younger kids ) end and she is at the top (older kids) end, although normally I now notice she waits in her car. There are very few children there with parents who have not moved over from Europe, dark hair, dark skin, European accents. I’m certainly the only one on the pick up line as Scottish/Celtic as me, red hair and the palest of pale skin.

The twin thing is a possibility I suppose. 

😎

5 minutes ago, Coxy7 said:

It’s a nice trait that you think this way.

the school my daughter goes to has about 30 children (it’s a catholic school in the UK) only about 5 parents wait for their kids outside I wait at the bottom (younger kids ) end and she is at the top (older kids) end, although normally I now notice she waits in her car. There are very few children there with parents who have not moved over from Europe, dark hair, dark skin, European accents. I’m certainly the only one on the pick up line as Scottish/Celtic as me, red hair and the palest of pale skin.

The twin thing is a possibility I suppose. 

😎

Are you being racist ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

On 12/05/2021 at 19:30, Coxy7 said:

In a SHOCKING exchange of rudeness a few days ago, when I could drive a car, I was getting my children into the car for school when a woman came and said “can you take ******** to school?” I was taken aback. Mainly because someone could ask and trust a stranger to take their child to school. So shocked and feeling sorry for the boy I said yes. I have seen him and the mother before from a distance but that’s it.

Today the same woman walks past me, looks at my face, looks at my boot (she looked at the same boot yesterday and saw me struggling to walk with my girls in the rain) and completely blanks me, doesn’t even say hello. She then gets into HER CAR and drives off while watching me limp home, again in the rain.

There are a lot of rude people everywhere all the time but that takes the biscuit. I know I probably shouldn’t have given him a lift but I was stunned and am in general not a bad person. I would certainly never ask that of anyone who wasn’t a pretty good friend. I feel like never doing anyone a favour again! But then I remember I was rescued by 2 perfect strangers, so you gotta take the good with the bad I suppose.

People shouldn’t be giving anyone a lift in lockdown. If you’re not allowed in someone else house then you’re not allowed to mix inside a small car.  I picked my son up from outside a pub last weekend.  A few of his mates needed a lift home and whilst in normal times I would have offered without question as I have always done in the past, this time I said no.  I didn’t want to say no but it’s the right thing to do.  If one of them had Covid and gave it to me then I’d be responsible for taking to work with me and on it goes. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

People shouldn’t be giving anyone a lift in lockdown. If you’re not allowed in someone else house then you’re not allowed to mix inside a small car.  I picked my son up from outside a pub last weekend.  A few of his mates needed a lift home and whilst in normal times I would have offered without question as I have always done in the past, this time I said no.  I didn’t want to say no but it’s the right thing to do.  If one of them had Covid and gave it to me then I’d be responsible for taking to work with me and on it goes. 

When I picked my son up, I didn't offer his friends a lift. Even though I know they had a five mile walk over rough terrain in failing light. I felt guilty about it, but they are very woodsy, and it's not an unusual walk for them to do. They probably would have refused because they know it was out of my way, but I felt guilty for not offering.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!