Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

10 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Been fortunate enough to have had both vaccines now. Painful arm both times but otherwise ok. Going to need it. As of next week ill be on the ICU for 3 months. Last placement before I finish! 

Is pressure coming off the ICU? The numbers are looking positive, but is that having an effect on the factory floor?

• Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

The biggest, most expensive house in the world - Part 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

The biggest, most expensive house in the world - Part 2

On 06/04/2021 at 08:43, newjez said:

Is pressure coming off the ICU? The numbers are looking positive, but is that having an effect on the factory floor?

I have no idea! I hope so 😅 ill let you know when I start. 

Hope you are keeping well 🙂

On 07/04/2021 at 09:57, Parley said:

The biggest, most expensive house in the world - Part 1

$500M and the front wall is shit.

• Like 2

Prince Philip has died. RIP.

8 minutes ago, Parley said:

The funeral arrangements could be complicated.

58 minutes ago, Parley said:

The real shame is that if he'd live just another two months he'd have got a telegram (or whatever the modern version is) from his wife.

• Like 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

30 minutes ago, Ken said:

The real shame is that if he'd live just another two months he'd have got a telegram (or whatever the modern version is) from his wife.

Who will send a telegram to the Queen when she turns 100 ?

3 hours ago, Parley said:

She'll probably just text herself won't she?

Do we still have telegrams?

9 hours ago, Parley said:

Charles III ?

49 minutes ago, Melbpom said:

Charles III ?

He already said he's not going to use Charles (the previous two King Charles didn't end well so maybe he thinks it's a bad omen) 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

He already said he's not going to use Charles (the previous two King Charles didn't end well so maybe he thinks it's a bad omen) 

I doubt that. I'm sure he will stay Charles. The Queen named her heir Charles so she wasn't supersticious.

Everyone knows him as Charles. Actually I think the days of Kings and Queens picking new names is a historical thing and unlikely to happen again.

Edited by Parley

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Parley said:

I doubt that. I'm sure he will stay Charles. The Queen named her heir Charles so she wasn't supersticious.

Everyone knows him as Charles. Actually I think the days of Kings and Queens picking new names is a historical thing and unlikely to happen again.

He won't pick a new name, he can use one of his own names. He was named Charles Philip Arthur George deliberately, so he'd have a choice of which name he would use as king.   All my life, every report I've ever read has said that he's likely to choose to be a George as a tribute to his grandfather.

The Queen's father was always known as Albert (and Bertie to his family) but he switched to George when he became King.      

I agree it seems old-fashioned but the royals are very strong on tradition.  If he's going to do something unusual or radical, then maybe he'll step down in favour of William (though that would be very complicated to do).

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

10 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

He won't pick a new name, he can use one of his own names. He was named Charles Philip Arthur George deliberately, so he'd have a choice of which name he would use as king.   All my life, every report I've ever read has said that he's likely to choose to be a George as a tribute to his grandfather.

They have a real King George coming up in a few generations so I would be very surprised if he did that.

I guess we will find out in a few years.

22 minutes ago, Parley said:

They have a real King George coming up in a few generations so I would be very surprised if he did that.

I guess we will find out in a few years.

Well, it would only be skipping one generation if he did choose George, so why would another one in the pipeline be seen as a problem?  Georges 1, 2 and 3 were in quick succession.

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

The Queen's father was always known as Albert (and Bertie to his family) but he switched to George when he became King.      

He was known as Albert because that was his name. Unlike his older brother (who became Edward VIII) who was always known as David to his family even though his name really was Edward.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Well, it would only be skipping one generation if he did choose George, so why would another one in the pipeline be seen as a problem?  Georges 1, 2 and 3 were in quick succession.

1, 2, 3 & 4 were consecutive. There was then an 80 year gap, but 5 and 6 only had Edward VIII (and just 327 days) in between them.

1 hour ago, Ken said:

He was known as Albert because that was his name

Yes, just like Charles is Charles’s name. That’s my point

Posted (edited)
On 31/03/2021 at 21:59, Quoll said:

Knocked for 6, fever, very sore arm, felt very ill. His whole company felt much the same apparently. 

@Quoll we had the Covid jab at 10 am on Friday.  By the evening I was very cold and shivery - next day still shivery and just felt under the weather - no sore arm - no headache.  Today, Sunday I'm feeling as fit as a fiddle.  Husband felt fine but had a bit of a sore arm.  

Edited by Toots

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Toots said:

@Quoll we had the Covid jab at 10 am on Friday.  By the evening I was very cold and shivery - next day still shivery and just felt under the weather - no sore arm - no headache.  Today, Sunday I'm feeling as fit as a fiddle.  Husband felt fine but had a bit of a sore arm.  

In case you aren't aware. You need to wait 14 days before getting flu shot if you are getting it.

You can't get covid and flu shots too close to each other.

Edited by Parley
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Parley said:

In case you aren't aware. You need to wait 14 days before getting flu shot if you are getting it.

You can't get covid and flu shots too close to each other.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that.  Although being under 70, I'm not likely to see the Covid shot any time soon.   I'm thinking that should be more widely publicised though.  

I remember getting the cholera jab in Africa many years ago.  Nobody told me to avoid alcohol for 24 hours.  I only had two glasses of wine.  Horrendous.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Toots said:

Had ours  late on the 1st April, Husband says he had no reaction? but I think he was more tired for a couple of days.

I had a sore arm for a few days, but that is a normal reaction for me from a jab. I started  a headache later on on Friday and felt quite a bit nauseous, but really only lasted just over a day, Definitely fine by Sunday, arm took a bit longer.

Do know we have to leave 2 weeks before flu jab, we were told when we had the jab.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ramot said:

Had ours  late on the 1st April, Husband says he had no reaction? but I think he was more tired for a couple of days.

I had a sore arm for a few days, but that is a normal reaction for me from a jab. I started  a headache later on on Friday and felt quite a bit nauseous, but really only lasted just over a day, Definitely fine by Sunday, arm took a bit longer.

Do know we have to leave 2 weeks before flu jab, we were told when we had the jab.

Yes our GP has everything under control re the flu jab.  I kept meaning to get it before the Covid one but didn't get round to it so will have  it after the 2 weeks.

OH's friend felt really nauseous and tired after the Covid jab - same as your husband.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

Yes our GP has everything under control re the flu jab.  I kept meaning to get it before the Covid one but didn't get round to it so will have  it after the 2 weeks.

OH's friend felt really nauseous and tired after the Covid jab - same as your husband.

My mum says her GP has started recommending the flu jab twice yearly now.

What with covid boosters, we're all going to look like pin cushions.

• Like 1